"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Manidhan enbavan DheivamAgalAm'-V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: 'Manidhan enbavan DheivamAgalAm'-V Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
There are a number of facets providing life and justice to all the phrases of this lyric. The living example is MSV himself.

vari vari .... vaLLal AagalAm How many songs he has gifted off for the asking. Never has he tagged any of his works with the intricacies of work or time spent nor for cost input by way of orchestration.
He has treated prince and pauper alike giving the very best on every occasion. By the last observation of mine I feel that he has stood the classic example of 'vAzhai pOla thannai thandhu'.

'urugi Odum mezhugai pOla oLiyai'
Yes, like a candle he has burnt himself working well over 18 hours a day irrespective of whom he was working for. [ we hear of later MDs pricing the work on several criteria ; of course seldom they seem to do it on the quality issues].

'manam irundhAl paravaikkoottil' Yes, he has done it too. He has coordinated /co-operated with every one in the industry. The likes of the same gesture is not visible elsewhere.

'vazhi irundhAl kadugukkuLLe malaiyai'
Yes , how often he has expressed happiness over songs of later periods and has heaped 'mountain like' praise over all the MDs unsolicited - true reflection of broad mind and self assurance. Only those devoid of self assurance fear of projecting any other/ other's work.

Also, he has consistently shown the same level of respect to his colleagues past / present - a feature typical of broad minds and exemplary character; he cherishes saying 'all these people sang the songs so well and helped me achieve name and fame'.
So, by every reckoning MSV stands the human example of Divinely attainments and is indeed the 'Dheivam aana manidhan'.

Kavi arasu was prophetic [about MSV] as much as he has been authentic of his description in /manidhan enbavan dheivamAgalAm'.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: 'Manidhan enbavan DheivamAgalAm'-V-one more Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Despite my attempts to look for the 'Divinity' of MSV-the person, I feel there is more to the topic than I ever thought. In vivid support of the idea one more lyric frame deserves attention.

'thuNindhu vittAl thalaiyil endha sumaiyum thAngalAm'

Yes, MSV has lent himself to be utilized rather than utilizing his mega status in the industry. Occasions have come about when MSV has worked for firms without 'fixing' terms for working. Certainly it should have been a burden on himself to have convinced his team of musicians to work for minimum rewards. Also, how for an 'unknown' story [before the movie was shot], MSV churned out 10 different tunes -all of richness and grandeur for ['ulagam sutrum vAliban'] which he did not collect his cheque until the producer himself cajoled him take his money. This was because the producer [MGR] did not heartily accept that the tunes were good until all of them turned out to be super hits powerful enough to lift the movie to dimensions which effectively countered all political efforts then to thwart the movie from being screened. To-day if we recall the songs of 'usv' we witness awe and sigh as to how this man set tunes for the mere suggestions of Japan, Tokyo, Expo-70, Thailand as the probable locales where the movie would be shot.

Goddess Saraswathy right away percolates into his head even if he has not had the opportunity of visiting all these places in an attempt to conceive ideas befitting those locales.

MDs of later arrival insist on huge outlay, composing in a distant land, recording in a squeezing cost only to come out with song[s] that perish[es] well before the movie-maker settles all issues related to the movie.

MSV has thus shown that 'manidhan enbavan DeivamAgalAm'

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear professor,

Vari vari...... vallal. Shri MSV the CONSUMMATE Professional gave innumerable melodies to rasigas. It was a sheer habit for him to roll out melodies with alarming consistency.

Very Very Bizarre that this great vallal did not get his due recogniton.

V Sivasankaran
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: KARNAN OF ALL SORTS Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman & Ram,

I always thought MSV was nothing short of a living Karnan or should I say a re-incarnation of Karnan himself for "koduthu koduthu sivandhana intha karnan maamannan karangaley", koduthu koduthu valaindhana intha MSV'n viralgaley"!!! I have also equalled him to "Vaamana" of creativity!!! Yes....HE is Divinity & Melody personified. HE never made music for money alone but primarily for the happiness that all of us have been deriving out of just listening to HIS creations for decades together.

MSV'S MUSIC - MUSIC THERAPY.... ABSOLUTELY FREE FOR ALL THOSE LONGING FOR TREATMENT!!!!

CHEERS
MSV
IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: