"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinnanchiru Kiliyey Kannamma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Chinnanchiru Kiliyey Kannamma Reply with quote

The melody he had given to the famous Mahakavi Bharathiyar's song "Chinnanchiru kiliyey kannamma" in the film "Needhikku dhandanai" is an excellent work. And this song adds to his famous list of compositions of Bharathiyar's songs. Our MSV introduced the popular female playback singer Ms.Sornalatha to Tamil film world in that song. And after that only she started getting offers in Tamil films.

The song got the appreciation from all sections of people during that time. The melodious tune and the suspense filled interlude music of the song went along with the mood of the film, as he always insists. Since I wouldn't be able to analyse about the musical aspects of the song I leave it to others.

This is a song which came in 1987 I believe, which was almost 35 years after he entered filmdom. This is one of his great hits in late 1980s. That was the time he was continuously composing music for Director SA.Chandrashekar's films like Nilavey Malarey, Vasantha Raagam and which had good hits. This film was a super hit and MSV certainly had a role in it.
P. Sankar
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: MELODY MELODY MELODY !!!! Reply with quote

Dear Sankar,
Thanks for pointing out this RARE MELODIOUS MELLIFLUOUS song that was a hit when it was released and went into oblivion !!!!!

Swarnalatha voice is so PURE and SWEET !!!

Another GREAT usage of FLUTE and SITAR !!..who else could use these two instruments better than our MSV sir.....

MSV RULES !!!!
Venky
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a beautiful melody indeed! Thanks for bringing this up dear Sankar!

And Venky has sent me this song from his "Mega Collection" residing in his "Maha Laptop" Wink , to upload in the site. All can listen this song very soon, in our own MSVTimes.com !!! The process is in full swing !!! Very Happy
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: A nice and precise analysis Reply with quote

Dear shanker,
A nice,short, and very precise write -up of the song -CHINNANJIRU KILIYE. The highlight of the song is the BGM composition which suits the trend of 80,s and that is the uniqueness about our MSV-The only indian composer who has stood the test of time-His songs whether ADADHA MANAMUM-MANNADHI MANNAN OF 50,s to this melody of late 80,s apty reflects the mood and trend of that decade.
Swarnalatha who is an ardent fan of MSV,is extremely lucky and blessed to be introduced by him,whatmore she can ask for
HATS OFF TO SHANKER. ONLY AN DIE HARD FAN OF MSV can provide minute details of his carrier graph of late 80,s.
Ivvalavu vishayam ulla vechukittu onum theriadha madhiri en gitta MSV patri kettukittu irundheenga-NIRAI KUDAM THALUMBADHU.That is unique to all MSV fans, they want to hear more about him, like hanuman,s presence just to hear about rama whereever Ramayana is rescited.
UMUA
MBM
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dr., It's definitely pleasure listening about our genius. Otherwise for a person of my age how would it have been possible to know many details of his career graph, his contributions and innovations. And this website is the ultimate for providing informations. Though I have been a great listener and admirer of the songs of MSV, lot many things like the instruments used by him were not noticed by me. For example, I never knew MSV had used Shenoy and Accordian to such a large extent. I love "Aalayamaniyin Oosayay nan ketten" and would have heard 1000 times; so as the case with the song "Ponal pogattum poda". As a layman I was spellbound with the melodious tune, down-to-earth lyric of kaviarasar kannadasan and the sweet voice of the singer, but not paying attention to what type of instrument he has used. The songs in a film have the role of taking the mood of the viewer along with the film and express the feelings in a poetic or emotional manner. MSV was a team-man. His songs did just that. But only now I recognise the type of instrument being used by him - shenoy in Aalayamaniyin or Accordian in Ponal pogattum. These are only small examples. I have taken into notice a lot nowadays.(Thanks to MSV times)

I never knew that MSV has broken the style of composing a film song by a fixed raga, which was the trend before him. Lots of readers have quoted about this and they say "Malligai yen mannan mayangum" is a classic example for this style. But this may not be a successful formula for other music directors. Because one probably needs a divine blessing for this. As a reader says, "Kannil therigindra vaanam" from "Ragasiya police 115" will not come in any grammer and it is a wonder how he blended it to make it a superhit song. I am thankful to every contributor.

MSV is a sagaptham.

P.Sankar - TIRUNELVELI

Last edited by P. Sankar on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice selection SHankar !

This song was appearing in TV & also a bit popular in Radio as well. The little master, though at the end of his career still had his silken touch & it reflected in this song !

Interesting to note about the debut of Swarnalatha. I was under the impression that IR introduced her !

The thankless film industry virtually deserted the Master by that time .

Thanks for the pick Very Happy
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Hats-Off! Reply with quote

Dear Dr.MBM and Sankar,

Your replies in this thread are the first I read today morning. It turns me emotinal to see the extent of respect the fans of MSV has got over their Master. Comparison of "Listening about MSV" to "Hanuman in Ramayana" is something really great. And our Sankar's acknowledgement and reply... beautiful !!!

One can be an casual listener or technical listener or a deep observer... but the impact of MSV's music had been the same on everyone!
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Mahakavi's song which our Legend has composed in the year late 80's is "Ninnaye radhiyendru ninaikirenadi Kannamma" in the movie, "Kanney Kaniyamudhey" (starring actor Rehuman, Amala). Beautifully sung by Yesudoss.

Whenever we think of Bharathiyar's film songs composed by MSV, we think only of the song of "Kaikodutha Dheivam" and the songs of "Varumaiyin niram sigappu". May be because of the dynamic presence of Shivaji and Kamal in those films.

If our appreciation is there for Bharathi and MSV, then we should do it as many times, for these two songs as well.

P. Sankar - TIRUNELVELI.
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR SANKAR,

THANKS FOR REMINDING 'NINNAIYE RATHIYENDRU" ,THE MAHAKAVI SONG.AFTER MUCH GAP,THE MASTER COMPOSES ONE ,THAT TOO MAHAKAVI SONG,IN KALYANA VASANTHAM.THE PREVIOUS BEAUTY IS
"KAANCH PATTUDUTHI" FROM 'VAYASUPONNU'.THE OTHER GOOD NUMBER IN KALYANA VASANTHAM IN TFM IS ''NALLA MANAM VAAZGA",THE MD ,I SUPPOSE IS V.DAKSHINAMOORTHY.

IS THERE ANY OTHER SONGS BY THE MASTER IN KALYANAVASANTHAM OR SHADES OF IT BY THE MASTER.KINDLY ENLIGHTEN.

ANOTHER BRILLIANT MAHAKAVI NUMBER FROM VARUMAIYIN NIRAM SIGAPPU" IN CHASTE TILANG IS "NALLADOR VEENAI SEYTHE'' GOOD WORK EXTRACTED FROM SPB BY THE MASTER.
AND THE CONCLUDING BEAUTY FROM THE SAME FILM"THEERTHAKARAITHANILE THERKU MOOLAIYIL" BY SPB.THIS SONG MISSED THE NATIONAL AWARD INTHAT YEAR BY A WHISKER.

WHAT GREAT TUNES DOING JUSTICE TO MAHAKAVI"S IMMORTAL POETRY!

MSV MAGIC! MUSIC HOUDINI!

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: MSV AND SHENOY Reply with quote

The melody magician MSV has used shenoy extensively which no other Indian film composer can ever imagine,in many great songs,BGM,and Re-recordings of films.ALAYAMANIYIN Shenoy bit is SHENOY MAESTRO BISMILLA KHAN,s favourite piece that he asked msv,s shenoy man Sathyam to play for him. BISMILLA KHAN <If iam right,has played Shenoy for the songs of KARNAN ,along with Sathyam ,especially in NILAVUM MALARUM,the evergreen duet. TO NAME AFEW OF MSV,S shenoy songs,
1. NILAVE ENNIDAM-PBS -FILM _RAMU.
2.SARAVANA POIGAIYIL _PS -FILM-IDHU SATHIYAM.
3.POTTU VAITHA MUGAMO-SPB-FILM-SUMATHI EN SUNDARI.
4.AMMANAI -TMS VANI -FILM-AVAN ORU CHARITHIRAM -Once again DOUBLE SHENOY As in KARNAN SONG NILAVUM MALARUM.
5.UNNIDATHIL ENNAI KODUTHEN-S.JANAKI -AVALUKKU ENDRU OR MANAM
6.NAN UNNAI AZHAIKKAVILLAI-TMS-ENGIRUNDHO VANDHAL.
7.ENGA VEETU RANIKKU IPPA ELAMAI THIRUMBUDHU-TMS-PS-FILM-KRAGAPRAVESAM.
The List goes on and on.
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: MSV SCORES FOR EVER Reply with quote

Dear mr.s.balaji ,
HE was never deserted . IT was just natural transition process.HE is the only indian composer to give non -stop hits for almost forty years-according to me it is for INFINITE PERIOD OF TIME -KALATHAI VENDA ORE MD WITH HIS EVER GREEN MELODIES. Many indian film composers have come and gone during the same period -Be it south or north.
To quote Mr. Vaidy,
MSV SCORES. MSV SCORES FOR EVER.
UMUA
MBM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: