"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Varavendum oru pozhudhu.... POEM with JAZZY theme!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baroque

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Varavendum oru pozhudhu.... POEM with JAZZY theme! Reply with quote

Ballad garland with JAZZY theme!

Yearning ballad song with upbeat acoustic guitar strumming, piano movement ,multiple short horn calls leads to a elongated wind instrument melody, again short, curled up calls ( interplay in the arrangements between complete and distorted horn segments) give way to

‘varavendum oru pozhudhu...’ L.R.Eswari - Able Crooner!

Varavendum oru pozhudhu..... first time pallavi- wind instrument softly plays supportive rhythmic melodic while acoustic guitar rhythm gently supports the vocalist’s melodic improvization.

Repetition to heighten the effect of the sentimental longing of the vocalist!

Vocalist’s emotional, drawn out, soft performance is reinforced by short sympathetic horn rhythmic support along with chorus response at the end.

That completes the crucial, aesthetic harmonic embellishment!!

EXCELLENT Musicianship!!

Heavy drums, electric guitars are not all used in the composition. (Bass drums yerukka?? Illainnu I am feeling! With enthu I am posting, please clarify!)

Plentiful horn melodic passages, soft piano movements with gentle guitar rhythm covers the tranquilizing polyphonic decorations of JAZZ theme!!

Guitar strokes with piano movements continue to take care of rhythm section!

Seductive LRE confidently carries the poem at ease!

‘Varavendum oru pozhudhu...’-Kalai Koyil.

A PASSAGE OF EXQUISITE BEAUTY PLAYED TO PERFECTION FROM MSV MUSICAL FACTORY!!

enjoy! vinatha Very Happy

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/rUpg4mDswt.As1NMvHdW/
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subsequent to Vinatha writing I am forwarding venkat's from dhool.com.

மிழ்-ஜாஸ் என்று பேசத் தொடங்கினால் முதலின் சொல்லியாக வேண்டிய பெயர் - எல்.ஆர். ஈஸ்வரி. தமிழ்த் திரையிசை உலகில் இந்தக் குரலுக்கு இணையாக அல்லது மாற்றாக வேறு யாரையும் சொல்லமுடியாது என்ற தனித்துவம் மிக்கவர்களின் ஈஸ்வரி முதன்மையானவர். மிகச் சிறியவயதிலேயே 1959ல் நல்ல இடத்து சம்மந்தம் என்ற படத்தில் கே.வி. மஹாதேவனால் அறிமுகப்படுத்தப் பட்டவர். மிகச் சமீபத்தில் (2004) ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஸ் வரை (அருள் திரைப்படம்) ஈஸ்வரி பாடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார். தமிழில் ஜாஸ் சாயலில் உள்ள பாடல்களை மிக அதிகமாகப் பாடியவர் எல்.ஆர். ஈஸ்வரிதான்.
என்னுடைய பட்டியலில் இருக்கும் மிகப் பழைய ஜாஸ் சாயல் கொண்ட பாடல் இதுதான். சொல்லப்போனால் நீண்ட நாட்களுக்கு இந்தப் பாடல் அளவிற்கு சுத்தமான ஜாஸ் வடிவம் கொண்ட பாடலே தமிழில் இல்லை என்று சொல்லலாம். பாடலின் ஆரம்பத்தில் துவங்கும் பியானோ இசை, அதைத் தொடர்ந்த ட்ரம்பெட், சாக்ஸஃபேன் இவற்றுடன் இணையும் ட்ரம்ஸின் ரிதம் இவை எல்லாமே துல்லியமான ஜாஸ் வடிவங்கள். இந்தப் பாடலில் ஜாஸ்-க்கே அடிப்படையான கருவிகள் மாத்திரமே பயன்படுத்தப்பட்டிருக்கும்
பாடலின் இடையீடுகளில் (interlude) வரும் இசையும் வழக்கமாக ஜாஸில் கேட்கும் ஒலி.

இந்தப்பாடலில் ஒரு ஆச்சரியமான, இனிமையான விஷயம் ஆண்களின் கோரஸ் குரலை ரிதம் இசைக்கப் பயன்படுத்தியிருப்பது. வழக்கமான ஜாஸ் இசையில் பாஸ் கருவியைப் பயன்படுத்துவார்கள். விஸ்வநாதன் - ராமமூர்த்தி அதற்குப் பதிலாக ஆண்களின் குரலைப் பயன்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்கள். இசையோடு சேர்ந்து வரும் ஈஸ்வரியின் குரல் பாடலின் சூழ்நிலையை நன்றாகக் காட்டுகிறது.

regards
ramesh
baroque

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ramesh for Venkat's thoughts on this piece.

The melody is not a song format. It is jazz poem-ballard. I was informed 'chorus' is one of the instruments like wind instrument,piano etc.. in these type of jazz melodies.
In an imperfect world,(cinema), Composer insists on perfection. That makes this composition UNIQUE!
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Varavendum".. What a Jazzy prelude? Bringing Jazz to common man's liking is extremely difficult task and MSV has done it with ease. I heard this song only recently while travelling in car when I was in Chennai few months back. Myself and my brother seated in the rear seat were totally taken a-back after listening to the Prelude. We could not stop listening atleast 4-5 times, the prelude alone. Typical Jazz instrumentation added with MSV's melody. This song is a treat for listeners for centuries to come!

Just thought of sharing my "experience" on my first listening to this Extra-Ordinary number from the Master MSV.

Thanks to Baroque for bringing this song to our MSV Club.

madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: varavendum orupozhudhu Reply with quote

Dear friends
Quite a number of fans have analyzed this piece. But, I intend looking at another piece by LR E. This is a brilliant effort by both the singer and composers -Shankar Ganesh the products from MSV's school.
The song is a very unique one for there is no only pallavi "Innum oray dharam"
LR E has packed voluptuous sex in to the song by sheer laughing in a highly possessed mood and repeating the pallavi just once after piano strokes. WHAT CAN A SINGER DO? But as many have pointed out she has been an Ace in all such song sequences irrespective of MD. An exceptionally talented singer who can imbue terrific mood in to any song. To date we have no parallel to her artistry.The song was in the movie 'SIRITHTHA MUGAM"
Prof.K.Raman NaviMumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: