"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humble = +MSV (My Music Man - Part2) - By Vaidy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Humble = +MSV (My Music Man - Part2) - By Vaidy Reply with quote

My Music Man - Part-2

Humble = +ve MSV

This is how I would describe Mellisai Maamannar MSV in an English dictionary! Ever since my very first meeting with him 3 years back, he has been remaining just humble as ever and I haven’t seen an iota of change in him. When ever I call him or meet him, there would be an absolute warmth in his welcome Greeting and a great sense of positive vibration when you talk to him. I have never seen him down even when we discuss about so many things including the deterioration of good quality music not only in the film industry but, unfortunately amongst the listeners also. I am such a fanatic of his music it is increasingly getting difficult for me to accept this so called change or evolution or what ever one wants to call this. To me personally, there’s only one in my life who made a musical change in me and that’s our MSV! May be I sound a little pragmatic, yet I am proud to be.

Most nostalgic moments in my life are those (apart from attending his recordings), when I sit along with him and listen to some of his rare compositions and watch him in total astonishment as to how he composed such immortal songs! I always carry my “SURVIVAL KIT” along with me that consists of a walk-man to record his conversation with me & a handy cam to capture those glorious moments on video and my life saver-6 set of fully charged batteries! – Some of the rarest of rare moments include his spontaneous appreciation of his instrument players, singers and the lyricist. I have never failed to capture most of those “never to be missed” shots of those special moments - his facial expressions, his eyes, his mouth that comes with a spontaneous aha……with ecstasy.., you have see it to believe it - and you will see it very soon on msvtimes.com also! I do not know how many would get an opportunity like this to sit very next to a Living Legend and listen to songs composed by him! I surely wouldn’t call this a privilege but a Blessing indeed! But one thing I really admire about Shri. MSV is his respect for fellow human beings- be it a musician or a common man, he respects every one of them irrespective of their knowledge in music or their stature. He always says that Rasikas are the BIGGEST awards that he earned in his life and that any other recognition would only find it’s place next!

Few days before the launch of msvtimes.com, my “Jenma Sabalyam” – my dream to drive my car with MSV also became a reality when he came along with me sitting right next to me- of course we were listening to songs from “Anbey Vaa” that day. Ramki and Ram who were the co-passengers in my car captured this yet another unforgettable moments of my life. MSV Moments- As Immortal as his music!

Remember, I titled this article as “+ve MSV” and do you all know why??? Well MSV and I are A1+ve in our blood groups! What a strange but striking similarity between a die hard rasika and His Master!

By,
Vaidy
MSVTimes - Core Crew
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Wising our Master a Speedy Recovery. Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

I must say you are not just blessed, but greatly blessed (periya punniyam panni irukkanum) to have got the opportunity to interact so closely with the Legend, enjoy the Master's compositions with he himself, and share your views with him. I really envy you. I have been longing to meet the Melody King and converse with him in detail and present some of my thoughts to him.

As an intese MSV "Paithiyam" (you can check out the intensity of my love & affection for him and his music from my family), I have been longing to do this. Any way the next time I am in Chennai, I look forward to meeting the Legend through you.

Let us all wish the Melody King a speedy recovery and pray God to bless him with many, many more years of happy, healthy & peaceful living, so that he can continue to delight us with his magical music. Please keep us posted of his health status.

With Luv,

Venu Soundar

P.S.: I was away to Nasik on Sunday for a Light Music Performance, where my younger daughter sang about half a dozen songs (including a couple of our Master's hits) and returned only yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: