"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRAIN SONGS !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: TRAIN SONGS !!!!! Reply with quote

Just an inspiration from many threads available in this forum !!!

A. TRAIN Songs :-

1) Thirupathy Malayil Erugindral Thirumbumpozhuthey Ninaivu varum (Vazhvu En Pakkam) - Amazingly composed and sung by our Master himself !!!! I feel noone else could have sung this song with such an intricate emotion. Ofcourse, this is one of my favs.

When you listen to the second charanam which goes like this "Idukkan Varungal sirikka chonnar ,Inimel Varuvathu Nalamendru". Our Master will sing this twice and the second time he would just laugh a bit when he sings "Idukkan Varungal Sirikka Chonnar....." what a presentation indeed !!! Also, in the same charanam...when he sings "Sangam Muzhangum geethangal , Dharmam Olikkum Vedhangal ....." , there will be such a strong and deep emotion with which he inspires someone so dejected and deceived in life !!!!

2) Chitthtirai Matham Pournami Neram ( Raman Ethanai Ramanadi )

3) Train Music in Thrilling Thematic Tunes !!! ( this is really really an amazing instrumental song)

4) Olimayamana Edhir Kaalam (Pachai vilakku)

5) Ullam Rendum (from Sivagamiyin Selvan) - I feel this song is very much better than its original Hindi counterpart "Mere Sapnon Ki Rani kabh" from Aradhana

Others please continue......

MSV Rules !!!

Venky
tvsankar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venky,
One more song from Needhiku thalai vanganu - i think

"Ethanai idhayangal ulagathilae = amma
Ethsanai ...

Kovilai pirnadhae vaazhndhalum
Mana kovilil thai dhan vaazhuginral Mana
Kovilil thai dhan vaazhugindral...

BY KJY..Beautiful Lyrics.

With Love,.
Usha Sankar.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Train Songs. Reply with quote

Dear Venky,

Good to see you start a new thread under the above Title. My additions are -

11. Ellorukkum Kaalam Varum Kaalam Vandha Neram Varum Varuvadhu Endha Vazhiyo (Sumathi En Sundhari). During this song only, Jayalalitha will get down from the train and reaches Sivaji's place.

12. Angamuthu Thangamuthu Thannikku Ponalaam (Thangaikkaaga)

13. Sirippu Varudhu Sirippu Varudhu (Aandavan Kattalai) - the last portion of the song is in the train.

That's it for the time being. Will think of more.

Luv,
Venu Soundar
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Astonished !!! Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha/Usha and Venu Jhee,
Am really astonished to find such an immediate response from you all. Hats Off and Thanks a lot . Please keep up your good work and contribute more...

I feel "Kannan Ennum Mannan Perai Solla " from Vennira Aadai is also based on the "Train" rhythm though it does not belong to this category. It will be evident at the end of the song when MSV ends the song with the flute,violin ensemble and ofcourse a beautiful santoor !! Thoughts ??

Similarly , there can be other categories like "Horse" songs (acham Enbadu Madamaiyada","Oho oho Manidhargaley") and "Maatu vandi" songs. (like "paarappa Pazhaniappa") Surprised

MSV Rules !!!

Venky
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Train Songs. Reply with quote

Dear Venky,

In fact, we can include another song from "Pachai Vilakku", i.e. "Kelvi Pirandhadhu Anru Nalla Badhil Kidaithadhu Inru", which is a wonderfully orchestrated song of the Master. Though the song does not take place in the Train, it takes place on the Railway tracks with the Engine sound, etc beautifully mixed.

One more is "Inimai Niraindha Ulagam Irukku Idhile Unakku Kavalai Edhukku Lovely Birds" from "Ninaithale Inikkum". Sollave Vendiyadhillai. Indhap paadalai ninaithavudane inikkinradhu.

Then what about the number sung by the Legend himself "Payanam, Payanam, Payanam......", from "Payanam".

As you have said, we can come out with other threads also like "Horse Songs", etc. With MSV songs, which is like a ocean, we can create as many categories as possible.

Luv,
Venu Soundar
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venky/venu soundar/saradha

Excellent train list. How could u come out with such list. what a memory and commitment. great men. keep it up.

tons of luv
sampat
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Train Song Reply with quote

Dear Venky,

Gu Bu Gu Bu Gu Bu Naan Engine, dug dug dug nee vandi - Motor Sundaram Pillai!

WHAT A SONG WHAT ORCHESTRATION!

MSV SCORES!

cheers
vaidy
jeyaramg1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

This is Jeyaram G , one of the support crew members.

I have started writing from y'day - in a diff thread.

One more song, I can add to Train list -

'Pachai Vanna Thottam Kandu.... (SPB/ SJ) from Lorry Driver RajaKannu.

will try further.

-Regards
Jeyaram
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more train songs:

** 'ammammA thambi endru nambi' (Rajapart Rangadurai - first song)

** 'nAnum kooda rAjAthAnE nAttu makkaLilE' (Punnagai - for Nagesh)

** 'varushaththai pAru arupaththi Aru' (Kumarippen)

** 'nAlu pErukku nandri.. andha nAlupErukku nandri' (SangE muzhangu)
raj_k65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have been following this site ever since it was launched and I notice that the MSV Club is getting livelier by the day which has prompted me to write.

More than a decade ago I suggested to the then DJ friends of Radio Malaysia, Indian Section to come out with songs having themes. The idea was taken up but then it became incumbent upon me to compile the songs on a regular basis.! For many years the programmes were the mainstay and drew tremendous support from listeners.

The song themes selected were many such as train , horse, transportation, spirit, songs having dialogues in between, self praise (both for males and females), environmental, male duets, female duets, male or female singers humming only, songs sung by more than three, verbal challenge and teasing etc.etc. Yes, you all have guessed it right. the bulk of these songs were composed by MSV or with his music partner T.K. Ramamurthy.

I would propose that we continue with the trend already started with the train songs. Perhaps we can choose topics as and when we feel that the current topic song list iunder discussion has been deemed exhaustive.

Incidentally, I remember reading many years ago that MSV also sang, hummed or whilstled under the pen name of M.S. Raju like 'Malarenna ...' (Kaathalika Neramillai), 'Allithandu kaalgal eduthu...' (Vennira Aadai) etc.
Can this be verified from the maestro himself?

Thanks & with warm regards,

R. Mahendra Raj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: