"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOURAVAM-PART-4- LYRICS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: GOURAVAM-PART-4- LYRICS Reply with quote

The movie has 5 songs :
Yamuna nadhi ingey – A beautiful song - Duet for the young lovers Kannan and his advocate friend

Adhisaya ulagam - Mohandas throwing a party on his release and a party song /dance

Mezugu varthi erigindradhu – Kannan singing a song on the occasion of his lover’s birthday

Though the first 2 are hit songs , I wish to talk about 2 more songs which speak for Kavignar’s class :

PALOOTTI VALARTHA KILI

Situation is ideal for Kavignar to capture the essence of the movie , its critical stage now and the reaction from an angry / emotional Barrister Rajinikanth..

What begins as a casual conversation gets into an ignited argument as Kannan questions RK’s actions , especially his decision to pursue the Mohandas murder case again....An inebriated RK asks him to get out for which a stunned Kannan walks out of the house searching for a direction..
RK, coming out of the messy situation, casually enquires where is Kannan for which he is being told that he had walked out ....An agitated RK asks his wife .....whether he has become a big guy now ?? when he can question me, why cant I also question him ? ...and he comes to a conclusion that Kannan , being a fully grown up and had learnt everything from him , is now deserting him ....A tearful and angry RK bursts out with this emotional song ....

Actually, the reaction is more out of shock and surprise by Kannan’s response ....For RK, Kannan is everything ( similarly for Kannan also ) ... Son,disciple, student, Assistant, support , friend ...he shares everything with him and they are so close that RK is unable to digest the sudden exit of Kannan....
He feels that Kannan had betrayed him for all the things he had taught in life.....

I remember the exchanges between RK and Pandaribhai before the song starts.....AIR used to air every time its played .... Here goes the lyrics :

பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி பழம் கொடுத்து பார்த்த கிளி
பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி பழம் கொடுத்து பார்த்த கிளி
நான் வளர்த்த பச்சைக் கிளி நாளை வரும் கச்சேரிக்கு
செல்லம்மா எந்தன் செல்லம்மா செல்லம்மா எந்தன் செல்லம்மா

சட்டமும் நானுறைத்தேன் தைரியமும் நான் கொடுத்தேன்
பட்டம் மட்டும் வாங்கி வந்து பாய்ந்து செல்ல பாக்குதடி
செல்லம்மா எந்தன் செல்லம்மா

நீதிக்கே துணிந்து நின்றேன் நினைத்ததெல்லாம் ஜெயித்து வந்தேன்
வேதனைக்கு ஒரு மகனை வீட்டினிலே வளர்த்து வந்தேன்
செல்லம்மா என்தன் செல்லம்மா செல்லம்மா எந்தன் செல்லம்மா

ஆண்டவன் சோதனையோ யார் கொடுத்த போதனையோ
தீயினிலே இறங்கி விட்டான் திரும்ப வந்து தாழ்பணிவான்
சத்தியம் இது சத்தியம் செல்லம்மா எந்தன் செல்லம்மா
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

நன்றி பாலாஜி , பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி பற்றிய சில நினைவுகள் பகிர இடம் கொடுத்தமைக்கு

திரு புலமை பித்தனுடன் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்த பொழுது சில தகவல்களை தெரிவித்தார் ஏற்கனவே சொல்லியுள்ளேன் என நினைக்கிறேன் .இருப்பினும் அதை கூற இது சரியான இடம் என்பதால் மீண்டும் பதிவு செய்ய விழைகிறேன்
நிகழ்வு 1 கௌரவம் படத்திற்க்கு இசை அமைக்க முதலில் திரை இசைத் திலகம் திரு KVM அவர்களை (வியட்நாம் வீடு வெற்றிக்கு பிறகு)கூப்பிட்டார்களாம். வந்து கதை கேட்டவர், இந்த படம் விசு வை வைத்து பண்ணி கொள்ளுங்கள் என்று சொல்லிவிட்டு போய்விட்டாராம்.
சிவாஜி நிறுவனம் விசு வை அணுக ,அவர் மாமா வந்து கதை கேட்டு சென்ற பிறகு நான் இந்த படம் செய்ய மாட்டேன் என்றுவிட்டாராம் . இல்லை மாமா தான்உங்களை போட்டுக்க சொன்னார் என்றாலும் ஒப்புக்கவில்லையாம்.
பிறகு மாமாவே எம் எஸ் வி யை கூப்பிட்டு இந்த படம் செய்ய சொன்னாராம் . அதற்க்கான காரணத்தையும் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார் ,இந்த கதை பல உணர்ச்சிகரமான கட்டங்கள் உள்ளடக்கி இருக்கிறது .இதை நீ செய்தால் நல்லா வரும் எனவே தான் நான் சொன்னேன் என்றாராம்
பிறகு மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இந்த படத்தை ஒப்புகொண்டு KVM அவர்களின் தீர்க்‌க தரிசனத்தை உண்மையாக்கிய பாடல்கள்/பாடங்கள் தன் உயிருடன் சேர்ந்து கொடுத்த சாகாவரப்பாடல்கள்:
மெழுகு வர்த்தி எரிகின்றது பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி நீயும் நானுமா

நிகழ்வு 2 - மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பின்னணி இசை சேர்த்துகொண்டிருக்கிறார் ,பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி பாடல் காட்சி வருகின்றது ,பார்க்கிறார் , அதிர்ச்சி அடைகிறார் , நிரவாகியை கூப்பிடுகிறார் கோபப்‌படுகிறார் காரணம் , இந்த பாடல் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் தன் குரலில் பாடி முதலில் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டது .. தயாரிப்பு நிர்வாகம் இந்த பாடல் பின்னணியில் வரும் வாயசைப்பு ஏதும் இல்லை என்று கூறி பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டது . ஆனால் படத்தில் நடிகர் திலகம் வாய் அசைத்து இருந்தார் . எம் எஸ் வி யின் கோபம் அதிர்ச்சிக்கு அதுவே காரணம்.
அவர்கள் சிவாஜி பாடலைக்ேட்டு விட்டு மிக நல்லா வந்திருக்கு நான் வாய் அசைத்து நடிக்கிறேன் என்று நடித்தும் விட்டார்
எம் எஸ் வி வாயசைப்பு என்றால் tms பாடி பதிவு செய்ய வேண்டும் என்றாராம் , நிரவாகம் தயங்க ,பின்னணி கோர்ப்பு வேலையை நிறுத்தி கிளம்பிவிட்டார்களாம் . நிர்வாகம் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பாடிய அளவு வேறு ஒருவர் பாட முடியாது என்று சொல்லியும் ஒப்புக்கொள்ள வில்லயாம் . கடைசியில் மெல்லிசைமன்னர் வெற்றிபெற்றார்
(புலமை பித்தன் வார்த்தையில் ஒரு நல்ல பாடலை தமிழ் இழந்தது அவ்வளவு சிறப்பாக இருந்ததாம் முதலில் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட பாடல் )
முதன் முறையாக வாயசைப்புக்கு ஏற்றாற்போல் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட பாடல் இதுவாகத்தான் இருக்க முடியும்

ராகசுதா சிவாஜி குடும்பத்திடம் இருந்து மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பாடிய பாடல் வாங்க முடியுமா

வாய்ப்புக்கு நன்றி
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,

Pulamaippiththan's version of event 2 differs from MSV's version shared by him in Endrum MSV.

This song was originally sung by Balamurali Krishna. After the song was recorded, Sivaji heard it. But he wanted the song to be sung by TMS since he felt that BMK's voice might not fit him. So, it was recorded again using TMS. MSV found it embarrassing to inform this development to BMK. When the film was released, BMK went to the theter along with some friends telling them that he had sung a song for this film. He was shocked and learnt the truth only subsequently.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Parthavi,
I think the issue you are talking about is of the song 'oru naalile' from 'Sivantha Mann'. Regarding the song 'Palooti valartha kili' from 'Gowravam' it was MSV who sang in the original due to non availability of TMS who had been to South Africa. The song was recorder with MSV singing, with an assurance to him that the voice would be replaced by TMS once he arrives. But once it was recorded Vietnam Veedu Sundaram, Sivaji etc had a reservation based on the singing ability of MSV. And without informing MSV Sivaji finished the shooting. When MSV saw his voice during the re recording, it struck him that TMS voice was not done. So he asked VVS, who said that MSV's voice could be there. But MSV took objection to that and insisted that TMS should sing the same. On refusal to his request MSV walked out of the re recording and walked all the way up to the Kodambakkam railway gate (since the bridge was not there then), as his car was not there. Then on assurance that TMS voice would be accommodated he came back and did the re recording.

And since the shooting was already done, now TMS had to sing seeing the film and based on the lip movement of Sivaji he sung that song.
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murali,

I don't know about oru naaLile.

I vividly remember MSV saying this about Palootti valarththa kili in Endrum MSV. Sometimes, he mixes up some incidents. It happens to all of us since our memory can play tricks with us.

My access to info on MSV is only what he had said in Endrum MSV, his intorductory talks on some songs in Hummaa.com, the program on MSV telecast in Doordharshan for 13 weeks in the early 90's and what I have heard from forum friends like you.

Even in the Doordharshan program, he made a couple of mistakes. Talking about Mohd. Bin Thuglak, he said since it was released during the Emergency, there was some problem. But the film was released in 1970 or 71, while the emergency was in force 1975-76.

About 'ninaikkath therindha maname,' he said Kavignar wrote this song to console him after he parted ways with TKR. But this song was composed by MSV-TKR. (However, I took this statement as a confirmation that it was MSV who was composing the songs all along, since he would not have remembered this song as composed by him alone, if this were not the case.)
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram,

But this story about 'paalootti valartha kili' is discussed in TMS fans circle also. So there is some truth.

And there is another information. MSV told me when I met him at 'Endrum MSV' shooting interval. I referred the song 'ulagin mudhal isai thamizh isaiye' song. He told that he called BMK first for the recording, but since re refused he did it with PBS.
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the BMK incident was about oru naaliley. I might have got confused. Fortunately, I have mentioned that memory problem can occur to all of us. So I have no problem in admitting that my memory could have played tricks with me too!

Now I remember MSV saying that Palootti valarththa kili was sung by him originally.

I am sorry for my wrong assertion.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all
BMK was for oru naalile only .

further news from our friend ragasudhs

MSV ensured that song sung by him was destroyed . in fact shanmugam , being MSV's great fan , had one copy and kept under the custody of JJ manikam , but even that was destroyed .
so pathetic that we are not able toi listen to the song which pulamaipitahn claims the best emotive one
Vatsan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: BMK Reply with quote

Take MSV's "BMK Business" with a bag of salt. The BMK fib is one of his lately acquired toys he plays with. He also told SPB that he had originally wanted BMK to sing "pottu vaithha mugamO" too.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: WOULD LOVE TO WRITE ABOUT THE ORCHESTRATION Reply with quote

Dear All,

I wish to recall what I had written earlier once...But for MSV's music, most of the so called super hits of Tamizh movies would have just remained as a "documentary" in Eastman colour or B & W. The success of these movies were mainly due to the musical part and this is how we remember yesteryear movies.

MSV's contribution in Gowravam was so huge that I wish to write about the orchestration of all the songs. Releasing soon.......

MY MUSICAL WONDER MSV!!!

CHEERS
MSV I
S MUSIC!!!

V
AIDYMSV

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Wish to write about one of the best songs of the century :

After Kannan decides to appear as a Public Prosecutor for the 2nd Mohandas case, he comes home for once to seek the blessings of his Guru and mentor but he gets a very rude response from the Barrister....now RK being isolated ponders about the prospective face to face with his son at the Court ...suddenly he realises that there is an imminent threat and his own disciple may pose a serious challenge ...so he bursts out in anger .......Kanaaa..
Salutations once again to the great Kavignar who yet again comes up with powerful lyrics comparing the incidents in Mahabaratha wherein Guru Drona had to face his most favourite pupil Arjuna and also the case of Vamana avatar when the small boy while seeking 3 steps measured area covers the entire universe ......RK visualises himself on a similar situation now and even momentarily dreams that his Royal Knightwood sort of domination over the legal world now is being seriously threatened by another young bull .......
However, the song ends on a positive note with RK trying to comfort himself saying that AAGATTUM PAARKALAAM....AATATHIN MUDIVILE.....60BATHAI 20 VELLUMAA ULAGILE ??!!

கண்ணா……

நீயும் நானுமா கண்ணா நீயும் நானுமா
காலம் மாறினால் கௌரவம் மாறுமா
காலம் மாரினால் கௌரவம் மாறுமா… NEVER

அறிவைக்கொடுத்ததோ துரோணரின் கௌரவம்
அறிவைக்கொடுத்ததோ துரோணரின் கௌரவம்
அவர் மேல் தொடுத்ததே அர்ஜுனன் கௌரவம்
நடந்தது அந்த நாள் முடிந்ததா பாரதம்
நாளைய பாரதம் யாரதன் காரணம்

மூன்றடி மண் கேட்டான் வாமனன் உலகிலே
மூன்றடி மண் கேட்டான் வாமனன் உலகிலே
மூன்றென வைத்ததோ மன்னவன் தலையிலே
வளர்த்த என் கண்ணனோ தந்தையின் நெஞ்சிலே
வளர்த்த என் கண்ணனோ தந்தையின் நெஞ்சிலே
மாறும் அவதாரமே இதுதான் உலகிலே

ஹ ஹா… நீயும் நானுமா கண்ணா நீயும் நானுமா

மன்னனின் கௌரவம் சதுரங்கம் நடுவிலே
மரிக்கின்ற சேனையோ பிள்ளையின் வடிவிலே
ஆகட்டும் பார்க்கலாம் ஆட்டத்தின் முடிவிலே
அருபதை இருபது வெல்லுமா உலகிலே
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Balaji,
One of he greatest song. The Brass section in this song is amazing. Just before the final charanam 'mannanin Gowravam' the Brass section with the string and flute is just out of the world.

Thanks for refreshing the memory.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYM Ji,

May you pls write about the music and the BGM part of Gouravam. Special request pls
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.Balaji wrote:
NYM Ji,

May you pls write about the music and the BGM part of Gouravam. Special request pls

Dear Balaji

நீயும் நானுமா கண்ணா பாடல் ஒரு உணர்ச்சி பிழம்பு.

பாடல் வரிகள் எழுதப்பட்ட பிறகு இசை அமைக்கப்பட்டது தெளிவாக தெரிகிறது. பாடலின் சந்த நடை கவனித்தால் புரியும். ஆனால் மூன்று சரணங்களுக்கும் வேறு வேறு விதமாக இசை அமைக்கப்பட்டது வார்த்தைகளின் உணர்வு வெளிபடவேண்டும் என்ற நோக்கத்தில் தான்.

உதாரணமாக 2வது சரணத்தின் வரிகள் 'வளர்த்த என் கண்ணனோ தந்தையின் நெஞ்சிலே' என்ற வரிகளை 1 வது சரணத்தில் வரும் 'நடந்தது அந்த நாள் முடிந்ததா பாரதம்' என்ற வரிகள் வரும் இசை முறையில் பாடி பாருங்கள். இரண்டும் ஒரே மெட்டின் அடிப்படயில் இருந்தாலும் 2 வது சரணத்திற்கு வரும் இசை முறை அந்த வார்த்தைகளின் உணர்வினை முழுமையாக வெளிபடுத்தும் விதமாக இருப்பதை உணரமுடியும். அது போலவே 3வது சரணத்தின் வரிகளையும் மற்ற சரணத்தின் வரிகளின் இசை முறையுடன் மாற்றி மாற்றி பாடி பார்த்தேன். சரியாக வரவில்லை.

அவர் இசை அமைத்த முறையே அந்த வார்த்தைகளுக்கு பொருந்தி வருகிறது.

இம்மாதிரி இசை கூட்ட இலக்கணம் எழுத முடியாது. ஆயினும் இப்பாடலில் வரும் பொதுவான மெட்டு எது என்பதை நாம் விவாதிக்க முடியும். அது அந்த பாடலின் structure பற்றியது.

ஒரு பாடலில் structure என்பது ஒரு மலரின் இதழ்கள் எவ்வாறு அடுக்ககடுக்க அமைந்துள்ளது என்பது பற்றியது. அதனை அறிய முடியும். அது பற்றி விவாதிக்க முடியும். ஆனால் அந்த பாடலின் இசை மூலம் வரும் உணர்வு என்பது மலரின் வாசனைக்கு ஒப்பானது. மலரின் வாசனை எப்படி வந்தது என்று அறிய முடியாதோ அது போலவே உணர்வுக்கு ஏற்ற இசை அப்படி வந்தது என்றும் அறிய முடியாது.

ஆயினும் இந்த இசை வடிவை பற்றி சொல்ல வேண்டும் என்றால் பொதுவாக ஹாரிகாம்போஜி ராகத்தின் ஸ்வரங்கள் வருகின்றன. ஆயினும் இது இந்த ராகம் தான் என்று சொல்லுவது அவரின் இசை கூட்டலுக்கு ஒரு இழுக்கு.

ஹரிகாம்போஜி ராகத்தின் ஸ்வர அமைப்பு
ச ரி2 க2 ம1 ப த2 நி1 என்று நீங்கள் அறிவீர்கள்.

அதனை ச-க2-ப, ரி2-ம1-நி1, ம1-த2-ச என்றும் பகுதி பகுதியாக பார்க்க முடியும். அவ்வாறு தான் இந்த பாடலிலும் அமைந்துள்ளது. பாடல் தொடங்கும் 'நீயும் நானுமா' என்பது ச-க2-ப என்று தான் வருகிறது. நான் என்ன செய்யட்டும்?

ஆயினும் உணர்வு என்ற அடிப்படையில் பார்த்தால் முதல் சரணத்தின் வரிகள் அவர்கள் தொழில் திறமை பற்றியும், இரண்டாவது சரணம் அவர்கள் உறவு முறை பற்றியும் மூன்றாவது சரணம் அவர்களுக்குள் தொழில் ரீதியாக ஏற்பட்ட கௌவர பிரச்சனை பற்றியும் இருப்பதால் அதன் அடிப்படையில் அதற்க்கு முன் வரும் இடை இசை அமைந்ததை அறிய முடியும். குறிப்பாக 2 வது சரணத்திற்கு முன் வரும் புல்லாங்குழல் மற்றும் violin இசை sentimental ஆக இருப்பதை குறிப்பிடலாம்.

ஆயினும் 3 வது சரணத்திற்கு முன் வரும் இடை இசை MSVஇன் கற்பனையின் உச்ச கட்டம். அறைக்குள் நுழையும் பொழுது தொடங்கும் இசையில் drums மற்றும் brass section அதன் பின் வரும் புல்லாங்குழல் இசை அவரின் மன குழப்பத்தை வெளிப்படுத்தும் விதம், அதன் பின் 3 ஸ்தாயியிலும்(low/middle/high pitch) வரும் violin மற்றும் guitar (இது மேலே சொன்ன ராகத்திற்கு அந்நிய ஸ்வரங்கள்), அதன் பின் வரும் violin மற்றும் அதன் பின்னணியில் வரும் brass section இன் chord note punches அதி அற்புதம்,

நேற்று என் மனைவிக்கு மேலே சொன்ன இடை இசையினை வாசித்து காண்பித்தேன். violin மற்றும் brass section punches வரும் பொழுது இது ஒரு battle field இன் அணி வகுப்பு போல இருக்கிறதே என்று சொன்னாள். அவள் இது வரை இந்த படம் பார்த்ததில்லை. இதுவே MSV இன் இசைக்கு கிடைத்த ஒரு பெரிய வெற்றி என கூறலாம்.

மேலும் ஒரு முக்கியமான விபரத்தையும் கூற வேண்டும். பாடல் உச்ச ஸ்தாயிலேயே(higher octave) அமைந்திருக்கிறது. மத்ய ஸ்தாயி(middle octave) பஞ்சமதிர்க்கு கீழே பாடல் வரிகள் போகவில்ல. உச்ச ஸ்தாயியில் தைவதம் வரை போகிறது. பொதுவாக உச்ச ஸ்தாயியில் பஞ்சமம் போவதற்கே மிகுந்த கஷ்டப்படுவார்கள். பாடலின் கருத்து ஒரு ego பிரச்சனை என்பதால் உச்ச ஸ்தாயியில் அமைத்திருக்க வேண்டும்.

ஆக இது ஒரு highly emotive song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: