"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 PADMAVIBUSHAN NOMINATION PETITION FOR MSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: 2014 PADMAVIBUSHAN NOMINATION PETITION FOR MSV Reply with quote

PLS SIGN AT THE EARLIEST
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.change.org%2Fen-IN%2Fpetitions%2Fthe-home-secretary-ministry-of-home-affairs-nomination-for-the-padmavibushan-2014-of-melisai-mannar-ms-vishwanathan%3Fshare_id%3DadpxHNNSRl%26utm_campaign%3Dfriend_inviter_chat%26utm_medium%3Dfacebook%26utm_source%3Dshare_petition%26utm_term%3Dpermissions_dialog_false&h=kAQEH7kJm

THANKS AND REGDS

QUOTING BELOW A FEW RESPONSE

Adhithi Ravichandran KANSAS CITY, MO 6 days ago Like 4
He is a legend and everyone in TamilNadu with some sense of Music have realized that he is the greatest musician to have taken birth on this planet. He is to be compared with Mia Tansen of Akbars court. He deserves a Bharath Ratna, and nothing less.

Dhinakar Rajaram CHENNAI, INDIA 10 days ago Like 3
He is a treasure of Tamil Nadu, who was never honoured properly despite qualified for that! Atleast this time he has to be honoured.

kadambavanam kannappan ERODE, INDIA 11 days ago Like 3
He is a trend setter in tamil film songs. His album Lord Krishna devotional songs (Poet: Kannadhasan) is highly remarkable and remembered work.

Sriram Lakshman CHENNAI, TN 13 days ago Like 3
MSV is one of the greatest music composers India has ever seen and is the reference point for all composers who came after him. He is most versatile and all genres of music have emanated through him. He is responsible for creating a new system of music which beyond the stringent grammar certain genres of music demanded. The range of instruments and the range of emotions he has covered are well and truly incomparable.

Ragu Devaraj INDIA 13 days ago Like 3
Still amused as to why, i am signing such a petition, when the award should have been conferred on him, even before i was born. If not for MSV, i dont think we, the people of south india would have got legends like ARR and Ilayaraja.
Murali Sankar Venkatraman CASTLE HILL, AUSTRALIA 4 days ago Like 2
M.S. Viswanathan's contributions to film music are priceless. Ideally this award should have been given long back in the 80s itself. If he is not recognized even now, it will be clear that the awards committee and successive governments have been blind (or in this case deaf) and continue to be so. A pioneer of orchestration who dabbled with countless world styles in music, he launched careers of great singers (and later music directors too) who themselves are awardees in their own right.

Please recognize this living legend asap since he is already at an advanced age and will be happy to know that India has duly recognized one of its greatest artists.

vijayakrishnan rajagopalan CHENNAI, INDIA 5 days ago Liked 2
his music is my breath

Gandhi Kannadhasan INDIA 5 days ago Like 2
The Great Musician. Master...

Narayan Kumar CHENNAI, INDIA 5 days ago Like 2
Padma Vibushan award would be honored with MSV accepting it..

Jaya Kumar Mani INDIA 6 days ago Like 2
He deserves this and much more ,this is the least this place can give him

More Reasons
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done.
My Resons for Signing:
"Sri. M.S.Viswanathan is a true musical legend in the history of Indian film music, who has composed music for films, TV serials, private albums spanning over 6 decade. Probably he is the only music composer to do so. He has given a very wide range of music than any other composers. His orchestration and composing style are unique. Honoring this musical genius is a honor for that award. In fact this is too late. He should have been honored at least 2 to 3 decades before. Nevertheless, better late than never, let us hope the Government of India add a feather to the cap of Padma Vibhushan in the year 2014 by doing so."
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you mahesh

also adithi,m/s sabesan,vaithy,ramki,murali.malathi murali,vatsan,k rengasamy,jeev,have signed from what i could see .
what happened to others ..
out of 420 signed sofar only only handful from our association signed .

i have posted in the forumn, send mails, and SMS but still a lot to respond

those who have any difficulty pls let us know
thanks

ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK
I too have signed the petition online in change.org & my no.is 425. I have also shared it in FB page
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have signed. But I think that giving Padma Vibhushan to him at this stage is like giving a cerificate of pass in the 12th standard after that person has presented innumerable research papers, that too 40 years too late.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: WHO'S COMPETENT TO AWARD THE CREATOR? Reply with quote

Dear All,

While on one hand there is a drive launched recently to get the Padma award to Shri. MSV ( in which many of us would have signed our acceptance more as a "ritual" than anything else) this year, what I don't understand as an ardent devotee of Shri. MSV, as to who's competent enough to reward this Creator par excellence? That lives a great void isn't it???

While many of the play back singers from the film instustry were honoured with the President of India's medal for best singers way back in the 60's & 70's itself and later with Padma awards, sadly the Creator of the very song for which these people received various recognitions from the Government was conveniently ignored. While my stance is not towards demeaning any of these talented artists, and that they richly deserved the accolades, what hurt us the most was, why none of these people ever raised a hue & cry over the gross ommission of this man who is known to the world as the "Synonym" of Melody? Even the film industry never acknowledged or raised this mega injustice done to this Greatest Creator in Indian film music all these years in any forum as far as I know. I am also sure that many of the senior most rasikas of Shri. MSV would agree with me.

We all know for a fact that minus Shri. MSV's music, many of the movies would have bombed at the box office remaining just black & white or colour documentaries. The people of this State know (and so are the political big wigs who ironically made it to politics from the tinsel world using Shri. MSV's creations to the best of their advantage) the huge contribution of this one man army called MSV, to what extent HIS music played it's role in the success of a movie. That being the blatant reality, why on earth everyone kept quiet? Even now the industry is not rallying together to address this issue except for people like us. It is more of a shame than to feel happy that Shri. MSV "may" be awarded this year and that too after so much of lobbying never comforts me.

I will still hold the entire film industry along with the politicians solely responsible for this debacle and I am even more surprised (or appalled should I say) that at the age of 85 with 6 decades of expeience no one could match in the industry, we are waging a batlle for an award for this Living Legend. There can't be a more shameful moment in our lives I guess. I would also take this opportunity to let the "powers that be" know that both Shri. MSV & Kannadsan be honoured with "Bharat Ratna" for being colossal inspirations in our lives. Shri MSV & Kannadasan have not only been the main pillars of this industry but many musician's families are still making a living out of their creations even today.

Last but not the least, if at all something needs to be done to set right this anomaly, then there can't be a better time than this moment to institute a grand award in the name of Late Shri. Kannadasan for the most talented lyrycist & Shri. MSV for the most talented musician. The day that happens, we could heive a sigh of relief for, atlast justice had been done though verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry belated!!!

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VA
IDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you vaidy . instead of we push for padma awards , we should try for instituting msv and kd award

hope this will happen soon

while saying so , i am pained to note many of us still to sign the current petition
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a man who has contributed for about six decades for such a powerful art and media in cinema, the best recognition at the age of 80 plus, will be the institution of an award in his name.

Nothing else will be justified.

VK,
Many would have thought in these lines and would have been hesitant to sign such a representation, I presume.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
i also think so . but my point we should leave no stone unturned , and this is one way of showing not only gratitude to MSv , but also solidarity among us.

signing this petition may not evoke any response ,it may end up with the same fate as other petitions ,

i am also aware a few who want to sign do not have an email account of their own
in fact i tried from my commercial Em ail id for one , but still it ended up as vijayakrishnan only . so i dropped the plan doing for the others .
i am also for instituting an award by Tamil nadu govt in line with PAlKE award .
i am starting a petition for this to be sent to CM . let us wait and see how it is received by our friends
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: MY LATEST..... Reply with quote

Dear All,

This is what I have written today after reading the comments of certain people....It really pains.....

I read with pain about the writings of some people just casually "categorising" Shri. MSV as "good music director", deserves award" and so on. Helllllllllo, to all those out there, here is a man who's compositions have become an integral part of many South Indians. HIS music transcends all kinds of barriers known & unknown to mankind. He can't be just described in a word or in mono syllabals.....

HE IS THE TRUE CREATOR OF THIS MILLENNIUM AND IT IS INDEED THE ALMIGHTY'S BLESSINGS THAT WE ARE ALL AROUND IN HIS ERA.....IF IT'S MELODY, IT'S OUGHT TO BE SHRI. MSV'S...

If at all the Government wants the award to be rewarded in any way, then the only choice is to bestow the "Bharat Ratna" as HE is India's pride!!!!

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: