"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Evening with the Master

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Another Evening with the Master Reply with quote

Dear All,
Me and Vaidhy uncle met the Master in his home yesterday evening. Another memorable meeting to cherish in my life.

I felt so delighted when he and his wife asked me as why I hadn't met them for two weeks then.

Am even more delighted to say that both Our Master and His wife remember me and my name very well...I feel really BLESSED !!!

I was infact , dreaming all these years , to atleast meet this Legend once in my life time...!!! Am so happy to see that the Immortal words of Dr.Kalam ("KANAVU KAANUNGAL" ) have become true in my life.

I was just telling him about the Title song of movie "Paalum Pazhamum" which he did not remember , Thank God !!! I got another opportunity to play it for the legend from my mbl phone. He was so thrilled and happy to listen to his own composition after years.He immediately asked his daughter to listen it.

One surprising fact is that Veena Maestro Chitti Babu played for him in this movie !!!

Another memorable evening spent worthwhile with the Master and I Thank Vaidhy uncle for all these evenings....!!!

Venkat

Last edited by tvvraghavan on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: A FABULOUS EVENING INDEED!!! Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,

YES, IT DID TURN OUT TO BE A FABULOUS EVENING. THE MASTER WAS SITTING ON THE TERRACE ENJOYING THE COZEE BREEZE FROM THE BAY OF BENGAL. THE MOMENT T I & VENKAT SAW HIM THERE WAS HIS UNIQUE "VAAAAAAAAAAANGA" WELCOME MESSAGE THAT NEVER FAILS TO GREET US EVERY TIME WE MET HIM.

WE WERE CHATTING CASUALLY AND DURING THE CONVERSATION, VENKAT ASKED THE MASTER A QUESTION (I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO ASK HIM THE SAME THING FOR MANY YEARS, BUT ALWAYS MISSED THOUGH) - "UNGALLUKU MIGAVUM PIDITHA INSTRUMENT YETHU (TO WHICH I WAS EXPECTING THE MASTER TO SAY SHEHNAI!!!) ? HE SAID MY HARMONIUM!!!. HE TOOK US BY TOTAL SURPRISE & WENT ON TO ADD, MY BROTHER, MY SOULMATE, MY EVERYTHING INTHA HARMONIUM THAN. ITHU ILLAIENRAAL NAAN ILLAI" I WAS SO MOVED BY THE LOVE OUR MASTER HAS FOR HIS HARMONIUM. I HAVE ACTUALLY CHRISTINED A NAME FOR HIS HORMONIUM - MELODY GENERATOR!!!

VENKAT ALSO TOOK ME BY SURPRISE WHEN HE SUGGESTED TO OUR MASTER THAT IN THE NEXT GRAND MUSICAL PROGRAMME, THE TITLE MUSIC BE PLAYED FROM PAALUM PAZHAMUM & NENJAM MARAPATHILLAI. I FELT IT WAS A SPLENDID IDEA AS NONE OF US HAVE EVER HEARD TITLES BEING PLAYED ON STAGE. THE MM WENT FURTHER AND SAID "ANNAL ITHELLAM EN KITTEY ILLAIAPPA" TO WHICH WE SAID ENNA UNGALUKKU VENDUMO ELLAM ENGALIDAM IRUKIRATHU. HE SHOOK HIS HEAD AND APPEARED TO BE PRETTY HAPPY ABOUT THIS IDEA.

LET'S ALL PRAY TO THE ALMIGHTY THAT THIS DREAM OF ALL US BECOMES A REALITY SOON!!!

THOUGH BOTH OF US DIDN'T HAVE THE HEART TO LEAVE, IT WAS DINNER & BED TIME FOR THE MM AND HENCE MADE OUR EXIT ONLY TO TALK ABOUT & LISTEN TO HIS CREATIONS AS WE DROVE BACK HOME.

MSV MOMENTS - UNPARALLELLED MOMENTS OF LIFE INDEED!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Ram

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venky!

You absolutely deserve to be remembered by our Master and there is no need for you to be surprised, for the fact that he knows, you have the complete collection of his in your Laptop. You would have seen a pride smile on his face everytime when you played any number from your laptop, requested by any person during a meeting. It is so unbelievable and interesting that WE had to play his own tunes to him! Our Master is a Master because he is a Child at heart!

Very interesting read the experience, you and Vaidy uncle have had, during the "MSV Evening", Thanks for sharing this.

And Vaidy uncle, thanks for adding more moments during the meeting!

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And TVV and Vaidy,

Pls dont forget to record all the conversation with the Master. This is utmost important Very Happy

Next time when u meet him, pls ask him about how KARNAN movie was composed. This will be a wonderful area to explore. And also Kadhalikka neramillai !

Cheers
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Another Evening with the Master Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Seeing your write-ups on this fertile subject MSV, I feel like sharing some perceptions about this legend. Over the years I have watched him say " I do not remember". It was quite uneasy for us to digest the fact the such a great composer does not bother to retain what we [common people] believe would stay etched in his memories. After I had an occasion of listening to him [Thanks to Mr Vaidy and Mr Ramki] my reading of MSV has automatically metamorphosed to a logical approach. It is a blessing by the Ultimate that he does not remember his compositions [Though painful to us].There are two ways of looking at this rare phenomenon. 1. He is a thoroughly composed composer who has an insatiable thirst and desire to accomplish. He moves on and on leaving behind all his gems for everyone else to enjoy. This is the reason why we hardly find 'repeats' in his works over decades. 2 Any other person would try to keep in private possession what [s]he considers great and keep on haunting others "Look- what I have done 40 years ago" MSV being what he is, genuinely feels of the need to improve. All the same MSV is not bereft of memory while recalling importanrt events in the distant past during composing of songs or re-recordings. This gives the true dimensions of the Colossus , as a man, as a composer and as a true experimenter. All thinkers harp on intricate prospects of going into deep realms of any concept. Though music is rated an ocean, MSV the Ace diver can go fathoms deep, lifting bags of pearl at will. A memory tied to the old would stay fettered and can not liberally transcend limits.That is where precisely MSV scores over all others.As we all know, he is not succumbing to the limits of ragaas and he can ably jump fences without offending the fence. Even in "violation" [ pardon my inadequacy in expression] he is grace personified. Memory is a virtue for routine jobs and a hinderance for genuine creativity. Another significant hallmark in his attitude is he does not speak any high of his compositions even in private conversations.
Holding things in reverence is the dutiful domain of rasikas while the creator has to provide the fodder for listeners. Putting all these facts together it should be possible for us to recognize how blessed is this soul to be asolutely casual while being seriously causal in effect.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Completely Agree Reply with quote

Dear Prof.Raman,
We are really Blessed , fortunate and lucky enough to have people like you in this forum who always enlighten people like me with your command over the language.

I SERIOUSLY do not have any words to express my joy...Am sure it is just because of the excitement that I have got reading your English. When you are so happy about something , you just tend to forget everything...

I completely agree to your view...ney...I would call it a fact about Our Master...

"Memory is a virtue for routine jobs and a hinderance for genuine creativity"

Beautiful !!! The above is just not a mixture of words...But are Golden words from an Experienced educationist...My Humble Pranams to You ,Sire !!!

If you are planning to continue your career as a professor again, I would love become your student...... Very Happy

Please enlighten souls like me with more and more of your writing....sire !!

For a change....

Professor Rules !!!

Venkat
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: IF MSV IS FOR MUSIC, PROF. RAMAN & NVS ARE FOR ENGLISH!! Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

What a scintillating writing that was (today only I knew that there is melody in writing also!!!!!!). The way you have expressed all your present & past experiences...... Great writing indeed. Remember our telecon y'day??? I leant a lot of new words today and thanks a ton. Gross injustice woule be mine if, I didn't call you & NVS as the literary pillars of MSVTIMES.COM.

PROF RAMAN & NVS, THANKS FOR BEING WITH US - ALWAYS.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: