"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Articles and writings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Articles and writings Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The endless theme "MSV -the inimitable composer" opens from a new door way from the time-tested writer Ram of our forum. Fully conscious of my not being the best equipped to touch upon MSV's all round abilities, I do succumb to the temptation of being on the forum. So, at the outset, I lay things straight that it is an attempt and attempts are efforts and so need merciful view even on the face of poverty in thought or expression.

What makes MSV - a phenomenon?

The moviedom has gone through a meandering path of glory to ignominy, riches to rags, creativity to mediocrity, modesty to self aggrandisement, human skill to decadence in the name of technology. Be that as it may- one person who has 'lived' in this bizarre environment has been Shri. MSV irrespective of internal tribulations and tributes. He has managed to stay respectable in the company of all tall movie houses, Producers, indomitable stars ,Directors of grand standing, high quality lyricists, Singers of prowess, proficient demanding Directors and above all stay put to quality though equipment and technology of the later era were not then available to his advantage.

Still, no song of his has ever failed to live up to its intended scale of emotion -be it in singing or in its orchestration. Repeated listening of the innumerable pieces of MSV's creation emphatically reiterates the concept that A MOVIE SONG HAS TO CATER TO THE LOGIC OF ITS PRESENCE IN A MOVIE SITUATION, instead of being a mere time-filler in a film. Look at the success ratio of MSV on this single point : A SONG PROVING ITS WEIGHT IN EXPRESSING EMOTION. Without having to answer me just ponder over : How many other MDs have rendered justice to their songs as a source of effective rendering of emotions.

Question 2: How often MSV has chosen to strengthen the lyric by letting in non-lyrical emotions of 'sigh'/ 'laughter'/ 'guffaw' or some momentary punches like 'kiss' sound or clap or some other 'gesture' fortifying the situation? How many other MDs have availed of such strategy and in what frequency ? would eternally settle the question.

3. Undoubtedly MSV right away takes grip of the mood of the song and effortlessly inserts expressive styles of singing, ludes, interludes and other embellishments that strengthen the 'feel' of the song WHILE MANY OTHERS BY ATTEMPTING TO CREATE 'FEEL' readily FELL the emotion. The product from MSV reveals how he has gone to the depth of a song and how he showcases more than what the lyricist has expressed.

All these point to one fact : MSV is an articulate judge of emotion and accords the highest value to words for their form and content and never suppresses them by musical extravaganza. More to follow.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
Just got reinstated in the forum yesterday. Great to see your post. You have made the salient points. I do not know whether it is a coincidence. I was just posting the detail of the song 'kalyana pandhile' in the heading Pick a song and Analyse.

I thing what I had written there is a classic example of the points mentioned by you in this thread.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: