"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Palliyaraikkul Vandha - Dharmam Engaey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Palliyaraikkul Vandha - Dharmam Engaey Reply with quote

Dear friends,
This song is a must to be heard for the younger generation for understanding what romance really means. The lyrics by Vaalee express romance in the right perspective. "Thendral vandhu Mella Mella Unnai Thazhuvum, Thendralukku Paadhai Indri Ennai Thazhuvu" - this is a translation of Thirukkural. And the TMS PSuseela combo give full life to the tone set by MSV. And the picturisation tops it all with Nadigar Thilagam in his full peak enjoying each and every line along with Jayalalitha. Each and every line has its own style in this song. The chorus will take you somewhere, the fireworks in the background, the night mode in the cinematography - what not ? you will enjoy each and every frame. Some one some where said that on seeing the visual, the music will be lost - let them see this song and if he or she still finds music is lost then the mistake lies somewhere.
V. Raghavendran
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavan

You brought one of my most favourite songs. In the movie 'Dhrmam Enge', three songs are very nice to hear and watch. It is one among them. (Other two are 'Veeramennum paavaithannai' and 'Sudhandhira boomiyil').

That day when I was watching Jaya TV Then kinnam, they were telecasting 1972 year songs and she announced a song from Dharmam EngE. I was eagerly waiting for "paLLiyaraikuL vandha puLLi mayilE', but alas they telecasted 'naalu kaalamum unathaaga' which was not that much catchy.

As you said the music and picturisation (night effect in a boat) are very nice to enjoy.

But the very sad thing is our TV channels will telecast
'poomalaiyil Ore malligai' for 3000 times
'muthukkaLo kangaL' for 4000 times
'Rajavin paarvai raniyin pakkam' for 5000 times
'adhO andha paravai pOla' for 6000 times
Ilaiyaraja's songs for several thousand times..... BUT...
they will never go to these wonderful songs, not even one time....
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Palliaraikkul vantha Pulli mayiley" --- Yennai mayakkum oru padal; TMS simply superb in this song. Till I read this thread, I didnt even knew this song features in a film by Shivaji. I have not seen this song in TV at all.

P. Sankar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: