"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poova thalaya

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: poova thalaya Reply with quote

poova thalaya pottta theriyum song has got excellent beauties in various aspects

first of all generally a song will have a prelude and then the song but in the case of the cited song the first line comes with a bang from sirkazhi and then the music starts with a prelude which lasts for 45 seconds ,a record though .

again it is the continuity that plays at the hands of V and we go missing in it as usual

the song line can be any other way and it could have got started from TMS but our guru had taken off this from sirkazhi which goes like a starting of a aircraft

imagine a song like this in any other form and you will end up agreeing that there could be no other better tune that this

and remember the song is a note on CHALLENGE by the actors and the kambeeram the singers have put will tell that they are challenging even with out seeing the movie

what a wonderful man we have a what a creativity .
i cannot imagine a composition of this kind with these type of singers today
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Way to go !!! Reply with quote

Dear Baskar uncle,
This is a unique song for which the composition may not had been so easy (in my opinion) yet our Mellisai MaaMannar proves that He is the Best of the Best in Music creation when he is given any situation.

I have always enjoyed watching this movie innumerable times, especially, the plot that Nagesh makes,Varalakshmi's stupendous acting and prodigious performances of Jaishankar,Gemini, Srikanth,Manorama,MRRVasu, Muthulakshmi and the other star cast....
KB has proved yet again....

Coming back to the other songs in the movie I love - Poda Chonna Pottukuren...another unique song for two lunatic lovers...and our Bala's (SRS's) fav Madhurayil Paranadha Meen Kodiyai....beautiful tune and lyrics.

There is another song in which V.aadai Nirmala and Jaishankar fights...which I dont rem....

WAY TO GO Baskar Uncle ...Expecting many more such unique and rare songs from you Very Happy !!!!

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Jeev

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Poova Thalaya Reply with quote

Two more songs in this film.

(1) Ada Sarthan Podi Vayadi (TMS & LRE) - Jey & Nirmala sing in the movie.

(2) Paladai Meni (PS & LRE) - Rajashree & Nirmala sing in the movie.

The best song in this film is Madurayil Parantha Meen Kodiyai. Excellent song from MSV-VALI-TMS-KB.
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Bhaskar sir,

You are coming out with rare songs . That itself is unique. Excellent. Keep it up.

With regards
Sampat
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Baskar,
Quote:

Yes!...you are very true. Personally, I am convinced that the present day Singers who have flooded the Playback arena lack the following :

1. Volume with the right Modulation, originating from the 'Naabhi'. I feel the Pre-SPB Generation had this in plenty...(MSV, T.R.Mahalingam, Seergazhi, TMS...). 'Melody' in today's terms is just a 'Throat-Controlled Soft-Singing' which can never produce the Jeevan.

2. Right Pronounciation of the Lyric.

Even if the modern day singers have the ability to sing the most difficult musical Phrases, the mere lack of the above aspects clearly puts them on a inferior plane.

With Love
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srinivass NV wrote:
Dear Mr.Baskar,
Quote:

Yes!...you are very true. Personally, I am convinced that the present day Singers who have flooded the Playback arena lack the following :

1. Volume with the right Modulation, originating from the 'Naabhi'. I feel the Pre-SPB Generation had this in plenty...(MSV, T.R.Mahalingam, Seergazhi, TMS...). 'Melody' in today's terms is just a 'Throat-Controlled Soft-Singing' which can never produce the Jeevan.

சமீபத்தில் வந்த "காற்றாக வருவாயா" என்ற பாடலைக்கேட்டிருக்கிறீர்களா??. உச்சஸ்தாயியே வராத அந்தப்பாடகர் ஏன் அதற்கு ஆசைப்படுகிறார்?.

Srinivass NV wrote:

2. Right Pronounciation of the Lyric.

Even if the modern day singers have the ability to sing the most difficult musical Phrases, the mere lack of the above aspects clearly puts them on a inferior plane.

உண்மைதான்...

"காதல் பிஸ்ஸாஸ்ஸ்ஸு.. காதல் பிஸ்ஸ்ஸாஸ்ஸ்ஸு
ஏத்தோ சௌக்கியம் பர்ர்ர்வாயில்லே"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: