"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A GREAT NOSTALGIC MORNING INDEED!!! - PART I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: A GREAT NOSTALGIC MORNING INDEED!!! - PART I Reply with quote

Dear Members,

I wish to share with all my fellow members of msvtimes.com about the beautiful morning that unfolded with glowing tributes that were paid by two of the "Avathara Purushas" whom viswesh uncle considered in his life as his Manaseega Gurus! One is his Santoor Mentor Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and the other, Our own Legend Shri. MSV. Others who fondly recalled their association with Viswesh uncle were Mrs. YGP, Prof. Chandrashekar and Viswesh's Spiritual Guru Mathaji Vithamma (who's continuous Prayers literally brought Viswesh uncle from the jaws of sure death for almost 15 times!!!!!).

The function had all the classy stuf writ all over the place right from the stage decor. The stage was beautifully decorated with Viswesh uncle's nice blow-up and right below that were his own living companions apart from Mrs. Chitra - a Tambura, A Classical hollow guitar and The Santoor. I was really moved by this decor and hats off to the person who thought about this way of displaying the instruments.

Shri. Pandit Shivkumar Sharma happily shared all his thoughts with a full house Bharathiya Vidhya Bhavan auditorium. He recalled how Viswesh came to him to learn Santoor at a time when he had mastered playing on various types of guitar. He certified Viswesh uncle as one of his best students who always had the craving to learn more and this is precisely why after his demise his very dear Guru himself descended at Chennai and offered all the rich tributes which Viswesh richly deserved in every way... absolutely.

Our Legend Shri. MSV was fully charged with emotions and he infact began his speech with his throat fully chocked with emotions. He claimed Viswesh's nice character as a rare occurence and he said Viswesh was such a wonderful human being. He also requested the audience present to raise & pay our respect in silence for a minute to the departed soul. I was really moved by this gesture of which no one thought about!!!

Mrs. YGP and Prof. Chandrashekar spoke about his sence of humour and his face that beamed with a large smile always. They also spoke about Vishwesh's dream of continuing his service to Music even after his death... through Mrs. Chitra. A great Soul indeed.

The function also had some very nice dance sequences performed by the disciples of Mrs. Chitra and Vishwesh uncle. Overall it was a Morning with full of Hopes... Hopes that spoke about Viswesh's continous presence amongst us as an Eternal Soul.... through his Music.. Vishwesh short lived in this world but his Music will ever live in the hearts of all of us.

Vishwesh, I miss every moment of our meeting at your residence and thanks a trillion times for all those memories which I shall cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you and I will always miss you uncle. Sad

(I have taken some beautiful photographs/video and the same will be uploaded soon)

WITH PRANAAMS TO VISWESH UNCLE & HIS GURUS
VAIDY

Ram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

Thanks for bringing some unforgettable moments from Viswesh uncle's Homage function.

Yes, please send me the clips and photos. It will be uploaded soon.

My sincere Pranaams to Viswesh Uncle !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: