"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV in Super Singer season IV [Vijay TV]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: MSV in Super Singer season IV [Vijay TV] Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Vijay TV's above programme had MSV as the chief guest in the last 2 days[ event was a dedication to PBS, TKR and TMS].Most songs were from Golden era of TFM. As ever MSV was not free flowing; he merely acknowledged every one's singing as 'good'. Even for specific questions he did not speak much.

However , the compere [Ms.Ramya] judges Srinivas and Unni Krishnan did manage to extract information from MSV. Some of them are as under.
Mr. Srinivas opined that Some songs can only be composed by MSV. He also recalled his experience with MSV from whom he had a call for a Ghazal recording.
"MSV composes in real time. He quickly fixes up Pallavi notes , moves on to charanam 1, 2 etc in quick sequence. I have not seen this amazing accuracy in any other composer. In terms of music MSV is in a different planet [ far above what we presume of him] and has no parallel". This statement of Srinivas came from MSV's response to the compere who asked how you go about composing these tunes/ music.

MSV said things were done on the spot,i.e no notes was ever given; my musicians were excellent craftsmen, thoroughly dedicated, would do their best to give the demanded. They were quick in grasp. As I play they would pick up.This was the practice whether the orchestra was of 3, or 30, or 300 strength and all recordings were live. The audience lustily applauded him. These were in reference to the "DheivathAi" number 'oru peNNai pArthu'.

Mr . UnniKrishnan sought to know if the percussion part was on Bongo. MSV replied in the affirmative. People sought to know who played it. MSV said , he is no more[ Mr.Gopalakrishnan] , was an excellent player of Bongo. They have left us ; yet we are enjoying the dexterity of their play on instruments. Even this much of information from MSV is beyond his usual.

Mr. TKR'S DAUGHTER Jamuna, PBS's son were invitees who shared information on the father. Certainly, the younger generation seems to realize how glorious the golden era compositions have been.
I thought of sharing this . The programme on Vijay TV goes on for the week[ DAILY 9.30 PM] with PS , LR E to come as chief guests one by one or together. Watch for interesting information.

Warm regards. K.Raman Madurai.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also saw it. I was wondering why MSV was a bit restrained in his response ! While most of the questions of the Anchor were well known , the replies from MSV were general in nature . May be , he is yet to come to terms with the sudden loss of 3 greats .
There could be another reasons for this . I mean, the judgemental aspect of the singers .....May be the 3 judges are supposed to address this aspect while the main guest ( MSV for the day ) would have been requested to give his comments on how he felt about those singers. Rolling Eyes
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

LR Easwari was more forthcoming. She narrated in detail about what happend during the composing of Avalakkana and pattathurani.Lre mentioned about the scoldings she got for the song Malrendra mogum.She was extremely happy to know the great resposne it received.

PS was there in yesterdays programme and she did enjoy to be in the comapny of youngsters, who are looking for her valuable guidance. One of the Judges MR. Srinivas mentioned about Shri MSV not getting National recogniton. It is heartening to see youngsters enjoying the works of Shri Msv.

In the last 5 years Shri MSV's popularity has attained a new peak.

V Sivasankaran
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do agree Msv's work has been recognised now better may be because of the electronic media.,but unfortunately either the comperes or most of the judges donot know beyond ilayaraja .

in those days unfortunately his songs were classified as MGR song , Sivaji song sridhar kb etc . mainly because thats way it could be classified then as MSv was ruling so high .

but now mSv songs known as msv songs -its a great feeling for us

talking about comperes and judges , i was told ,in shratalaya's new drama ,which is about reality shows ,there is scene which goes as below

the participant is questioned by one of the judges --which song he has selected
he said BHARATHI KANNAMMA -immediately one of the judges say yes its very good no composed by ilayaraja . the participant corrects him saying its mSVs composition , immediately the scene was cut and re shoot was done with correction
sivaji chathurvedi needs kudos for exposing the present day coperes and judges' knowledge( or lack of it )on golden era

thank you
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear Mr. VK, Sivasankaran and others,
Quite often the comperes irritate and judges [some ignorant and arrogant] do very little 'home work' before coming to a show. Also, they do not seem to apply their mind to a few critical parameters to 'assess' for themselves who the composer could have been.
In the recent Super singer IV where MSV, PS, LRE were chiefguests at least two gross errors went off uncontested.
1 The song "Enna vEgam nillu bAmA" was credited to TMS while there was not even murmur about AL Raghavan who actually opens the song.
2. The song 'OhO eththeanai azhagu 20 vayadhinilE'from "adhEy kaNgaL" was credited to MSV while the author was VEDHA; [ To call him the author of the tune/ orchestration is also wrong in the sense that this piece is a verbatim copy of a Hindi song,the name I am unable to recall]
The issue is - the assembly of instruments and the tune do not readily reflect MSV; Also MSV does not reproduce items verbatim however popular the original had been.
Above all , there are references from where the movie, MD and other data could be gathered. [Recall how exactly Abdul Hameed goes about precisely acknowledging the source; that is professionalism.]
Our comperes bother very little to be accurate. Due to this lax tendency umpteen of MSV songs have been wrongly credited to others.
But certainly it irritates when a non-creator receives encomium for someone else's work.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VK, I think the play you are referring to is 'Nalladhor Veenai' written by Srivathson and staged by the Dummies group. There was a review of this play in the Hindu last week.

About LRE and PSE
Both of them used the occassion for self projection. Both could not say anything about TKR other than that he was a great violinist. In spite of the repeated prompting by Ramya more than once, both didn't say anything worthwhile about TMS or PBS either. MSV's extremely brief tribute to the trio should be considered voluble in comparison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: