"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dont Worry Be Happy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Dont Worry Be Happy Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
In one of your posts ,you had grieved that There is only One Website of our MM and others have many more. as I like ARR's music too, I visited his web sites . There were about 7 sites. But to my surprise ,most of them have been shelved due to laCK OF participation and contribution from the core team and members. But our Site Is blessed with wonderful and knowledgeble CORE TEAM, which is doing a great job from day1 admist their busy schedules. There is wealth of INFO. and discussions pouring in from members. So Dont Worry Be Happy. This SITE with it's dedicated and staunch participants will have a very long innings like Our MM.
UMUA.MBM.[/b]
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Dont Worry Be Happy Reply with quote

Dear Dr,

Thanks for your kind words. As you said I definitely had a grievance but that might have been for MSV not having even one website. But definitely not any more. With a supportive core crew and a devoted "MSV Club" members, am sure we will continue to serve the Legend MSV through our MSVTimes.com, forever!

May I request you to include "UMUA" in your signature? This statement shows the depth of interest of a true fan! If you find any difficulties in including, please let me know.

And, I have come across lot of Music Lovers who are MSV-ARR fans. Have any of our club members noted this???
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: RASA-ROSA Reply with quote

Dear ram,
Thanks for the reply. Most of MSV fans are also ARR fans because
One ( MSV) never entertained RASA_ROSA LYRICS. And the other
( ARR) put an end to RASA-ROSA LYRICS. Thank GOD!!!
Can you imagine rajavin parvai as rasavin parvai !!
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: RASA-ROSA Reply with quote

Muthukrishnan wrote:
Can you imagine rajavin parvai as rasavin parvai !!
Too humorous!!! Am rolling with laughter. Laughing Laughing Laughing
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only Rasa-Rosa, but in the disguise of native language, too many words of poor taste were used in 80's like..'vayasakku vandhen", "aallaanen", and what not, many other words denoting the same meaning. Like Raasa-Rosa, there were many predictable rhythemic lines like Maaney-theney, Thangam-Singam, and it went to the extent of having meaningless vaarthai jaalam like, "THANEERIL MOOZHGATHU KAATRULLA PANTHU, YENNODU NEE PAADI VAA SINDHU". Ridiculous.

MSV always gave importance to the lyric and he was very particular that the song and the lyric should convey the mood of the character in the situation. He was always patient and he was a source of encouragement for the lyric writers to come out with good lyric.

MSV took out his gold chain and kept it on his harmonium; challenged Vaali to come out with a very different pallavi to make the song immemoroble and he could take home his chain. That was the bet. Vaali took the challenge and the pallavi which was born is "KAATRU VAANGA PONEN, ORU KAVITHAI VAANGI VANTHEN; ATHAI KETTU VAANGI PONAAL, ANTHA KANNI YENNAVAANAL?". How beautifully TMS would have sung that song? What a nice way of team work to come out with a film song. (Vaali didn't take home the gold chain; had refused and said he only wanted MSV's patronage throughout his career.)

It is easy to say that Kannadhasan was the big reason behind the good lyrics of MSV. It is not so. He had done it with Vaali in as many songs, and others like Pattukotai Kalyanasundaram, Pulamaipithan, Muthulingam, Aalangudi Somu and all. I am certainly not taking away any credit from the genius Kaviarasar Kannadhasan. (I am a big fan of Kaviarasar, and there are many forums remembering him every year and every now and then); but at the same time one should give due importance to the Music composer for his genuinity and talent.

P.SANKAR - TIRUNELVELI.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. Sankar wrote:
It is easy to say that Kannadhasan was the big reason behind the good lyrics of MSV. It is not so. He had done it with Vaali in as many songs, and others like Pattukotai Kalyanasundaram, Pulamaipithan, Muthulingam, Aalangudi Somu and all. I am certainly not taking away any credit from the genius Kaviarasar Kannadhasan. (I am a big fan of Kaviarasar, and there are many forums remembering him every year and every now and then); but at the same time one should give due importance to the Music composer for his genuinity and talent.

P.SANKAR - TIRUNELVELI.

one more thing we should mention here......

kannadasan's songs too become more popular and worthful, only when he wrote them with msv sir combination. comparing his songs with msv sir, his songs with other music directors, like kvm, shanker ganesh, ilaiyaraja are not much spoken among the public. kannadasan also wrote songs exactly for the hindi tunes when he worked with vedha for the modern theatres movies.

kannadasan's songs with kvm are popular especially in purana movies created by director a.p.nagarajan.

in social movies, particularly in devar films, kd's songs are too normal, like
'kaveri karai irukku..
karai mele poo irukku..
poo pole pennirukku..
purindhu kondal uravirukku..
(which one you and me can write).

but kd's wonderful songs born mostly with his combination with msv sir only,
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR YOUNGOOS OF THE FORUM,

MSV RASIKAS ARE ARR RASIKAS!
RAJA TO BE THROWN OUT WITH BUCKET OF WATER BECAUSE OF RASA-ROSA.!
TELL ME GUYS,DOES ARR EVER QUALIFY FOR THE PODIUM?(HIS INTERNATIONAL REPUTATION NOTWITHSTANDING)

DIFFICULT THINGS TO DIGEST.

EXPECTING LOT OF HATEMAILS,

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.r.sankaranarayanan wrote:
Need not be all. But I personally have seen some MSV Fans (the count may be negligibly less, but still true) who like ARR's numbers.

Coming to the Lyrics, in songs the damage has been exponential after MSV's era. 90's witnessed a lot of "Tamil Killings" with lot of composers springing up, who have never had an opportunity to listen to a good poem!

80's, as discussed above, started this "dead lyrics" trend. Many songs had the word "Thaan" used in many places of the song, just as a mere filler. "Thendral Thaan ThingaL Thaan" etc. And many in-appropriate words for romance or duets. Like "Viyarvai", "Kaaichhal" etc.

On the contrary, see these words: "பாலென்று சொன்னாலும் பழமென்று சொன்னாலும் ஏனென்று தேன் வாடுமே!"

அஹா...! என்ன கற்பனை!
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.r.sankaranarayanan wrote:
DEAR YOUNGOOS OF THE FORUM,

RAJA TO BE THROWN OUT WITH BUCKET OF WATER BECAUSE OF RASA-ROSA.!
TELL ME GUYS,DOES ARR EVER QUALIFY FOR THE PODIUM?(HIS INTERNATIONAL REPUTATION NOTWITHSTANDING)

DIFFICULT THINGS TO DIGEST.

EXPECTING LOT OF HATEMAILS,

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN

sankaran sir,

why you get angry for this?. who told here to throw your raja to somewhere?

it is everybody's will and wish to be a fan of a personality. why you expect everyone should appreciate raja always?. (same like what some compiers are doing now).

we got poetic songs from raja, such as

"maamaannu koopitta emaannu ketkanum
thazpaalai podanum doy" (mundhanai mudichu)

'orambo... orambo..."

"vaadi en kappa kizhange..."

"enna venum thinnungada doy" (uyarndha ullam)

and self praising songs for himself..

"indha rajavai nambi vandha yaarum
mosame poga porathille"

"raja kaiyai vachaa
adhu raangaa ponathille"

"raja...rahathi rajan indha raja
kooja... thookathe veru engum kooja"

did you ever here this kind of "tharpugazhchi" somgs from msv or kvm or sg or other mds...?.
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR IRENE
& ALL,
The very purpose of posting those words are that our judgements &opinions are more coloured by our biases than any grounds of objectivity.The first &foremost criteria can only and should be musical &creative elements and like( DOESN"T THAT MAKe THE MASTER THE GIANT
AND OTHERS?).whereas the personality factors come into play when ARR is admired not for those reasons but he could openly acknowledge the master
whereas IR has not and for the reasons irene has cited.Brood over it.I know every preference can be attributed this wayand after all it is only human idiosyncracy common to all.But efforts should be there for keeping the biases for wrong reasons minimum and strive for bit more objectivity.Hope the point is well taken and i intend no hurt to anybody.

ok guys,sirs,&madams- let us get cool.
PAYASAME SAPPITTUKONDIRUNDAL EPPADI,KONJUM OORUGAI VENDAMA?
javascript:emoticon('Razz') FEELING SAFE.VAIDY DIDN"T BANG ME AND VAIDY PL.RECOLLECT WHAT THE MASTER USED TO SIGN YOU WHENEVER
IR NAME COMES INTO DISCUSSIONjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy
Razz
S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,

Continueing on biases,i do have my own stock.with loads of them ,i would like to share my experience with the master that evening.before that i have heard that it is difficult to elicit an answer for a question from you as it is masters wont to slip into nostalgia and he will start into narrating the incident during the composition of the particular song.even on the day,such narrations were too many.BUT I WAS DETERMINED TO ELICIT AN ANSWER AND I WAS PLANNING THE COINAGE OF THE QUESTION TO THAT EFFECT.

I asked:ella md"sKKUM oru default scale/raaga irukkum(like kiravaani,mayamalavagowla for IR, ANANDABHAIRAVI FOR ARR,MOHANAM FOR DEVA).UNGALUKKU ADU HARIKAMBOJI ENDRU NINAIKKIREN.

Notwithstanding the nature of the question,i thought i trapped him.he has to answer.

and,he did answer.

appidi illa thambi,appidi oru scale vachhukittinganna naan oru musical pandra madiri ayidum(he was indicating 'kalaikoil" a movie he produced)
enakku song situation mattume odum,appidiye compose panna arambicchuduven.

the answer baffled me.that means he doesnt start with a set of rules or formats.no preconceived ideas.it is all one gushy creative flow. VISWA DARSHAN.

OVER.I WAS STUMPED.
Next i sing him the song "moondrutamizh thondriyadum"from pillayo pillai
and expressing my wonder at how could he bring out such charukesis

for which he slips into his customery reply"naan engappa panninen,ellam avan panninathu'pointing his fingers upwards,but adds" thambi ,ithula neraya sangathi naan pottamathiri illaye".o,my god,it is true,i was adding bit of my sangathis to it,he could discern them after so long years.

i posed my next question for i always felt that vanijayaram numbers with visvanathan were immortal musical pieces.i paraphrased my question the way that will definitely elicit an answer from him.
"unga kitta padinavangalla neenga yaara romba thorougaga rate pannuvinga"

believe me,and don"t misread the master he was mentioning the names, of ps,sj ,tms,and all great names,but

but,he was spontanous to single out two names, rather i would suggest special mention,one dr.balamuralikrishna and other vanijayaram-'ivangaloda sruthisuthamum swarasuthamum aparamaanadu"
i was bit elated to here the answer.(my BIAS).

THESE TWO ANSWERS SATISFIED ME AND REST OF THE EVENING HE WAS INDULGING IN NOSTOLGIC ANECDOTES,AND IT IS THE TIME MR.ROSARIO ALSO JOINED.
ALTOGETHER IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL EVENING-MANASILLAMAL VIDAIPERAVENDI IRUNDADU.

MATCHLESS MASTER,
MELODY MSV,

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Irene,

Your observation that Kannadhasan's lyrics written for other Music Directors were ordinary when compared to what he wrote for MSV, is not without substance. You are right. Reasons could be many for that ..but the fact remains the same.

Kavignar Vairamuthu says, "Kannadhasanin kavithaigalai simmasanathil amara vaithavar MSV". It is definitely true.

P. Sankar.
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Some of) MSV Fan's interest on ARR started well before ARR's open praise on MSV and it is not just after his statement.

And, ARR has definitely played his fine part well on Indian Music. And it is upto one whether or not to accept a particular form/style of Music. He deserves a place in any musical podium. So is Raja. He has done his own style of Music and no one can deny his contributions too.

But when it comes to Lyrical value and Bhaavam for words, MSV clearly sweeps and scores over any composer! This is a fact even other composers will readily accept! A quest for quality lyrics in Tamil Songs is seen among the Club members in the above discussions.

And dear SRS sir, a very nice narration of the evening with MSV!
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: MATCHLESS MSV !!! Reply with quote

Dear Ram n All
We are talking about something that is Eternal and Divine, here. In my opinion , MSV is beyond comparison with any of the composers or Music Creators and he should NEVER be compared with anybody else.He can neither have competitors nor any successors or predecessors.

HE STANDS APART AND UNIQUE !!!!

It is only due to the degeneration of taste and low aesthetics value among people that has brought in numerous MDs into TFM. Not that the MDs have great talent in Music Creation !!!

We all know that some of the MDs take on an average of 5 to 6 months to complete a movie including Rerecordings (???), BGMs, etc. But what is the result and the outcome ? Does it really worth the time that is been spent on each and every song ?

Taking things logically, if a song is made after so much of hard work for such a loong time, then it should be LIVELY and should LIVE forever....But is it happening ? LIVE recordings are only HISTORY these days , while our Master still follows the same what he practised all these years...!!! With all these Technological advancements , it remains a big mystery as what these MDs do for such a loong time ?

Music is something that should come from the bottom of the heart (of MDs) and should reach the bottom of the heart of the Rasikas touching their soul !!!! This should happen spontaneously. If things are done in a Trial and Error basis , then it cannot be called as Music Creation , it can only be Musical Experimentation !!! There is a difference...And the worst nightmare is when such Musical Experiments succeed, the producers start insisting for more such STEREOTYPED UNCANNY EXPERIMENTS blaming it on the rasikas who approve them.

We need to accept that our Master lives in a much HIGHER Plane that is FILLED only with ETERNAL MUSIC and all the other MDs live in a different Plane.

People can be ARR fans, IR fans or they can also be a KHAITAN fan....But MSV is MATCHLESS and MSV FANS ARE ONLY MSV FANS !!!

MSV RULES !!!

VENKY
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

தமிழ்த்திரையிசையின் பல்வேறு காலங்களில் பிரபலமாக இருந்த இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் பெயர்கள் இங்கு குறிப்பிடப்பட்டுள்ளனவே தவிற அவர்களுடன் எம்.எஸ்.வி என்னும் மாமேதை ஒப்பிடப்படவில்லை. அதை MSVTIMES.COM ஒருபோதும் அனுமதிக்காது.

"எம்.எஸ்.வி ரசிகர்கள், எம்.எஸ்.வி ரசிகர்களே!"...மிகச்சரி. எம்.எஸ்.வி இசை எனப்படும் நெடுஞ்சாலையில் பயணம் செய்யும் அதே ரசிகர்கள் வழியில் காணப்படும் சில மலர்களையும் ரசிக்கத் தவறியதில்லை. இந்த கருத்தே இங்கு கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது.

'ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் இசையில் "தேசம்" படத்தில் வரும் ஷெனாய் இசை எம்.எஸ்.வி பாணியில் உள்ளது' என்று ஒரு எம்.எஸ்.வி ரசிகன் ரசிப்பது, தந்தையின் 'சில' குணங்களை மகனிடம் கண்டு ரசிப்பதற்கு ஒப்பாகும்.

கனவிலும் காணமுடியாத சிகரங்களை இசையில் தொட்டபோதிலும், தன் காதில் விழுந்த இசை தனக்குப் பிடித்துவிட்டால், அதன் இசையமைப்பாளருக்குத் தொலைப்பேசி மூலம் பாராட்டு தெரிவிக்கும் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் மனப்பாங்கை மனத்தில் கொள்வோம்.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: