"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solitary Reaper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chandrashekaran Subramani

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Solitary Reaper Reply with quote

This song of mine will wind its music around you,
my child, like the fond arms of love.

The song of mine will touch your forehead
like a kiss of blessing.

When you are alone it will sit by your side and
whisper in your ear, when you are in the crowd
it will fence you about with aloofness.

My song will be like a pair of wings to your dreams,
it will transport your heart to the verge of the unknown.

It will be like the faithful star overhead
when dark night is over your road.

My song will sit in the pupils of your eyes,
and will carry your sight into the heart of things.

And when my voice is silenced in death,
my song will speak in your living heart.

This is about English class on Solitary Reaper by my English Teacher in my +1. First class of the year, First and last class in my life I enjoyed, I didnt know that Mr Ramanujam was teaching.. I could recollect after the class was over only two things. Him walking into class and Him walking out of class and the rest of time I was alone in a forest, there was breeze, there was moisture in the air, birds were singing and so on and so forth. It was an experience and end of the day he didnt take a class but he made me experience something which cannot be restated and you can only experience..

MSV's music is one such.. One can experience if he is part of music. One cannot see, cannot touch. It is like breathing, It is a like a breeze.. If only Mr Ramanujam had treated that like a class I wouldnt have enjoyed. He walked me thru' .. All because he enjoyed doing.. So does MSV..
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: What a Start!!! Reply with quote

Dear Chandru,

What a way to start your innings at msvtimes.com!!! It was a wonderful feeling that I experienced after I fully read thro' your post. Pse keep it up. A warm welcome to MSVTIMES.COM.

CHEERS
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM
vishwas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! A fantastic way to start your innings Chandru! You can't sum it up -describing MSV's songs -in a better way. It is more an experience than a lilting tune. it never stands alone from you. you become part of the sentiment/emotion conveyed by the song and live through it, when you hear the song and henceforth whenever you sing/ hear the song.

MSV is simply incomparable in transporting the audience to different realms. He has offered something palatable /relishable for every knd of life-situation you can think of - in an inimitable style.

Today I just happened to hear "ullathukulle olithirupathu" -from Palani I suppose. What a great melody with so much LAYAM (it eats into your soul). TMS and PS only can sing it so well. There will be a humming bit which PS handles so elegantly- you can see PS doing an LRE here. Generally LRE is reserved for humming bits in MSV, KVM's songs (REmember Ennirandu Pathinaru vayathu" song).
In tha above song PS so beautifully does this bit in almost LRE's style proving she is great in this department too.

Longlive MSV-TMS-PS (invincible) trio

warm regards
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Chandru..

What a poetic start....!!!!. You have given a different definition to our MSV's music. We expect more and more from you. We hope, you will make this forum more glorious with your wonderful writings.

Dear Vishwas...

What a coincidence....!!!. Last night I also heared, sorry, enjoyed the same song "uLLaththukkuLLE oLindhiruppathu" from Palani, and was thinking to write about that song. But you overtook me. Good. It is one of the 'Best 100s of TMS & PS'. (Duet for SSR & Devika, because Shivaji is pairless in Palani). Soon you will see the eloborated version of this song here.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great poem and a great way to start !!! Felt as if I was also in your class room !!!
Chandrashekaran Subramani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Avalukkena... Azhaghiya Mugham Avalukkenna Reply with quote

I will be a Nut if i ask you all a question have you heard this song or seen the sequence.. To get into it a little bit more..

You see little master (oh what a nice fitting for him) on the screen conducting music. The prelude for the song starts and you see little feet well booted tapping on the floor moving left and right.. Well blended with the song, well knitted with the following sequence, well connected with the dancer come actor on the shooting floor...

Did MSV dance or did he orchestrate a song ? No.. I am sure when he thought of the song, when the tune came in his mind and from his heart and when did the bit he was into it deep or in otherwords, he was the song, he was the cast, he was the audience, he was the music and no need to say he was in the minds of the lyricist when the lyric was written...

What a man!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Bravo Chandru! Reply with quote

Dear Chandru,

That was a splendid six thro' the off side to hide "Avalukkenna Azhagiya Mugham" from Server Sundaram by the little master. Great writing, great imagination!!! Many more please!!!

CHEERS
VAIDY
vishwas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The enthu that the 'Little Master' exhibits through his eyes is so contagoius; TMS ,at the Non-striker's end at the start of the song picks it up and responds so well to MSV's call; the Partnership easily acheives an unbeaten (of years)partnership through fame and longevity of this song.

This song would be any generation's pick and choice and would easily outlive any onslaught from any quarter of this universe
vishwas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vishwas...

What a coincidence....!!!. Last night I also heared, sorry, enjoyed the same song "uLLaththukkuLLE oLindhiruppathu" from Palani, and was thinking to write about that song. But you overtook me. Good. It is one of the 'Best 100s of TMS & PS'. (Duet for SSR & Devika, because Shivaji is pairless in Palani). Soon you will see the eloborated version of this song here.

Madam,

Do you have songs of "Enga Pappa" I don't have any except "Pudhu veedu vandha neram". Any chances they will be uploaded here.

thanks
-Vishwas
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: A Poetry to start! Reply with quote

Dear Chandru,
I am so thrilled to see your poetic writings. Gifted Writers like you, with a soulful inclination to the greatest Legend MSV are invaluable to this forum. We need more and more of your fabulous contributions.

I think I missed this great forum for a longer period due to unavoidable routines.

Thank you so much for gifting us your words.

With Love
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Chanduru

I was thrilled to read your postings. Your words have come out from your inner soul poetically and there is no other way you can describe MSV and his Music. You have explained in very clear terms why MSV is in the hearts of all of us and his songs are immortal !

Your continued contributions like this are very much required for this Forum and its rasikaas.

Valarthapozhuthin perithuvakkkum thann thambiyai
Chaandrone ena ketta annaa

I am proud of you, my dear brother !!

Anna (Ramki)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: