"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moondru Thamizh Thondriyadhum Unnidamo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavankannan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Moondru Thamizh Thondriyadhum Unnidamo Reply with quote

Dear MSVS

Of course, first film for M.K. Muthu under the directorship of Krishnan Panju. All the songs came out exceptionally excellent.

1. Moondru Thamizh Thondriyadhum - TMS-Suseela
2. Meenattam Kankonda Meenakshi-TMS-Suseela
3. Yezhaiyin Sirippil Iraivan-TMS
4. Gundooru Hanumandhappa-TMS,LRE,ALR

The film had grand success for MSV and our MD has continously done four pictures for MK Muthu
1. Pillayo Pillai
2. Pookkari
3. Anaya Vilakku
4. Samayalkaran

But one thing we should note that MD is composing excellent and mesmorising tunes inrespective of new or top stars. All the four films had a great success for our MD

Regards

Raghavankannan
sridhar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, MSV made this movie a hit. "mullai malaril oru vandu" by PS is another gem in this movie
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavan,

No doubt all the films done by MSV sir for Mu.Ka.Muthu are wonderful albums.

But the sad thing is, we are not able to listen them or watch them in any TV channels or Radios often. (Infact I never saw these songs except when watching those movies).

Our TV channels should not telecast always only "araiththa maavu" and they should bring out such rare songs too.

Sridhar, I have a doubt. Is it 'mullai malaril' or 'vellai malaril'?.

Thanks Raghavan
raghavankannan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSVs

It is Vellai Malaril oru vandu

Rgds

Raghavankannan
Jeev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Moondru Thamizh Thondriyadhum Unnidamo Reply with quote

Hi,

I watched " Moodru Tamizh" on kTV recently. Old songs are shown on kTV between 6.00 am & 8.00 am (EST).

Jeev
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A song which actually should have gone to Makkal Thilagam Crying or Very sad

Who actually deserves such accolades !

I think MGR even jovially asked Valee on how did he write Muka Muthu as Moovendhar vazi vandha mannavan ?? Very Happy

But forget all those titbits............ I think its Charukesi , set to mellisai by the Master !

The Master has given some wonderful songs to Muka Muthu !
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

உண்மைதான்...

இந்தப்படத்தின் வெளியீட்டு விழா சென்னை தேவி பாரடைஸில் நடந்தபோது எம்.ஜி.ஆரும் கலந்து கொண்டு முத்துவை வாழ்த்தினார். (அப்போது எம்ஜியாரும் தி.மு.க.வில் இருந்தார்).

பின்னர் சிலநாள் கழித்து எம்.ஜி.ஆர்., வாலியையும் எம்.எஸ்.வி.யையும் சந்தித்தபோது, "இவ்வளவு அருமையான பாடலை (மூன்றுதமிழ் தோன்றியதும்) அவனுக்கு போய் எழுதியிருக்கிறீர்களே. இதை என் படத்துக்கு ஏன் போடவில்லை?" என்று கோபமாக கடிந்துகொண்டாராம்.

இதை வாலியே ஒரு பேட்டியில் சொல்லியிருந்தார்.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same way MSV has given 2 beautiful numbers in the movie Pookari:
1. Muthupal siripennavo... (TMS, PS)
2. Kaadalin pon veedhiyil... (TMS, SJ)
And another classic song which Mu.Ka.Muthu himself sings for the movie Anayaa Vilakku - Intha manathil kudiyirukum nagoor aandavaa...

This shows that MSV gives justice to MUSIC...

That is the greatness of Shri.MSV...
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kadhalin pon veedhiyil and Moonru thamizh are memorable songs which are quite rare indeed. I recently bought a CD which was lying at the bottom of a card board box in a shop. The CD had nothing printed on it except the picture of MK Muthu and Manjula. When I played it on the system, imagine my joy when I heard a treasure trove of long forgotten songs like the ones above. There is something very touching and nostalgic about Kaadhalin pon veedhiyil. The recording is also superb. Is there a subtle echo effect? In my humble opinion, although SJ sang more songs in the 80s under other MD's, her best songs were the ones she did for our own MSV the Legend.

What can I say about the other song - Moonru thamizh thondriyathum?
TMS, PS and Vaalee excel as usual.

Naangu kunam sendhardhenna pennidamo
Adhu nadai pazhagi vandhadhenna ennidamo!

Udhirthadhu paar sengathirdhan keezh thizhayil
Adhan oli vellam paindhadhu paar vaan veliyil !

Kadhir poley naan kanden mannan mugam
Adhan oliyale malarum naan sengamalam!!

Ila nagaidhan nee ezhudum sirukadhaiyo
Adhan idai dhonrum naanam than munnurayo!!
TMS has taken effort not to sound like MGR.

Many years ago, after MGR came out of DMK, I heard the rumour that some ill-wisher planted resentment in MGR's mind because Vaalee wrote such a good song for Muthu. Apparently he therefore decided not to give any chance to him in his next movie Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban. In a function, Vaalee met MGR face to face and enquired politely. He told MGR that there was no way his next film would be released without his name. Puzzled, MGR asked him why to which the poet replied that the title would have to be changed to Ulagam Sutrum 'Bun'. Amused by his riposte, he changed his mind and let Vaalee write several songs for the same movie. I am not sure how true this is, but it makes very interesting reading!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Pick a song and analyse. Reply with quote

Dear Dr.
Your observation is right, in referring to some echo effect. The whole piece has a scintillating vibration of chords, making us feel that the entangled minds of lovers are floating in heavenly bliss. The recording with the echo effect has been done to perfection in the sense that the echo rapidly chases the prime voice /orchestra that is already on top gear. Unfortunately, one can not precisely express the mental ecstasy that one put through in listening to ' Kadhalin pon veedhiyil'. A like effect comes to us from the song
'Alangaaram kalaiyaadha silaionru kandaen' TMS , PS. We can only repent that that niceties are on their way out in the name of sophisticated recording.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Mu.Ka.Muthu Reply with quote

Dear friends,
The analysis of Moondru Thamizh thondriyadhum is interesting. And for Mu.Ka.Muthu, MSV has done a splendid contribution. He is also a good actor but unfortunately he chose movies not giving any scope for acting. Samayalkaran is one film which had some scope for his acting prowess. And his lip movement for the songs is noteworthy. As I had mentioned elsewhere, his performance in the song Naan Paadidum Kavidhayin Sondham deserves special mention. Based on the raga Kapi, this song brought out the best in Mu.Ka.Muthu and the voice of TMS would synchronise with Muthu. And similarly the song Muthupal sirippennavo is also a masterpiece from MM, with the outstanding chorus support.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.V.Srinivasan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the greatness of MSV. He would put in his very best efforts and come out with scintillating music for even actors who were not considered "top drawer ". He came up with songs which have outlived and outshone the actors who rendered them on screen. Think of "Sathiyam, Idhu Sathiyam" for Ashokan, "Deivam Thandha Veedu" for Jaiganesh, "Yen Kelvikenna Badhil" for Sivakumar. Ithudhan thozhil dharmam enbadho? His songs for Mu.Ka.Muthu in Pillaiyo Pillai, Pookari, etc would have done justice to even top heroes like Sivaji and MGR.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Pick a song and analyse. Reply with quote

Dear Mr.SVS,
You have taken pains to explain with examples as to how MSV composed songs uiformly for actors independent of their popularity. To me, MSV was / hasbeen the HERO for all the songs that he conposed / conposes. Where is any scope for discrimination ?, though the industry failed to reciprocate the scale of honour due to his skills. God knows how to take care of the situation and I am confident that no agency on earth is mighty to deny the role of Divinity in everything that happens. MSV is an open book for all of us to learn lessons of humility even on the face of unquestionable supremacy in our worldly avocations. Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Vatsan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

SVS and Prof, well said. Borrowing Vairamuthu's comments on Kannadasan......"MSV thiruvOttilum thangakkAsu ittavar".....................much the like the rain does not discriminate between a parched land or a fertile land and the highest Love that looks at Jesus Christ, Hitler, the serial killer Jack the Ripper with the same eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: