"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BRAVO JANAKI!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: BRAVO JANAKI!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

I was really thrilled when I read about singer S. Janaki's decision to turn down the Padma Award announced yesterday as part of the republic day ritual every year. Sadly even this awarding ceremony has become more of a speculative announcement than seriously recognising a person's contribution to a particular industry.

Time & again we have discussed in our forum, the absolute apathy of the Union Government in not bringing up the richly talented South into the gambit of the Padma Awards. The so called committee headed by a few who apparently have no clue as to whom these awards have to be given (as this decision is sadly arrived at by a handful of politically influential people based in & out of New Delhi) except for the fact that a mere "recommendation" from the ruling State Government and a strong political lobby is all that is needed to "bag" it. Where is talent or creativity playing a role here???

That our representation must fall on the deaf ear (that of Mr. Abdul Kalaam, the former President of India, born & brought up in Tamil Nadu, who also knew Late Kannadasan & Shri. MSV very well) of our former President is something I consider the "lowest" that happened to MSVTIMES.COM since it's journey from 2006.

I wish to place on record my deepest gratitude for the spontaneous outbursts of Legendary singer PBS & Dr. Padma Subramanyam, condemning the Union Government's attitude towards South, and in particular, Shri. MSV. I am sure these two represent the anguish & sentiments we have all been expressing in different forums for a long time now and all of us are with them & the rest who have expressed similar views. I was also rather amused to read about (The New Indian Express) Bhavatharini's sadness about her father Ilayaraja being belatedly given the Padma award in 2010. What a classic case of selective amnesia? Here we are lamenting that a person who's melody personified for the past 7 decades has been completely forgotten and that, this ought to have taken precedence several years ago and that it didn't, puts all our heads down in utter shame.

MSV-ians, do you all understand now, how Padma awards are given??? One of the strongest stances against this anomaly is to let the Government know in no less strong terms that, even Shri. MSV will out rightly reject it whenever given & if at all given!!! Shri. MSV's contribution can never be quantified by a mere award for, HIS creations have stood the times of test & crossed the barriers of all sorts. Shri. MSV ought to have been given the highest award several years ago & to consider his name now is an insult to every self respecting, right thinking MSV-ian. That being the reality, who's competent to award this Creator of this Millennium??? As suggested by all of us, the solution lies in only instituting an award in the name of Shri. MSV to be given to real talents (not the fly by computer geniuses of the TFM world of today) from this year. The day that happens, we can heave a sign of relief for, our stand would have got vindicated.

Now that the Union Government has made it's intentions very clear that the Bharath Ratna is only for the dead & gone, let's pin our hopes (though fervently) on the State Government to institute this award in the name of Shri. MSV!!!

CHEERS

THOSE WHO LISTEN TO HIM, ARE BLESSED TILL ETERNITY!!!

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Last edited by vaidymsv on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear fellow msvians
ONE MORE YEAR OF AGONY ,BUT EXPECTED
of course janaki to be applauded , though she failed to mention MSv's name
the fact that our representatives in Delhi , never bother about their fellow state's jewel is not recognised .
i am sure 90 % should have grown listening to his tunes and they donot find it fit to refer a deserving candidate's name to the board
After CMs out burst , i donot think its going to happen with the present govt.
the hope is alternate govt to come

till such time , all we need to do is represent the case to CM for institution of award to CMs cell , which i have already written to Cms cell but representation with prominent persons like AVM SARAVANAN , Sp muthuraman ,p suseela
Deva and sachu , in their capacity as iyal isai nadaka sanga president and member ,would speed up the procedures

WILL CORE MEMBERS DO SOME THING IN THAT REGARD . WITH OUR 6 TH ANNIVESARY FAST APPROACHING WE CAN INVITE THEM +REQUEST THEIR SUPPORT
ALSO I SUGGEST WE NEED TO CONDUCT THE SIGNING CEREMONY IN A BIG POSTER OUTSIDE THE HALL ON 9 TH FEB AND PRESENT THE SAME TO CM AT THE TIME OF MEETING
ITS TIME WE ACT THA
N TO SULK

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quoting THE HINDU

MANY ARTISTES EXPRESSED THEIR SHOCK ABOUT LEGENDARY COMPOSER MS VISWANATHAN NOT FIGURING IN THIS YEAR'S LIST AS WELL .
PLAY BACK SINGER SRINIVAS (DONOT THINK ITS PBS )SAID 'HE IS ONE OF THE MOST REVERED COMPOSERS IN FIL MUSIC AND HE IS TET TO BE RECOGNISED WITH A PADMA AWARD .HOW ATROCIOUS IS THAT "
BARATHANATIYAM EXPONENT PADMA SUBRAHMANIYAM SAID MSV IS A LEGEND AND ONE OF THE MOST CREATIVE MINDS OF OUR TIMES .IT IS DISHEARTENING THAT HE HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED THIS TIME TOO /

UN QUOTE

after reading this i just wonder
1. தமிழ் .மற்றும் திராவிடர் நலனுக்காகவே வாழும் ,வாழ்வதாக சொல்லும் தலைவர்கள் ஏன் இதை பற்றி கண்டுகொள்வதில்லை . அது எம் எஸ் வீ க்கு யாகட்டும் இல்லை மற்ற கர்நாடக விற்பன்னர்களுக்கு ஆகட்டும்
2. எந்த ஒரு தமிழ் செய்தித்தாளும் இதை விவாதிப்பதாக தெரியவில்லை , திருமதி ஜானகி அதிகார வர்கத்தின் கண்களை திறக்க முயற்சித்தும்
3. ஹிந்து மற்றுமே ஒரு பெரிய செய்தியாக வெளியிட்டுள்ளது
4. திரை பட இசை கலைஞர் கள் ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் தவிர இந்த கொடுமைக்கு எதிராக குரல்கூட கொடுக்கவில்லை
ஒரு கமலுக்கு ஆதரவாக ரஜினி அஜித் வரும்போது , திரையிசையின் பிதாமகர் (சன் சிங்கர் நிகழ்ச்சியில் இன்று கங்கைஅமரனின் கூற்று படி- ) இசை தெய்வம் எம் எஸ் வீ க்கு தொடர்ந்து செய்யப்படும் இக்கொடுமைக்கு எதிராக ஏன் ஒரு இளையராஜாவோ , a r ரெஹ்மானோ , ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜோ இ இ ல்லை இசை அமைப்பாளர் சங்கமோ ஏன் ஒரு வருத்தம் கூட தெரிவிப்பதில்லை .
அவமானம் நமக்குதான் ,சாதனையாளருக்கு இல்ல
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: