"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INTERACTION WITH STALWARDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: INTERACTION WITH STALWARDS Reply with quote

Dear All

i thank all those who appreciated the selection of Mr Sampath for our anniversary .The pouring appreciations make me think that we should go in for more such interaction . but we cannot afford musical bonaza like we had in the anniversary due to paucity of Funds .

So my suggestion is to have a gatherings probably with or with out just audio .once in three months or earlier depending on the success.

my suggested list are

MELLISAIMANNAR
HMV Raghu - wants to describe how the MSV's instrumental album was made
mukta srinivasan
cho
\chitralaya gopu
CVR
Visu
PS
Jayachandran
vani
LRE
SPB
Sasirekha
shyam again
Pulamai pithan
muthulingam
panchu arunachalam

we can have these interaction ,with or without music .
the guest will speak for one hr , and after that Q &A session .

we will try to rope in Mellisai mannar for these ,gatherings , to share a few of the incidents ,but ofcourse depending on the availability .

But to make this success we need minimum of 200-250 registered , who are willing to pay a small donation to the trust may be 100 or150 of course more is always welcome )

the modus operandus is

we will announce the programme in advance in forum as well as by email address given by the interested people . depending on the success we can have monthly . if monthly every sunday evg 4 to 6 , and probably we can serve snacks and tea. depending on money that will be fixed .

and any balance will be with the trust .

pls advs your thoughts and we can start may be starting from tamil nY day .

await yr views for/against /suggestions etc

wregds

[size=18]
[/size]
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: how to register Reply with quote

Dear Mr VK
The list of personnel to interact or speak may include
AC Tirulokchander. KS Gopalakrishnan SP Muthuraman, [Shankar] Ganesh Meesai Murugesan -each will have instances for recalling.
Regards K.Raman Madurai
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes prof the list will expand and i would like to cover them all
wr
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof Sir,

KSG is no more.

Chitralaya Gopu can give more inputs...Kasedhan kadavulada was his movie

CVR can throw more light

ACT is one good contact - Movies like Iru malargal , Bharatha Vilas , Engirundho vandhaal ....many more

CVR- Utharavindri ulle vaa- a laugh riot but MSV gave us Kadhal kadhal endru pesa

KB - Treasure hunt ....All are situational songs ....How KB interacted with MSV to get those gems ??
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,
This is a good suggestion but I feel let us not worry about how many would participate. Many may come only for the songs and not for any discussion. So even if we have say 50 people let us still consider and more importantly film it for posterity.

N Y Murali
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.Sundarrajan is one person we can look forward to. He was instrumental in bringing together MSV-IR and the songs were outstanding. RS may throw some light on how songs were composed ...who did what role etc...
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am giving below the reactions sent through mail.

MR CS BASKAR

Thanks VK. i get a feeling that there are certain locations in chennai where they charge little rent for the halls and i will try to locate them.

Balamurali,SSR, KSG ,A C Trilokchander can be included in the list as they all ahve worked with them

if necessary we can even go together on a holiday to comb certain places , meet people et al
so that i will have a satisfaction that i did a bit
And why not a Badge like a ID card for all the members with the photo of Master ?

Baskar

MR JAYARAMAN TNAGAR
GOOD IDEA SIR. IT IS OKAY WITH ME. PLEASE GO AHEAD.

V S JAYARAMAN,

mr vasudevan

Yes I welcome the move. Such gathering can be once in 3 months and depending upon the response
we can decide the periodicity of the gathering as we go along.

I also suggest that suggestions can be asked from interested members how such gatherings
should be held say who will speak, time limit, guest speakers etc. In case Mr MSV himself
turns up then only Q&A session is sufficient with some one to moderate.

r vasudevan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

good news

the interaction starts with director Sri CV.Rajendran .

CVR need not be introduced to MSVians - he should be placed with M/S bheemsingh , GN Velumani,Banthulu, MGR ,KB,CVS m to drawing out melodies from the melodies factory , and now we have a chance to hear out how he drew such great numbers .

THE VENUE DATE AND TIME TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON ON THIS PAGE .

after the Organising committee meet

mean while thought members can pond over the questions to get the answers.. suggest youcan write the questions so we can listit out to him
i remember NYM and vatsan already have a few

i seek mr Ragasuda help to list out the movies ,if possible songs to refresh everyone's memory

ANY GOOD THING HAS A START AND NOW WE HAVE PUT THE FIRST STEP .
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good news VK. From my memory, I can list out the following movies directed by CVR which have MSV’s music:

Anubavam Pudhumai
Galatta Kalyanam
Nil Gavani Kadhali
Veettukku Veedu
Sumathi En Sundari
Raja
Needhi
Ponnoonjal
Manidharil Manikkam
En Magan
Unakkaaga Naan
Sivakamiyin Selvan
Sangili

Majority of the songs of the above movies are super hits and I am sure are well known to our friends.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks venu probably adding the songs would be great also
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fantastic news, Vijay !!
Thanks a lot to you for your dedicated efforts !
We will prove again to the world that such programmes of MSVTIMES.COM are always trend setters as MSV himself is for Music !!
Let us sit together and plan to make the event unique of its kind and a great success.
No of participants is immaterial. As NYM has said, even 50 is ok.
Thanks
Ramki
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vk1959 wrote:

CVR need not be introduced to MSVians - he should be placed with M/S bheemsingh , GN Velumani,Banthulu, MGR ,KB,CVS m to drawing out melodies from the melodies factory , and now we have a chance to hear out how he drew such great numbers .

i seek mr Ragasuda help to list out the movies ,if possible songs to refresh everyone's memory

Dear VK
I am really glad to participate and contribute in this venture.

But with a wounded heart...

1. MSV is a unbiased composer and has not shown any special concern for any director. So "drawing out melodies" indirectly demeans MSV, in my humble and personal opinion.

2. ...he should be placed with M/S bheemsingh , GN Velumani,Banthulu, MGR ,KB,CVS m to drawing out melodies from the melodies factory , and now we have a chance to hear out how he drew such great numbers ....
I am totally in disagreement in this line which should have been avoided or shows your personal interest ... I strongly want to personally place my concern on this point.

3. However my contribution in glorification of MSV will always be there.

Raghavendran

Please also add Nawab Narkali in the list of films of CVR-MSV combo.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear ragasudha

First of all if my postings have woundedyou / any other my apologies as that 's not my intention

coming to the points raised :

a) donot think my statement is to demean the GREAT. yes you are right in saying he is un biased and does not hold goodtunes to big banners . had you seen some of my comments in the circuit you may see my stromg agreement to this the latest is maazhikaalamum from savithri . but at the same time i strongly believe Msv's great tunes have been to the directors who could have narrated the story / situations to HIM, properly . thats preciously the percentage of songs from such producers/ directors have come out well .
i know you are better than me in statistics, and you can get the statistics .i am willing to change my view its different .
but this surprises me, what gave you the impressions that i am demeaning the composer i ADORE and LOVE .

ragasuda , you can always correct me if iam wrong you have every right .so you donot have to feel hurt . small disagreements need not be the reason to participate / not toparticipate .
vk will be there will not be there his views may be agreeble or non agreeble , but all of us are for ONE AND ONLY MSV , whois above all these petty issues

relax if you are not convinced on my response and still feeling hurt , you can delete this /modify this -because 1) i donot want to hurt 2) do not want to deviate from the m
ain .

ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK
I know you are no less equal to others when it comes to adoration of MSV. But I hate the general perception that some have got more advantage in getting composing for their films from MSV. We have to break this.

As I said earlier I have some reservations on the placing of some in the list of directors you mentioned (though it is exhaustive you may claim).

However opinions differ I have my own views on this point.

This would in noway come in between our path to glorify the greatest composer of all times
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: