"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

intorduction
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: intorduction Reply with quote

Dear Msvians,

I wish to intorduce myself as Mr. V Sivasankaran, workiing for an healthcare company as Natioanal sales Manager. Aged 49,iam a great fan of Msv works. Have attended all the programmes , excepting the one conducted at Egmore Museum theatre.

Constatnly in touch with Mr. Sabesan and NY. Murali. Other interst is watching cricket. Great fan of GRV ( Gudappa Viswanath)

Msvs Music and Grv batting has a great influence on me.

Contact me @ 98408 87185. sivasankaranv@yahoo.com

With thanks and regards

V Sivasankaran
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mr. Sivasankaran. I know you have already contributed in many ways towards msvtimes. Now I request you to contribute with your valuable postings.

N Y Murali
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

Thank you. Through this forum, i have come to know many newer things about the works of Msv. Many of them like you are contributing to incsive and thought provoking analysis. I shall try my best to use this platform for propgating the great Msv works.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to MSV Times Mr Sivasankaran. We look forward to your contributions to the Forum.

I am also a great fan of Gundappa Viswanath, which I have mentioned in this Forum more than 5 years ago. My favourites are - in Music MSV, in Cricket GRV and in Acting Sivaji.

GRV was an innovative player and used to play many shots that were not in the copybook. Similarly, MSV is a composer who creates tunes and melodies that no one else can even imagine.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sivasankaran,
Welcome to the world of music. music means msv ... we are eager to know your interests in different aspects of msv's compositions, your nostalgia, analyses etc.
Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mr.Sivasankaran.

When you mentioned that you are a GRV fan, I recollected the school day incidents especially the Chepauk 75 Pongal test against Clive Lloyd's mighty west indies where GRV scored 97 NO. I think after this match , many Chennaites became a fan of GRV ( though he scored a century in the previous Calcutta test too ) .

I am a hardcore SMG fan and I am sure, you would have had many arguments with your SMG friends those days !

I also remember that 1972-73 England series when Tony Lewis was the captain. In one test after GRV scored a century, Tony Grieg just lifted him with both hands and tossed him cheerfully !!! Rarely we see such sporting gestures now a days Crying or Very sad

Vishy is always a darling of Madras cricket followers Smile

Welcome to MSV times Very Happy
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Speak to Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sivasankaran,
Warm welcome to you to this forum of elite fans of MSV, though people like myself also have enrolled. With your contribution to the forum I hope to learn something more of MSV -the composer par excellence. Please keep us enthralled by your contribution.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof, Ragasuda, Venu & balaji,

Many thanks for all of you for extending warm welcome.

Professor sir, I had opportunity of meeting you in muthukulike vareigala programme. Shall try my best to offer meaningful contribution.

Ragasuda sir, I had spoken to you over phone. Shall try and meet you soon.

Venu Balaji sir,

Msv and Grv had many striking simalarties. Both are extremly humble. Msv was highly innvoative, without offending traditon ( Pazamai maratha pudhuamai) Grv was also innovative, resulting in the nation securing win. Msv conducted himself so gracefully, bringing glory to his profession and Grv was a true sportsmen, adding grace to Cricket.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அவரும் விஸ்வநாத், இவரும் விஸ்வநாத் ....

என்னே ஒற்றுமை...
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear FRIENDS,
There are several similarities between MSV and GRV. Beginning with their morphology [physical form of diminutive size], both are master craftsmen. GRV was the first little master though the title later went to SMG and later to Sachin. Just as MSV can handle any genre of music with aplomb, GRV could handle any bowler with physical ease, mental contempt and elegance of execution. Had we listened to the then commentators from England, with pride we can rejoice their superlative expressions while describing GRV's game. Also we know that most knowledgeable music lovers irrespective their mother tongue acknowledge MSV's brilliance.
Curiously both never had any God father to scaffold them in their trade. Only their brilliance was their marketing strategy.
Both share the distinction of being among the best of competitors of their times. Both have the ability to tame the opposition into submission. Both MSV and GRV are tall examples of elegance in execution.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really a wonderful comparison of the two "Visus", Prof. Both are humble and simple, unmatchable, talk less and do more wonders. Above everything, both are never selfish.

Just like I had the opportunity to watch MSV right from his early days, I was one of the few who could see and enjoy the first innings of GRV at Madras. In 1968, as a 19 year old boy, GRV came and played for SBI in the Buchi Babu Trophy at the Marina ground, Madras. After watching him for 10 mts, it was very evident that he is going to be a great player and will represent the Indian team soon. This was further confirmed in the next year in the Duleep Trophy finals at Chepauk, when South Zone with stalwarts like Pataudi, Jaisimha, Abbas Ali Baig, Kunderan, Belliappa, V.Subrahmanyam, were being sent packing by a fast bowler called Chakravarthy and Bishen Bedi. South chasing a meagre score, could not make it, but GRV (sent at no.4 by Pataudi after seeing his class in the first inngs when he came to bat at no.7) stood firm at one end and played some unbelievable shots to make a half century and remain unbeaten. While walking out of the ground, the entire crowd was talking only about that terrific inngs of GRV and said he should be included in the Indian team straightaway. But he was not when New Zealand visited India later that year for a 3 Test series. This was immediately followed by a visit of the Aussie team lead by Bill Lawry for a 5-Test series and Vishy found his place for the 2nd Test at Kanpur. He made a century on debut in the 2nd inngs, followed by a match winning knock at Delhi and another century at Calcutta to level the series 2-2. The decider at Chepauk was a 6-days affair, but was over in three and a half days with Australia winning and clinching the series 3-2. The Aussies were reeling at 24/6 in the 2nd inngs with a magical spell by Prasanna. But a costly lapse by Farook Engineer missing a simple stumping chance of Ian Redpath proved costly for India as Redpath went on to play a big inngs in the company of the tail enders. GRV again played a good knock in the 2nd inngs of that Test and put up a big partnership with Ajit Wadekar. But once the two were dismissed, it was all over.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them do not hail from Tamil Nadu but they excelled in Tamil Nadu. One excelled in TFM and the other in Chepauk.

N Y Murali
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: intorduction Reply with quote

Dear Mr Shankar/ Venu,

I loved the comparison of msvs best performance of Karnan with Grvs 97 not out. Costly lapse of Engineer missing stumping chance of redpath, was adequatley compensated when he did a marvelous stumpring of Clive at chennai. India levelled the series 2-2. In the very next match same engineer floored the chances given by Clive. Clive went on to score double century , ensuring his team winning the series.

Ian chappel dropped a sitter at slips offered by Grv at kanpur. Vishy went on to score his maiden century at Kanpur. Both Msv and Grv never got their due recogniton. I consider VVS as tall vishy and he too did not get his due.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for recollecting some great cricketing moments of the late 60s and early 70s.

GRV was really an artiste . His style was not just ordinary batting . It was pure delight especially his square cuts and the late cut ( we used to call it as latest cut as he will allow the ball to even cross the stumps and then with a gentle caressing of the bat and the ball will run past the waiting slip to the boundary ! ).

SMG once ( 1977-78 West Indies under Kalicharan to India and during the Chennai test when GRV scored a matching winning century ) attended a programme of Padma Subramaniam and compared GRV is foot work is as good as her feet movements !

GRV's game never had any power . It was sheer timing and terrific footwork and the ball will race to the boundary !

The gentleman that he was always that during the jublee test played in Mumbai , 1980 ?? , briefly he was the captain and the England keeper Taylor was wrongly given out and GRV gracefully recalled him ( probably this was the first occasion in cricketing history ?? ) . The result was that Ian Botham was fired up and the match was won by England .

We rarely see such artists today but yes we had that Azhar but sadly his betting scandal has taken away all the credit for whatever he played .

VVS is a touch artist , very much of GRV's mould........Poor guy , never got the right recognition in comparison with the other 3 though he has played many match winning / saving knocks ( very much GRV ) .

Sorry to you all if I have extended the discussion on cricket Smile

Probably some seniors here may open a thread for cricket of yesteryears and share their memories .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Balaji,
As regards GRV's late[st]cut, I have heard commentator say that 'Vishy quickly lowered the bat before the keeper could gather the ball and the ball left the baffled keeper like a dart.

It is opportune to recall here that Queen [England] used to be in the VIP box if Vishy would bat that day. He had such high profile fans but kept his cool in true 'Viswanathan tradition'.

Thanks for the opportunity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: