"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AN EVENING WITH P. SUSHEELA...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: AN EVENING WITH P. SUSHEELA... Reply with quote

Dear Forum Members,

It is really heartening to know that P. Susheela has consented to be part of our anniversary celebration to be held on 31st Jan, 2015. What could be more befitting than to dedicate this whole evening to this singing legend herself with songs entirely selected from the repertoire of MSV-PS combination? Won't that be wonderful??? I am sure both MSV & PS will thoroughly enjoy this evening apart from the audience who will be going home with great memories to cherish for the rest of their lives. The concert can be planned on the lines of purely instrumental (as getting someone to sing PS's compositions has always been a challenge) or have some singers to perform. This is just a suggestion and I invite the members to share their thoughts as well so that a final decision can be arrived at.

What say members???

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: ORCHESTRA Reply with quote

Dear VK & Members,

If by chance we decide on an instrumental evening for our 8th anniversary, I have the following players who may be considered subject to our budget & necessary approvals. Please also ensure the orchestra selection part is completely handled by us and NOT BY ANYONE ELSE. There are some people who are always in the lime light and it's time we call the shots as this is our own evening and that we have all the rights to decide on what is right for us in every way. I am conveying this as a small message of caution as the previous experiences have been pretty sour...

1. PIANO & ACCORDION- RAJKUMAR (Can double up for Accordion also)
2. VIOLIN SOLO - KALYAN
3. KEYBOARDS - SATISH
4. DRUMS PADS - KEYBOARD RAJAN'S BROTHER (forgot his name)
5. BANGOS / THUMBHA - SHEKAR
6. SAXOPHONE / FLUTE - SAKTHINATHAN
7. GUITAR - ABU GABRIEL / BALAJI / BALA (LEAD/ BASE / RHYTHM)
8. CELLO / VERTICAL DOUBLE BASE - SELVARAJ
9. RHYTHM - NAGARATHNAM
10. TABLA - GANAPATHY SUBRAMANIAN
11. BRASS - THOMAS / ALEX

The above listed players are quite experienced and know the nuances of MSV's compositions and also have played in our earlier programmes. The main issue will be to get a good conductor (Thiagarajan will perfectly fit in as both the conductor and notes provider, but unfortunately he had some differences with MSV some time back and am not sure if he would come, but I can talk to him always) who could also create all the notes for the songs selected. Satish who used to play along with Rajan may be having all the notes (probably left behind by Rajan) I guess. Over to you members.....

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy
Kudos.. You have represented fellow MSVians who are all on the same wavelength that includes me.
If at all we can be able to choose an orchestra of our choice, it will be a great boon and boost our morale to bring out the available best in reproducing the Master's Gems at least to some extent, if not cent per cent.
I too endorse your views and would like to have such a knowledgeable instrumentalists who knew the intricacies of the compositions of the great Master.

I hope this will not be an impossible task and we can invite the instrumentalists individually and engage the conductor as you suggested. If it's done we can supervise the rehearsals.

And an evening of the combo of the Master and the nightingale of South India..sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU RAGASUDHA Reply with quote

Dear Ragasudha,

Yes. The whole idea behind this evening is to compliment both MSV & PS with the best of their times spent together in a concert with a crowd that worships MSV's music literally. All these while though they might have attended innumerable shows, the warmth that we give as champions of our Master's music, is something that is very unique & very affectionate. I am also sure that all other musical shows are only done with a commercial outlook. Ours is more driven by souls searching for great music and to us commercials always take a back seat. Yes, I do agree that we need money to run this affair but we never eye for money alone but great musical moments too and this is where we differ from others and thus we are elite in every musical sense.

I would even suggest that this entire show be conducted as "unplugged" and no strings attached (except for the musical gadgets ofcourse!!!) casual evening. Remember the Vaarthaigal Sollum Vaathiangal concert??? All those present that day in the Museum Theatre went home with an indelible memory fully charged with emotions as never in the annals of film music MSV was adorned with a Grand Piano. Truly, MSVTIMES.COM pioneered this marvel which inspired many in the industry to follow. The recognition of instrument players also was pioneered by us and to this day everyone appreciates our motto. And this is precisely what we must aim at - en evening with MSV & PS, what more do you need in this world???

Again, this is only my thought and fellow MSVians might agree or disagree and this is always open to further discussions.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy / Raga sudha

there is no two opinion that the evening with the greatest composer and great singer should be a life time program ,in line with VARTHAIGAL SOLLUM VATHIYANGAL

a repeat of VSV -we have been trying but the funds are eluding us even last anniversary we wanted this way but settled for conventional

but donot know whether we should have instrumental ,in front of MSV and PS who literally are our first tamil teachers . they really beautified the language I personally feel we should highlight their efforts of ornamenting the language
while saying so i concur with vaidy there is no one who could do full justice to the great singer .
iwill go with the majority if the budget is with in our means .
but surely we will have this year another VSV may be in mar- apl together with a felicitation to the master, and we should work towards that parallel to anniversary .
awaiting feed back from the rest
bregds

Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy sir,
Your suggestions are wonderful! Many of us, like me, do not even know who have worked closely with our master or his songs. But, following the percussion trends that prevail today, there are probably players of tabla who try and reproduce the original beats and the mood of the master's music than the one suggested. This person appears to be playing his own beats than the originals many times, eventhough he is a master in tabla/ dholak/mridangam. Such persons must be requested to stick to the original versions so that one can focus on the song being played or sung and not get carried away by some such deviations. But the ideas that have emerged look wonderful.
Thanks,
Sai
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: INNOVATIONS WELCOME Reply with quote

Dear Sai,

Your observations are perfect. On many occasions some of the seasoned players (who have workd with MSV) under the guise of innovating their own style of playing completely deviate from the originals and also spoil the tempo of the concert. My idea of an instrumental concert must ensure highest forms of playing and at the same ensuring near perfect re-production. Hope some thought is shared on this...

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: