"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stars share their experiences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Stars share their experiences Reply with quote

Dear all,

We need to contact many film personalities and collect their work experiences with MSV and get posted in this website. We do not have people like Henry Daniel, Joseph Krishna, Kannadasan, Shivaji, MGR, Gemini and many other contemporary people to tell about their experiences .., even we would have lost many key players in his troupe. We do not know the stories behind many difficult and successful compositions. Not wasting any more time let us collect those details from many living legends now: Let me suggest some names for this postings..:;

1. Kavingnar Vaalee: (Named By MSV as one of his two eyes apart from Kannadasan) He can tell in detail about the success of the duo MGR-MSV.

2.AVM Saravanan can narrate his expereinces for the films like Anbey vaa, Veerathirumagan, Uyarntha manithan, Ramu, Servar Sundaram, Parthal pasi theerum etc.

3.Director Sridhar or if he can not recollect, then his Associate Director CV.Rajendran can narrate the fond memories of films like Kadhalika Neramillai, Nenjil oru aalayam, Nenjam Marapathillai, Sumai thangi, Kalaikoil, Policekaran magal, Vennira Aadai.

4. Dir. K.Balachandar for his wide subjects like Ninaithalle Inikkum, Manmatha Leelai, Aval oru thodarkathai, Aboorva Ragangal, Nizhal nijamagiradu, Avargal, Bama vijayam, Thaneer Thaneer...

5.Dir. P.Madhavan for films like Gnana oli, Pattikada Pattanama, Raman Ethanai Ramanadi, Thanga padhakam..

6.Dir.Muktha sreenivasan, Producer Balaji, Talented persons like Vietnam Veedu Sundaram, Aaroordoss, Mad fan of MSV likeYG. Mahandra, Director RC.Shakthi, Director.S.A.Chandrashekar who had worked with MSV in his later years of musical career, Producer RM.Veerappan.

7. People like Music Duo Shankar Ganesh, Meesai Murugesh and others who have played in their troupe.

8. Not to forget our living legend like TMS,and other Greats like PBS, SPB, KJY, P.Susheela. Vani Jeyaram, S.Janaki can give scores of tales in this column.

Let us make this website more and more interesting by getting their views in more narrative style in details.

Please post your suggestions about this..

P. Sankar.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Sharing MSV' s Experiences. Reply with quote

Dear Sankar,

Its a good suggestion.

As you are a recent entrant to the Forum, probably you might not have seen my posting made about a month back. You may remember, there was a programme in Jaya TV in 2003 under the Title "Mellisai Mannarin Isai Payanam", where various Film personalities used to discuss with MSV and bring out his experiences and interesting incidents during recording of a particular song, etc. The programme was abruptly stopped after about 12 episodes.

I had suggested to Ram & Vaidy to try and re-start this programme (preferably on Sun TV). I very well know, doing it is not that easy. However, still efforts can be made towards bringing back this programme to the MSV Fans. In fact, MSV's old troupe members like M.S. Raju, Nanjappa, Murugesh & others (whoever is alive now) should be made to converse with the Master, as they can easily recollect some important events and extract maximum possible details from the Legend.

Cheers,
Venu Soundar
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Recalling the experiences - Legend's associates. Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I find a good suggestion of trying to telecast the item MM's Isai payanam through another TV chanel if not through Jaya TV. I am afraid channels, have no value for quality or larger public sentiments. Instead , I offer a suggestion which may be more hepful. Some of our site managers may please request their good offices with MSV and seek his help in getting a copy of the video of this. Since MSV is the person to have helped the making of all episodes , the agency may not have reservations about providing a copy.
2 Some time in 1988- 1989 under the banner NAAGA VISION, THERE WAS ANOTHER PROGRAMME IN DD CHENNAI AS THIRAIYUM ISAIYUM - COMPLETE 13 EPISODE VERSION. It was a very good piece with KB, SANKAR AND OTHER DIRECTORS interacting with the legend.
3 By 1985 or so, MSV had conducted a special music performance in the studios of DDK Chennai. It was a special gift by MSV to DD chennai for their decennium celebration.
Items 2 and 3 must be available in DD chennai archives . By utilizing some contacts with MSV, it should be possible for us to muster these .All the three would prove highly valuable as a documents on the legend. Besides, item 3 will certainly have the participation of most of the long term associates of MM on his orchestra.
If procuring these pieces entails any expenses a joint contributory effort may be thought of too as an important step in the right direction. I appeal to all our friends to bestow serious atention to the three suggestions made.

Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: