"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRONT PAGE ARTICLE IN FRIDAY REVIEW - THE HINDU !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: FRONT PAGE ARTICLE IN FRIDAY REVIEW - THE HINDU !!!! Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,
It was just another serene morning with my usual routine of listening to the Divine "Seetha Kalappa Senthamarai.." and the "Ponnoosal.." as I waited restlessly for something that I knew would decorate the Front pages of The Hindu - Friday Review. Vaidhy uncle called me and I said am still waiting for the Hindu.

But could not stop myself, thanks for the technology.....I logged on to the Hindu.com to have a peek on it.....

Yes, it is the interview of our Great Master , Musical God that decorated the Front Page of Friday Review.... Am just wonderstuck....

Ah, there comes the newspaper boy......Man , u have made me wait for such a looooong time...(probably 1/2 hour)

I have always seen,read so many Front Page articles in this supplementary..yet today , this newspaper looks so good or rather so beautiful to me ..am just unable to express my joy....

But my Happiness knew no bounds when I read the following lines .....

"M.S.Viswanathan’s achievements are awesome (check out msvtimes.com), and his simplicity, stunning!"

This is a GREAT SUCCESS to our website and all its Elite members when someone associates our website when they talk about this Legendary Composer..What else could we have asked for ..... Smile

MSVTIMES.COM BOWES and THANKS HEARTFULLY to Ms.Malathi Rangarajan for this Front Page article and also for mentioning our site's name in this context.

Following is the link ,

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/05/11/stories/2007051150860100.htm

AM JUST TOTALLY OUT OF THIS WORLD !!!!

MSV Rules !!!!
Venky
Ram

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Hindu Article! Reply with quote

Tryst with a music monarch

MALATHI RANGARAJAN

The Hindu - Friday, May 11, 2007

Always ahead of his times, M.S.Viswanathan inspires and influences composers big and small.

"Matter, meter, melody are all I know"

Creating magic: M. S.Viswanathan.
Photo: R. Shivaji Rao

The music that wafts through the spacious third floor apartment at Valmiki Nagar, Chennai, indicates it’s composing time at the household. Even as your hands hesitatingly reach for the bell, the door opens and you are welcomed into a melodious milieu.

M.S.Viswanathan — the name that casts a spell on millions of music buffs worldwide, is back in action. “What do you mean? I’ve always been in action. If you are making a movie let me know, I’ll work for you,” he guffaws. The septuagenarian is now the composer of a film titled, ‘Vaaliban Sutrum Ulagam.’ (‘Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban’ was one of MGR’s mega hits). Smiles MSV: “The hero looks a lot like MGR. Vaali is the lyricist.”

Not hi-tech

Music gizmos are not for him. Even today it’s a live orchestra he’s comfortable with. “But handling hi-tech stuff also needs skill. Only that I believe in full-fledged rehearsals. Why, I can’t even operate that radish in your hand,” he cheekily points out to your mobile.

Infirmity can’t keep the veteran away from the magic of music — magic he has created over the years and which still breathes fresh. He refutes the argument about changing tastes of youngsters. “Recently there was this teenager at one of our shows at Puducherry. He sent up a note requesting us to sing ‘Ninaippadhellam …’ a song we composed 38 years ago for ‘Nenjil Or Alayam,’” he says.

Teaming up with T.K. Ramamurthy in the first few decades of his career, MSV continued to create mesmerising pieces after the two parted ways. He has tried innovations rarely attempted by film composers of his era. The strikingly different beats for the ‘Vellikinnam Dhaan’ song, use of traditional percussion for an item number, trying out the raga with just four notes (Mahati — the song, ‘Adhisaya Raagam …’), eloquently adopting merely five instruments for a song and a 100 for another — the feats have been incredible! “I like to experiment,” he smiles simply.

Every song in Sivaji Ganesan’s ‘Karnan’ is a scintillating exercise and stirs you to this day. “Producer-director Panthulu sent Kannadasan and me to Bangalore for composing. They were ready in just three days! Those were the times when we never went out of the recording studio to work. ‘If you have it in you, you can even compose on the beach. Only that people could drop a few coins if you had your towel lying there,’ Kannadasan would quip,” recalls MSV. The lyricist-composer duo has given many riveting songs to Tamil cinema. “Matter, meter, melody are all I know,” he says softly.

These days we have singers mushrooming with every film. But MSV didn’t use many fresh talents, though a few such as Yesudas made it. “It wasn’t in my hands. Producers have the last word and when they wanted established singers I had no choice. See Ananthu here. He’s a great talent and he’s been with me for a decade now, and I’m still trying to get him a break. Each one’s time has to come,” is his philosophical response.

Besides solos and humming in his own films Viswanathan has sung for many other composers too. The Rahman composition he sang was a major hit. “One morning Rahman called me up and requested I sing for ‘Sangamam.’ I was hesitant and thought I’d go in person and tell him so. But there was a festive air at his place and I got to know it was his birthday. I didn’t have the heart to say ‘no’ then. So I went ahead. Only my voice was recorded. And when I heard it with the BGM and Hariharan’s voice joining mine, I was floored.” MSV is always lavish in his praise when he notices potential.

Into acting

For a few years now he has been into acting too. “It happened by chance. Director Saran and actor Vivek were after me to do a role in ‘Kaadhal Mannan.’ The next thing I knew Kamal Haasan insisted I do a role.”

MSV recalls an incident when he met Sivaji Ganesan at a wedding. “ He looked at me seriously and said, ‘Viswanathan, I’m planning to make music for films. I saw your performance.’ I jokingly retorted, “It’s your fate that you had to see me act. And if you compose it will be my fate to have to listen to it.” He recalls the exchange with laughter.

There’s yet another facet of MSV — that of producer. “That was a blunder. AVM Chettiar used to tell me, ‘Goddess Saraswati has blessed you amply. Don’t try anything else…’” For a moment he is pensive.

No conversation with MSV is complete without his reference to Hindi film composer Naushad. “He’s like God to me. Imagine my joy when he came to my concert in Mumbai, sat through the entire show, and even sent a note asking for the song, ‘Odam Nadhiyinilae …’ [A memorable strain by Sirkazhi Govindarajan],” he says.

M.S.Viswanathan’s achievements are awesome (check out msvtimes.com), and his simplicity, stunning!

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/05/11/stories/2007051150860100.htm
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Great Day! Reply with quote

ஏம்.எஸ்.வி அவர்களைப் பற்றிய செய்தி சுமந்து 'ஹிந்து' பத்திரிக்கை புனிதப்பட்டுவிட்டது!...

The great efforts of Mr.Vaidy & Mr.Ramki have started to blossom as results!... Great day too for msvtimes.com and so elated I am to be part of this great team.

With Love

NVS
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: BULLS EYE NVS!!! Reply with quote

Dear NVS,

Bulls eye!!! Yes it was a loooooooooooooooooooooong overdue for Our Master. By the way this is the first ever front page coverage done by The Hindu (what a relief!!!!) on MSV and the credit goes to the entire crew of The Hindu for making this possible. I am in cloud 9 right now and hope to descend soon!!!

Pranaams to my Guru and the rest of my team for their all out efforts in making our dream become a reality. 11th May 2007 is just an unforgettable day for all of us. I met the legend this morning to have his personal reaction to this article. Do you all know what he said?????

"Naan Paartha odaney nenaichen, ithu ungaludaiya vidaa muyarchi thaan enru"

I replied in the negative and said, it is because of your music and nothing else. How true...... Without his music, not only this world would be hollow but we would not have had a goal as well.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDY

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள வைத்தி,

நான் உங்களைப் பார்த்து பெருமைப்படுகிறேன். திரு. எம்.எஸ்.வி அவர்களுக்கும் உங்களுக்கும் பூர்வ ஜன்ம தொடர்பு கண்டிப்பாக இருக்கிறது. நான் பார்த்தவரைக்கும், உங்கள் மூச்சுக்காற்றே எம்.எஸ்.வியாக இருக்கிறது. உங்கள் பணி தொடரட்டும்!!

You are the Man determined to do much more for the sake of the great master music with the support of our crew members.

With love,
Sampat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: