"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: TMS Reply with quote

I am shocked to see that we had not yet had a post regarding the demise of TMS.

Even though I am not a TMS era movie watcher, over the time I became one of his greatest fans of his voice, mainly for the songs he sung in MSV's composition. Early 90's, there were some students from Andhra who were renting in our home in Chennai asked me for Tamil songs recorded in few CDs, so I recorded some old MSV songs and Illayaraja songs in 4 CDs. Initially they were reluctant to listen to TMS songs as they have used listening to Ghantasala more.

After some time one day we were listening to Satti Suttadada song and students increased the volume more. I asked them if they really liked that song than the Janmamethithira telugu version. They immediately replied that this song is better and TMS had sung far better than Ghantasala and TMS is better singer than anyone they have listened in south.

Well. I was listening to a telugu version of a Karnan dubbed song by Bala Murali in Telugu and to be honest I liked the version by TMS in Tamil more. Only then I fully understood MSV's saying There is one moon, one Sun and one TMS and no one can sing like TMS.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130526/news-current-affairs/article/tm-soundararajan-no-more-golden-voice-mgr-sivaji-falls-silent

He is irreplaceable: A.R. Rahman

Gangai Amaran, music composer: TMS was a great teacher for most of us, particularly from villages. Through his stage dramas he provided a platform for us in which I used to play guitar and my brother (Ilayaraja) will play harmonium.

A.R. Rahman, music composer: Tamil film music and culture has lost its treasure. But we have to celebrate TMS and his voice. He is irreplaceable and he will be remembered forever.

P. Susheela, playback singer: I have lost my brother and the news is a rude shock to me. I was hoping to celebrate his centenary with him and my song Malarnthum malaratha in film Pasamalar is my asset.

Vairamuthu, lyricist: From my young days, TMS voice has taught me Tamil. He has sung in various genres and his golden voice is integrated with Tamil culture. Parents have to play TMS songs to children for them to learn Tamil.

Actor Sivakumar: TMS has sung for four generations and has been the voice of legends like MGR and Sivaji and later he sang for me, Jaishankar, and even Rajni and Kamal. His is famous in AP too as he lent his voice for stars as NTR and Nageswara Rao.

SPB Playback singer: A unique voice and a unique personality. Rarest gems of compo­sitions both for films and non-filmy albums were given life by the great singer with emotion, clear diction and fantastic range.

Vani Jayaram Playback singer: I have sung a few songs with him that became hits. His death an irreparable loss for music world. From young age I have grown listening to his songs.

L.R. Eswari Playback singer: Because of TMS sir, I am here. I have not seen him getting annoyed. His voice is always in the air and his songs are timeless classics.

CM J. Jayalalithaa: He reigned supreme in the 1960s, 70s and was capable of bringing out the best in any genre and no singer was completely talented as he was. He was adept in modulating his voice to actors for whom he wa singing, especially to those of MGR and Sivaji’s.

It was memorable singing with him two songs. The Centre honoured him with Padma Shri (2003) based on my government’s recommendation. His death is a great loss to Tamil cinema and its fans.

K. Rosaiah TN Governor: His demise is an irreparable loss to Tamil film industry. His devotional songs were emotional, touched one’s heart, reverberated in one’s ears and took one nearer to divinity.

M. Karunanidhi DMK president: The voice of no other singer suited the pillars of Tamil cinema, M. G. Ramacha­ndran and Sivaji Gane­san like that of Soundararajan.

M.S. Viswanathan music composer: There can be only One Sun, One Moon and likewise, there can be only one T.M. Sounda­rarajan in the world of film music industry.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sriramp
Giving below the thread which was already opened.

http://www.msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2945

N Y Murali

Last edited by N Y MURALI on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N Y Murali,

Thanks for the link. I did not check the section Members introducing to each other for TMS, it is my mistake. I checked singers, news etc.. like PBS's demise. I kept checking for few days and eventually I posted.

I am glad that someone has posted somewhere, I had to start this thread in News section as 'shocked' just to regret me posting late in this section.

There should not be any arguments in saying that TMS a great singer.

thanks,
Sriram

Last edited by sriramp on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear srirmp,
Thanks for your clarification and frank admission. I admire and feel that the earlier comment I made in Tamil can be removed. I also request you reframe your reply in such a way that you remove my quote.

Thanks

N Y Murali
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: How to reregister Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Extremely happy that our friends are able to quickly see reason and are open enough to extend an arm of cordiality. It is the best form of expressing willingness to accommodate by amendment.Also this is the right tribute to Shri. MSV and other legends, since our mission is common and meant to bring forth the grandeur of TFM in the golden era. I feel that it is my duty to say a few words of appreciation to the concerned, as a proper end has been brought about without emotive argument over minor slips here and there.
Let this spirit of accommodative gesture stay with us for all time to come.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: