"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preludes & Interludes of Songs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Preludes & Interludes of Songs Reply with quote

Discuss the preludes and interludes in MSV's songs and Title Music of his films!

Last edited by Ram on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:34 am; edited 3 times in total
satheesh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really takes some time to get started with this topic. The reason is simple. There are so many things that MSV has given that it leaves people confused as to what to choose first and start the discussion.

My choice goes to "Pudhiya Paravai". The moment the movie certificate vanishes the screen, MSV begins his domination and the impact is left in you forever.

In particular, I want to mention the pieces of "Paartha nyabagam illayo" in the climax when Sivaji plays the piano and the dupe Sowcar Janaki sings. First, hats off to the situation. The movie was a total team work. Everything from the costumes, sets, lighting, makeup.... and what not... everything contributed to the situation. And MSV's score gave the perfect emotion that Sivaji was undergoing in that situation. The varying mood swings were perfectly exhibited in the score and the interludes.

Hats off and Salute to the Genius!!!
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start with VENNIRA AADAI movie songs. no need to tell piano interlude for ENNA ENNA VARTHAIKALO/KANNAN ENNUM MANNAN PERAI SOLLA SOLLA.

Next one PACHAI KELLE MUTHU CHARAM from USV. what a way to start a song.

RAJA RANI IDAM: SIVANDHAA MANN.

those who have more music knowledge can throw some info for above songs.

regards
ramesh
satheesh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A perfect example for the genious in MSV would be "NINAITHALE INIKKUM". Every single song in it needs time to understand.

1. Sambo- sivasambo.....
No description can fit in for this song. It is very much incomprehensible how MSV managed to come up with such a great song. Technically, it is set to Rupaka taal (Correct me if I am wrong). And a mass song, with such a tempo.... And definitely no one else could have sung it any better than MSV himself. The creator knows it the best.

It would be nice if people throw some more light into this song....

And I will get back soon with the next song in this movie.

Satheesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aadaludan Padalai kettu from Kudiyerantha kovil.

Amazing prelude and interlude with different style altogether. No need to tell that all songs are super hit. This song was punjabi base . Have any one listened postlude(end of the song).song ends with fantastic flute play.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A perfect example for the genious in MSV would be "NINAITHALE INIKKUM". Every single song in it needs time to understand.

Spell bound composistion. I like WHAT A WAITING. Listen the guitar part/humming/whistle sound.

regards
ramesh
satheesh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sivasambo....

A Stunning composition that leaves you stunning everytime you listen!! The chord section at the start... and the jump to flute and tabla at the opening score is not available in the movie. And what a rendering!!! A rock on a Rupaka taal!! What a genious MSV is!!!

Complementing MSV's composition was Kannadasan's lyrics!! And hats off to the one who got the idea of MSV singing this song!!! There is no one else who can sing that song as MSV did. The guitar chord section on the interludes boost up the energy of the song... and the closure of the pallavi and the saranam with "Traamm traamm tarara rerera.... " is something of a class!! It takes a lot of time to just pick up those sangathis.

Im looking for more words to describe this song!!! Running out of words!!! But the stunners continue!!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: msvtimes salutes saradha prakash Reply with quote

First ever glorious tribute to our Master Creator in Tamizh ( I dont know Tamizh typing Ms. Saradha). What a way to post your comments on the site. MSVTIMES welcomes Ms. Saradha and please keep posting your comments. My pick on 1000-L Oruvan would be not only all the songs but the re-recording gems also. There will be one particular tune that will adorn every scene of this movie. MSV's continuity is a class in itself. Sabhash Ms. Saradha. More please
vaidy
msvtimes.com
satheesh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great effort from Saradha. Welcome to MSVTimes!! I had been busy over the last few days. I believe I should be back to MSVTimes soon more from my side.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have discussed about this song in idfferent site ,especially prelude and interlude.

MALAR ETHU ENN KANGAL THAN ENDRU . From the film AVALKU ENDRU OOR MANAM.

What a start from MELLISAI MANNAR and mind blowing interlude. Those who know more (ragam&other techincal details) about this song pl share.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any one noticed this song prelude and interlude:

SORGATHILAYE NAAM AADI YADUTHAM (Spb/Ps) from ORE VANAM ORE BHOOMI.

Especially trumphut part in this song. another musical feast from MSV.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how many of you heard this song:

GILLENDRU KATTRU VANTHATHOO (TMS/PS) from NIL KAVALI KATHLI.

wonderful start and mesmerising interludes especially trumput and violin support . You can hear this song in psusheela.org.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradhaa

Instead of giving some hints in two or three lines, why not you give a detailed analysis about these kind of songs..??.

I dont have deep knolwedge in music to describe or analyse . To be frank I started listening music because of our MSV SIR DIVINE COMPOSISTION .
I am giving hints so that those who have better knowledge can write more and people like me can enjoy and aware greatness of our MSV SIR.

Thanks for your mail.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another terrific prelude . Just close your eyes and listen to it. You will be travelling to different world . By listening this composistion you will attain peace of mind. Yes only Master music can give this kind of feeling. no words to describe. Song start with santoor(hope I am right)and violin/venna/guitar slowly joins only one.

SONG: AAMAITHE YANA NADHIYEENELAY ODAM
from AANDAVAN KATTALI.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MELLISAI MANNAR STANDS APART because even though the situation requires use of western style/instruments etc HE NEVER SACRIFICIED MELODY. Yes this song is one example.

SONG: I WILL SING FOR YOU
SINGER:TMS.

I dont remember the movie.

Oh god. MELLISAI MANNAR elegantly mixed western with our music without sacrificing melody. He used Mirudangam/flute/trumphut /drums etc with so much variety . one more expreiment happened way back 60's.

regards
ramesh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: