"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Postal stamp to be released in MSV's name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Postal stamp to be released in MSV's name Reply with quote

Dear all

I am happy to inform you all that a MSV's Postal stamp is going to be released on 17th August in Kamarajar Hall, Chennai at 6.30 p.m by
Hon. Governor K. Rossiah.

N Y Murali
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali sir,
I was delighted to receive your message first! Thanks. What is the background of this release? Kindly let us know.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
At last some semblance of 'recognition' seems to come close to Shri. MSV. At least MSV would be seen even by those who may not recognize him. As genuine well wishers of the legend, we should try to buy
First Day Covers from post offices. These covers would have the stamp mounted and the facsimile of the post office affixed with care w/o defacing the person honoured though the stamp would bear the cancellation mark just touching the fringes of the stamp. All stamp collectors usually throng post offices to collect the First Day Cancellation Covers. We too can buy those covers as Souvenirs of personal possession. Good News.

Warm regards K. Raman Madurai.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. On searching the net I got some details. This is the 100th year for Cinema and as such about 50 important film personalities stamp had already been released by the Honorable President Shri Pranab Mukherji on May 8 2003.

Giving below the Link

http://www.naachgaana.com/2013/05/08/india-post-issued-50-stamps-on-100-years-of-indian-cinema/

http://rainbowstampclub.blogspot.in/2013/05/president-releases-stamps-on-50-film.html

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Pdf%5CNotification_CPS_100_Years_IC.pdf

But on seeing the sites one can understand those 50 stamps have been issued of the personalities who had passed away.

But now the issue of Stamps of a living personality like MSV is still not clear.

But it is do with the 100 years of Cinema.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While searching for further detail I came up on this thread

http://autographed-stampcovers.blogspot.in/2013/04/autographed-by-mellisai-mannar_6133.html
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: DATE DEFERRED Reply with quote

Dear All,

Further to my SMS on the release of postal stamp in honour of our Master Creator Shri. MSV sent to many of the core group of MSVTIMES.COM couple of days back, I wish to inform you all that the original date scheduled for August 17, 2013 stands postponed. New dates are being worked out and will be announced as soon as we hear from the organisers.

Though a very belated gesture considering the politics surrounding the award committee, I am sure someone who really adores & repects HIS music ought to be behind this move. I leave the guessing part of it to each & every rasika of Shri. MSV...

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear vaithy

if you have an access to the organaising commitee ,can u find out whether we can get the first day cover in bulk , and w can have our masters signature on it and can be a souvenier

wregds
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-leSaKIyVbr0/UXz5o212tVI/AAAAAAAAADw/9J5I2dvZ-4w/s400/MSV+1+Front+8inch.jpg

one more autographed fist day cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: