"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7th Anniversary celebrations - coverage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: MUST IMPROVE Reply with quote

Dear Vatsan,

That the song played by Navrags "Sollathan Ninaikiren" completely took both the keyboard players by surprise was very evident as both of them didn't know what to play for the interludes. Not only was it embarrassing but how could seasoned conductor like Sridhar do away with it. Couple of years back we were in a similar situation and on that day also the orchestra came in for a sharp criticism from all the forum members. So let's put our thoughts together and see to it that good / committed players are engaged to make the concert more memorable.

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experience is the best teacher. We should have learnt lessons from the past but somehow we still need to learn. From now on let us look forward to more organised events and committed executors. Of course, money has its part to play, but that should not dominate one's commitment. As an experienced troupe, we expected more from Sridhar's Navrag. Let us take steps to overcome these shortcomings in future.

It is the binding of the troupe to executes its level best irrespective of its financial implications. Let's look towards getting such a troupe to perform in our future programmes.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the piano programme for the song 'maalai pozhudin mayakkathile' the original scale is 'C'(1st shruthi or 1 kattai) with f minor as the base chord and the starting note is upper note 'C' or mel satjamam. But a seasoned player like Kalyan himself made a mistake by taking the base chord as c minor and started with the note 'G' that is 'pa' or panchamam.. And It was pointed out by IR and was also acknowledged by TKR. The result was the song itself went completely to a different scale altogether. MSV had reasons to compose a song in f minor scale which gives full pathos effect compared with c minor.

So mistakes do happen for the light music orchestra. I do not think budget played any role there.

N Y Murali
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all

I thank all those who have complimented on the programme on behalf of the organizing committee

As I said in my previous posting , I have been hearing only good comments on the programme .

With regard to time management –
yes we need to improve on this . But this time , though we (including me )seeing it as a big issue , neither crowd , nor dignitaries felt un comfortable .

When sri MSV , came in I asked him whether we can go direct to the dais . he said in negative .thereafter I asked him twice , but finally I had to take a call and said we were going after this song . . when the felicitation programme was on , I think he was thoroughly enjoying every one’s speech . The person who used see watch impatiently when the speeches were on , did refer to his watch only once , That too when I told him that it was time he left . even when I was trying to interrupt sri lakshman chettiar he was amusingly looking at my attempts , as I had told him the reason for the interruption .

The person who of late never stays out of his house after 8 – stayed with us even after 9 and left the scene only after the persuasion . that’s shows his love towards us and the fact he thoroughly enjoyed what was happening. . so we should not be too critical about this , while no doubt , our time management and stage management should improve , and we will .

Re music party –
Do not want to comment as I heard the music bits and pieces . but I should agree with prof that their delay in setting up is not acceptable at all. Staying 3 o clock in the night is all their problem , which should not be at our cause .

Similarly I agree with vaidy when he says they lacked professionalism . yes with 35 years of experience , he should have managed little better .
Similarly the pathi bakthi song was goofed up very badly , in front of the creator , is not to my liking let me confess . if your key singer not in one’s experience should tell which one to be show cased in front of the creator . if I were him , I would have given my best shot .

Also I specifically told him not to touch any song sung by MM because personally I believe none can do justice to that sridhar dug up his own grave and also landed into that ..promptly .
But at the same time we should not under estimate his zeal , and passion to do the programme ,I do not think money was the criteria , but he did not have key men .

So let us not suspect his intentions , on this couple of slips . HE HAS BEEN VERY ACCOMMODATIVE ,WORKS HARD FOR THE PROGRAMME , AND GENERAL PUBLIC LIKES HIS PERFORMANCE what else is required .

donot think paying money is going to get great programme . what is ones impression on jaya tvs ninaithale inikkum . did quality matched to the money flowedin there .

On the money front . let me be very plain , when we started the discussion of this year’s anniversary , we had just 25000 .with estimated Minimum Rs 125000 for the
programme

after couple of round of communications , meetings nothing moved other than ramki assuring his 30000 , rs 25000 from Mr prakash from Norway , which gave us the hope . to be honest with all , the MSVIANS OUT OF CHENNAI really helped us like Dr Damodharan pachiappan. (20000 ) Sai saravanan, (5000) Balaji (5000). of course many of TRUST members did coontribute . I also agree later at the fag end we received funds.
so when we approached another music group they were demanding 135000 ,when we are struggling to reach 100000. the halls were full , and the one that was available was costing rs 25000 .at that time only Sridhar accepted to do a progrmme . he never demanded money .
so let us give credit to the man , who contributed to the success of the programme.
like we goofed up on some accounts he did in a few of his attempts .
thats all
but we should not take ,give excuses to our flaws , if we haveto give aa decent programme . we will pull up our socks . and i am sure we will .
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am giving below some of the reactions from the public.
ar Sirs,
I was pleased to receive your kind invitation on our 7th anniversay function. Since it was the first invitation recd. by me after my joining our MSV club. I attended the function and enjoyed throughout. I took that opportunity to meet my old friend Mr. Shyam Joseph on that occasion. My sincere thanks for your invitation.
Thanking you
Yours musically,
B. Periasamy

sir

Really wonderful evening.divine music which took all to another

world.Selection of songs just too good.Singers did very well.Ofcourse

GOD OF MUSIC WAS PRESENT TO GRACE THE OCCASION.Wish

speakers could have brought more about THE CREATOR AND HIS

CREATIONS.But that is a minor point.Hats off to the organisers.My

one request-let us not canvass for any award to GOD OF MUSIC.GOD

IS WORSHIPPED AND NOT GIVEN AWARDS.NO AWARD IS WORTH.

HE ONLY CAN GIVE AWARDS.ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR SUCH

WONDERFUL EVENING.

I Would like to know 1.any cd is available on VARTHAIGAL SOLLUM

VATHIYANGAK(VSV) AND 2.SANGAMAM BY MAHARAJAPURAM

SANTHANAM AND M S VISWANATHAN.So far my search didnot

give anyresults.so this request.

b anand

sai prasad prasad
Feb 24 (1 day ago)

to me
Attended the anniversary function and enjoyed the same. I have today remitted Rs.500 to MSVTIMES.COM AC. M Sai Prasad

atarajan k r
Feb 23 (2 days ago)

to me
Sir,

I have attended the program alobg with my family .It was a wonderful and really thrilled to hear the old songs which are very famous but all are classic one.
Really from my heart I am saying that not only the selection of songs are best but the we enjoyed the cent percent PERFECTION of orchestra which has to be mentioned and to be praised.
I saw some people who are in the age of 60 to 80 their response seems as though they have gone back to olden days because of classic instruments, voice of singer and selection.

It is not exaggerating that some of the songs made me to have tears in my eyes because of perfection got from the orchestra.

You are really doing yeoman service along with the orchestra grouo and wish you to have many more years to do this performance.
Basically I was also a stage singer.
My regards n best wishees.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the people who are complaining never bothered to attend even one meeting about the plan for organizing the anniversary. And people who took sole initiative of running earlier programme did not even turn up for this one.
Pity...

N Y Murali
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was writing I got a call which praised the programme to greater extend and saud the youngsters who hesitated to attend with exams around the corner throughly enjoyed
The programme , her only suggestion was also to include a few popular nos , infact the younsters were so surprised hiw msv has toiled to give his product during u s v time

Another girl maiked me telling she felt proud to be living during msv kd time
As an organiser I am very hapoy on thebresult and thank mr sabesan and vatsan for the songs selection
Also I was feeling little guity to have sent m m delated , and I was glad to know from his family that he did not feel any dis comfor

Happily
Vk
Vatsan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: RESP. Reply with quote

Lest there should be any misconception, VijayKrishna.....nobody questions the overall success of the program.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's (26th February 2014) edition of The Hindu, has carried a write up on the 7th anniversary of MSVTimes, by Mrs Malathi Rangarajan, which is reproduced below:

Quote:

CHENNAI, February 25, 2014

Celebrating a legend

MALATHI RANGARAJAN

M. S. Viswanathan blessing 'Tabla' Prasad, who was honoured at the function. Also honoured was recording engineer Sampath (extreme right) while violinist and music director Shyam Joseph (extreme left) looks on

Some of the unsung talents in MSV’s troupe were honoured at an event held in the city recently

This time, msvtimes.com, the official website of legendary film composer, M.S. Viswanathan, manned by his diehard fans, came up with a new expansion of the initials MSV. ‘Melody’s Synonym Viswanathan,’ read the invite of the seventh anniversary of msvtimes.com, held on Saturday, at Bharat Kalachar. From the beginning, the website has been honouring unsung talents in MSV’s troupe, who have contributed much to the composer’s orchestral excellence. “MSV was lucky to have an accomplished team of musicians working for him diligently,” whispered a voice beside me. True indeed!

Violinist and composer Shyam has worked on nearly 300 films in all the languages of the South. Sharing the dais with other stalwarts that evening, he went on to extol MSV’s talent. “He took me under his wing and helped me blossom as a violinist and composer,” he said. “I’ve seen and wondered at the genius of this simple man, from close quarters. He would watch a scene just once and get the notations for RR ready!”

A point reiterated by recording engineer Sampath, a national awardee, who has recorded more than 7000 songs in a career spanning 55 years at AVM. Msvtimes honoured him that evening. Introduced as a taciturn person who would say just “two words or two sentences” at the most, Sampath went on to talk for quite a while about those glorious days of working with MSV and MGR, the glitches they faced during the re-recording sessions of MGR’s Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban and the ease with which they found solutions and went on to record some of the best RR pieces for the film. “MGR had recorded chimes of bells from China and wanted them to be used in the RR. The way in which MSV wove some scintillating music around those sounds can only be described as strokes of a master tunesmith,” said Sampath.

In his short address, Prasad, the percussion wizard, whose dancing fingers on the tabla can bring even an entire number to life (those who’ve heard him play the song ‘Ennadi Raakamma’ will know what I mean) thanked msvtimes.com for the recognition, and referred to renowned yesteryear composers, G. Ramanathan and K.V. Mahadevan, and said, “Along with MSV, they were the Brahma, Siva and Vishnu of Tamil film music.”

“MSV did not need technology to lend sweetness to music. From lullabies to dirges, he composed music for all the seven stages of a man’s life, with the emotion quotient of each impacting listeners. Bharat Kalachar is proud to be a part of the website’s endeavours,” said Y.Gee. Mahendra.

Sridhar’s Navrags presented the ever-alive melodies of MSV under the title Viswa Sangeetham. The choice of the rare numbers deserves special mention. “Credit should go to Sabesan of msvtimes,” said Vaidy, another member of the team. “He was the one who listed the best and also some of the rarest melodies of MSV.” Experienced stage singers Kovai Murali and Jayashree stole the show. Sriram Lakshman’s emceeing skills were intact as always. But it’s strange that though msvtimes has been organising its annual celebrations for seven years now, the slight confusion on stage during the actual awards presentation continues.

All the same, it was an evening of enjoyment for the large number of MSV fans gathered at the venue.

Thank you The Hindu and Malathi Madam.

Link for the Hindu page:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/events/celebrating-a-legend/article5725940.ece
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Hindu report by Malathi Rangarajan (The Hindu, Metroplus, Chennai Feb 26, 2014)

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/events/celebrating-a-legend/article5725940.ece
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: HINDU COVERAGE Reply with quote

Dear All,

Kudos to the Hindu and in particular Malathi Rangarajan for their beautiful coverage of our 7th anniversary. That the evening completely belonged to Composer Shyam Joseph & Sound Engineer Sampath for their virtual lessons on the musical prowess of our Master Creator Shri. MSV must have opened the eyes of many who were in the habit of crediting MSV's orchestra more than the creator himself.

I am sure the musical evening has taken all those assembled there down their memory lanes. There can never be a dull moment when it comes to melodies of our Master for, each of them has it's own characters that is so unique and never similar to each other. Hence there is no doubt that the whole evening belonged to every MSVian in every sense.

Those who missed out their chance need not be condemned as we have no clue about their priorities that day. Those who also blow their own trumpet must show some restraint. VK definitely deserves congratulations for making it happen.

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Forum Members,
The article written by Smt. Malathi Rangarajan, nicely summed up the mood of msvtimes on that day. While one needs to take the point that 'even after 7 years of experience of running anniversary events slight confusion exists', she also followed it up with the word that "All the same, it was an evening of enjoyment for the large number of MSV fans gathered at the venue". And that was the general public mood which she correctly inferred.

Probably one point the undersigned expected was an information about the formation of a trust, which is definitely an improvement in 7 years of operation.

The undersigned recalls the event which happened some time in Nov 2007, that led to his participation in msvtimes.com. After having seen the same Smt. Malathi Rangarajan's report about the novel MSV'S Piano programme, the undersigned came to know that there exists a website for MSV. When he tried to contact the people who have been listed, nobody attended the call and not even bothered to answer back when they were free. It was the 3rd day when the undersigned tried desperately that one of the core committee member took the call. When the undersigned expressed his wish to get himself associated with the noble service rendered by the team, he was directed to a member of the forum for the help of enrolling in the website as the undersigned expressed his zero knowledge of operating in a social website. That member unfortunately never rendered his help and after following it on the 3rd week got irritated that his personal time is breached. And to my amusement I found later that the member mentioned adores the later date Music Directors also.(Though I do not see it objectionable in general sense, I feel the person who takes up important position in msvtimes should be an undiluted MSV Fan)

So the undersigned had to find the other way of get himself enrolled. On that day that undersigned decided that his contribution towards msvtimes should be in such way that it brings more and more new fans of MSV who are willing to contribute by offering what ever services they can afford.

In that sense, today if we praise VK, Sivasankaran, KRS, Ragasuda who joined later have taken the responsibility of having organised a nice anniversary event, the undersigned feels satisfied that more and more new people have been taking responsibility. And these are hardcore MSV fans.

And the undersigned will continue to work in same direction and ensure that it goes on and on... If this is construed as blowing ones own Trumpet
then the undersigned will continue to blow his own Trumpet!

But the undersigned gives full respect for the people who initiated and brought this noble forum in to action.Today what ever we are doing and are going to do in future is because of the efforts taken by these people.

The undersigned also feel that, by getting more new faces for taking responsibility for servicing in msvtimes does not make others irrelevant.

But if one thinks so, then the undersigned is not responsible.

N Y Murali
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear my friends

My friendly request to all to come back on main agenda than what happened in past .
let us spend our energy in taking our goal further .
i am sure every one in this group has got only one agenda . so let us continue our march towards our target .

having said that , pls allow me to set a few records straight

a) when we were planning to set up an organisation (later it was decided a trust ) every one was intimated . more specifically murali and and me made sure all the core crew and seniors like Sampath , SRS were invited and heard . of course ,but for vaidy all came for the meeting and thanks to every one that was most crowded meeting ever .
shankar undertook the responsibilty of informing the minutes of the meeting to Mr vaidy .
b) in the meeting it was decided to go ahead to form a trust , and when the question of trustees came up , none of the seniors was keen , and finally the trust was formed with prof,murali,siva,KRS srikumar,and narayanan ( a new entrant ) and myself . though vatsan and parthavi agreed to join trust , it didnot happen , as i could not get vatsan's address we needed to drop one more to keep the no to 7 .as mr parthavi expressed his desire to stepdown , if anyother can step in .
this is how the trust was formed .
after this we have conducted many meetings , and i used to send the SMS , but after 3 -4 attempts , i continued to send only to those who were responsive .
b) and the trustees and main members (shall i call so )have been informed about every move of msv times . com , inspite of the fact mandate is there to run the affairs as the trust decides .
Reason is we want to take every one's knowledge and experience to achieve what we all aim .
c)As a founder trustee , let me assure you that we will achieve the task together .
d) so whoever has suggested , once we agree to that its our trust's decision , so let us not talk individuals .
let me also air my feeling on Mrs Malathy's article
it was good ,though she missed out the names of gnasekar and vijayalakshmi who did a good job . of course that's their view .

but there was a factual error . the song list was not only Mr sabesan 's and vatsan was also there as a selector and selected a few extradinery songs so he also deserves kudos with Mr Sabesan.. it was appropriate that his name should also been mentioned to the scribe . pls donotmistake me, i am not undermining b mr sabesan's contribution , but at the same time the deserved persons name should be brought out .

similarly had the scribe informed of the trust . it would have reached thousands in no time and our task would have been easier . but unfortunately we missed a chance , whatever may be the reason .

i think its time , that we bury all our misunderstanding, mis conception , and for all of us there is ONE AND HE IS [size=24]MSV
, ALL OF US ARE HIS TRUMPETS . THATS IT . BIG FULL STOP

i personally thank those who congratulated me - but i repeat the team which won many heads and hearts .

thanks and wregds
vk
.[/size]
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,
Now having completed our anniversary programme, let us take the next step of re organizing the web site. I would request you to call for a meeting of the trustees as well as interested volunteers who are ready to participate in that work.

Thanks,

N Y Murali
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,
While I thank all of you for your valuable suggestions for collecting funds, I wish to inform all of that our Trust is purely charitable in nature which indicates that it is non profitable and non commercial.

As such we cannot have tickets for any programme. All we can do is to have voluntary donors. As Mr. Parthavi suggested we can encourage, request donors to contribute sum of what is possible by them. And more so what we we need to do, is to donate this sum every year and for our convenience can keep it as financial year April-March. Once April starts, if the donors could donate the fund before say end of September we could be in a position to evaluate our budget for organizing the anniversary event which will come up say in February.

My suggestion is to enlarge the list of donors every year. More importance should be given for sustaining the existing donors. This will ensure that more funds starts flowing and we could also start planning more events. Once the funds improve then we can also look in to Vatsan's suggestion of increasing the budget for the orchestra, in order to better the quality of the musical programme.

I hope you will agree with me.

Thanks,

N Y Murali

Last edited by N Y MURALI on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: