"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSVTIMES.COM 10TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEOS...RIGHT HERE SOON...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM 10TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEOS...RIGHT HERE SOON... Reply with quote

Dear All,

The 10th Anniversary was celebrated with the same enthusiasm and happiness all around on March 25, 2017 at the Pitty Theagaraya Hall in T'Nagar, Chennai. The auditorium was packed with emotionally charged audience with many feeding back Sriram Lakshman about the musical concert. We thank each one of you for being there and making it all the more special by your presence at the venue.

We shall soon upload all of these videos and provide you with the youtube link right here soon.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!
VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: YOUTUBE LINK Reply with quote

Dear All,

As promised, here is the first of the videos uploaded on youtube. Find below the link for the same. For comfortable viewing, we urge you to keep the volume at optimum level.

https://youtu.be/hqbTO_F6qD4

Cheers
VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: YOUTUBE LINK... Reply with quote

Dear All,

The next of the youtube link for you to enjoy...

https://youtu.be/S6dx0maKOV0

CHEERS
VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: NOEL GRANT HONOURED Reply with quote

Dear All,

MSVTIMES.COM pioneered the concept of honouring musicians since its launch in 2006, while we see some of the seasoned in the industry launching an all out war on fellow singers / musicians on copy rights issues. During a casual chat with Shri. MSV those days, he told me once that he is not interested in all these things as he had already been paid a remuneration for his work done as a Music Director and hence the question of him claiming any rights over what had been done and paid for never arose! Moreover, he even went one step further to tell me that if his songs were heard in every part of the world, what more could he wish for in his life than to feel happy about it? This is one of the biggest reasons why we adore him so much. A man who achieved greatest heights in film music never let success occupy /rule his mind. A must learn lesson for those who claim themselves to be demi Gods of music!

Here's Music Composer Mr. Shyam Joseph doing the honours on Drums Legend Noel Grant posthumously, received by his son Maynard Grant.

https://youtu.be/la35TqE48Jc

Cheers
MSV IS ALWAYS MUSIC FOREVER!!
VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Vaidy. With the support of many generous people,10th anniversary went off exceedingly well. Guitar Bala and Troupe did a great job. Vatsan did a commendable job and his brand equity is on the rise.

Prayer song gives a great fillip to the programme. No Msv fan can escape the overwhelming emotion, when the prayer song is played. Listened again to the speech of composer shyam. Mild mannered Gentlemen seems to be disturbed by the turn of events regarding rights & royality.

Postive feedback from various quarters is certainly encouraging. We shall strive hard to deliver better, for the next programme.

V SIVASANKARAN
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: YEYNAKKORU KAADHALI IRUKKINDRAAL Reply with quote

Dear All,

LIVE IT UP FOR MSV - MSVTIMES.COM'S 10th Anniversary. Yenakkoru Kaadhali Irukkindraal - Rendered by Ananthu truly in MSV's unique style and Gnanashekar, our own SPB from Erode!! Watch Ganapathy on the Tabla, Nagaraj on the Pads and Keyboardists Manikandan & Xavier. All making a melody sound so true and live bringing back our Legend alive on Stage. Brilliant work once again by Guitar Bala who left no stone unturned to make this event yet another immortal one!!

https://youtu.be/zw7MbXc0UuE

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!
VAIDYMSV

Vatsan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Resp, Reply with quote

Thanks Vaidy for those great videos. Without the slightest of arrogance all I can say about accolades pouring in is "Well, so what's new". We as a team have been pretty humble in that regard, we havent exactly been tomtomming the laudatory expressions that have been directed towards us, especially starting with the "Reminiscences" program. The way the programs have been positioned within the audience, the overall look and feel of it all, the way the programs have been executed, the choice of songs and the overall spirit with which all the shows were conducted have all been targeted for extreme praise by one and all and again, thats starting from "Reminiscences". Whatsapp messages would typically start with an introduction as we , in most cases wouldnt know the person addressing us. The person would continue to extol the virtues of the show and the team that caused it all to happen. Whatsapp messages galore and I will present a random sample of the gist of all the messages received.

Quote....
Hi, I am Swaminathan and I met you along with Sabesan , Ganesh and Bharani etc. Today's program was simply outstanding in all respects. It was awesome in all respects, songs selection and orchestra. Presentation was crisp.
Quote end....

Following was even more gratifying

Quote....
We are having a lunch meet today and we would like to honour you all. Please join us and grace the occassion.

We hereby thank all the well wishers wholeheartedly and doff our hats to Guitar Bala for his penchant for attention to details and striving to get close to the originals to the extent humanly possible with time at a premium. Thanks to all msvtimes.com members too.
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

Our programs have not only fascinated the common man, even the musicians from the film music industry have expressed their deep sense of awe and wonderment at the list of songs chosen and added while conversing with Guitar Bala that he was indeed very fortunate to even notate the chosen songs and perform them on stage.

So technocrats and common music fan, let your destination be the next msvtimes.com function.

A final word on this, all feedbacks clearly indicate that the audience is eagerly waiting for the next msvtimes.com gig.

Good job Vaidy, Siva, Renga and the rest.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: PLANNED AND EXECUTED WELL Reply with quote

Hi Vatsan & Shiva,

Thank you for the accolades. Though one of the major challenges that we faced was budgetary constraints (as usual this year also), many who were seen at the venue didn't even offer their token of contribution for conducting this show except some brilliant minds coming out with vague suggestions and ideas that aren't even worth pondering over leave alone considering them. I am sure the concert was very well received by the audience and one of the biggest plus points of our programme is that we don't keep repeating songs but try and unearth all those gems hidden deep under the repertoire of Shri. MSV. Not only are these rarest of rare but for a seasoned musician like Guitar Bala, he prefers to accept these challenges and thus was born a near perfectly executed orchestration.

The time that he spent along with Keyboardist Manikandan to notate these songs spending hours together goes only to prove that there are some very deserving musicians still alive and kicking in TFM world and we are only mighty pleased that we found Guitar Bala and his team that he specially handpicks each year.

The sponsorships we received from MSV's family (Latha & Mohan Nair, Madhu & Ashok & Shanthi & Ashok Kumar) have always been very spontaneous. Musee Musicals, TAFE, Makkal Kural also chipped in with useful contributions. Sara Faabricators did the printing and erection of all the banners at the entrance of the venue besides backstage. There were also several kind hearts who readily contributed their might and we wish to thank all of them from the bottom of our hearts. Our very special thanks to Shri. Shyam Joseph - Music Composer, Mr. Sampath who has a very sound knowledge on Sound and Mr. Gandhi Kannadasan for being there at all our concerts without fail.

Shri. MSV always used to say that it was team work that worked for him and we found ourselves experiencing the same year after year. Thanks to my fellow members, Vatsan, Shiva, SRS, KRS and kudos to Rajesh (from Shiva's office) who every year toils around to get all our compliances done.

We at MSVTIMES.COM shall strive to the best of our ability to showcase yet another event with the same zeal and enthusiasm. After all, we are a group loving every bit of it and the fun associated with it.

Await somemore uploads on youtube tonight!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!
VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: LIVE IT UP FOR MSV - HELLO MY DEAR WRONG NUMBER Reply with quote

Dear All,

First of all, Shri. MSV deserved all the accolades in this world for coming out with such a "right tune" for the "wrong number"!

MSVTIMES.COM's 10th Anniversary. Listen to this riot of a rhythmic ensemble by MSV! Watch Ananthu & Jayshree bringing the song sequence alive in front of our eyes. Ganapathy on the tabla enjoying every moment of this song with a sheer brilliant display of degga & base karanai tabla ably assisted by Naga on the pads and Uppili on the drums. Watch Guitar Bala swapping the rhythm Guitar with Logu taking over the base and playing it so pleasingly. Prem on the lead guitar turning those Sitar moments and Keyboardists Manikandan and Xavier chipping in their best. Viji on the muted trumpet executing it to perfect perfection! Nagarathinam - the timing expert on the Maraccas providing a perfect, neat background. Over all a twin treat for ears and eyes! Ananthu's spontaneous repeat rendering of those impeccable sangathis were a bonus to the audience! Enjoy folks...

https://youtu.be/BoFJgdjAA80

Truly loved every moment of these moments! What a way to present a song on stage!! Thank you Guitar Bala...

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!
VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: LIVE IT UP FOR MSV - TWIN DELIGHT Reply with quote

Dear All,

I know you have all been literally immersed in MSV's music. This is a twin delight. Yes I am providing you with two youtube links for two of the greatest songs ever to have been sung by SPB for MSV. I still remember vividly...in one of the recordings, SPB was expected to come and record this song for which the track was sung by Ananthu with MSV awaiting his arrival. As soon as he appeared, MSV uttered to me....idho varaan paaru, "blotting paper"....meaning that SPB would grasp anything under the sun tutored by MSV! How true!

LIVE IT UP FOR MSV - MSVTIMES.COM'S 10th Anniversary. If one were to pose this to SPB as which one of the songs would be his favourites (obviously a very difficult question agreed), then Theyrottam would certainly feature in that list. This song from Nool Veli of the 80's is dotted all over with rhythmic innovations beyond human's imagination (a perfect reason to reiterate that MSV wasn't from this planet at all!) which has always been the unassailable forte of our Legend. Gnanashekar for SPB and our own Tabla Alla Ganapathy Rakha letting his wrist and fingers do the magic (don't miss an avalanche of beats on the tabla by him towards the climax of this song!). Flute Leela, string section and the entire orchestra coming together to deliver another delight! Yet another lethal combo of the three letter magic - MSV & SPB!! Enjoy folks...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmDoEKgWmrM

MSVTIMES.COM's 10th Anniversary. A marvel of the late 70's from the film Muthana Muthallavo, this song features some very unique orchestration patterns involving seamless scale changes that are so so haunting that you just can't stop listening to it once. When there is a lethal combination in the form of MSV & SPB together in a song, what could one expect but quality?? MSV always had this habit of letting the singers flow with the tide (but holds the Master controls, yet) and thus was this operatic rendering so effortlessly done by SPB. Viji & Jaigopi on twin trumpets, Bala on rhythm, Logu on the base and the string section headed by Dayalan present yet another beauty of a melody! Enjoy folks...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj8FSDFIq-o

Didn't I say, this was a twin delight?? Hope MSVTIMES.COM lived upto its reputation of showcasing some great songs on it's 10th Anniversary...

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!
VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: DEDICATED TO MY GURU, FOREVER IN MY THOUGHTS... Reply with quote

Dear All,

MSVTIMES.COM's 10th Anniversary. Ananthu virtually possessed by MSV I must say. Look at the way how soulfully he has rendered this song. I have always felt that MSV was not only a composer unparalleled but more adept in singing too. A song that could instantly make me cry. Dedicated to my Guru Shri. Shri. MSV who's forever in my thoughts...

https://youtu.be/VI1EXHcNMQ0

PRANAAMS...
VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello my dear,is a lovely number. Any music lover will get hooked up to this great song forever. I have always felt that showcasing Shri Msv works to nextgen, will be cake walk, if we expose them Spb & Kjy songs.

In our next programme we should increase the songs of KJY.

Regards

V Sivasankaran
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear team,

many many thanks for sharing the videos . Indeed the song selections are exceptional and this is one important factor which makes many MSV fans throng to the annual event with an element of thrill !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: