"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaya TV to felicitate MSV on 22nd August 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note change in the timing of the telecast. It is from 3.30 p.m. on 19.9.12. Earlier I had mentioned the time as 11 a.m. based on a report in 'The Hindu', but it is now officially announced on Jaya TV as 3.30 p.m.

Venu Soundar
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching (and listening to) the telecast of the program in Jaya TV on 19th and 23rd, I can't help comparing this program with a similar one, also organized to facilitate MSV (not V-R) on his completing 60 years of composing. It was also named 'Ninaiththaale Inikkum.' This program was conducted by Divine Life Foundation about 3 months back in Kamarajar Arangam. There were tickets for the show and ads for the program appeared in the Hindu 3 or 4 times with MSV's photograph.

I attended the program. Generally, I write a post about such programs I attend. But this time I missed out due to some preoccupations, though I had made a note of the songs played. 30 songs were played. Compering was by Aadhavan. The function was conducted slickly with very little time spent on speeches. MSV was facilitated by the organizers briefly and was given a memeto. There were no other speeches except a brief one by YGM who also whistled the flute piece from Nilavukku en mel.

The orchestra was MSV's and the singers were the regulars like Kovai Murali, Ananthu, Jayasri, Usha Raj etc. The only other singers were Chitra who sang Nenjam Marappathillai and Kuzhaloodhum Kannanukku and Srinivas who sang 'Mayakkamaa Kalakkamaa.' and 'Namma ooru Singaari.'

The presentation of songs was excellent with the singers well versed in MSV songs doing an excellent job and the orchestration in spite of being only moderate in size being almost perfect. It was a consummate show giving a very high level of satisfaction. There was variety in the selection of songs, the list including songs like Malarnthum malaraatha, Kannukkuk kulamethu, andha naal gnaabakam, Bharathi Kannaammaa, Yaadhum ooree yaavarum Keeleer (4 songs from Ninaiththaale Inikkum including the humming number 'ninaiththaale inikkum.'), Allaa Allaa etc (in addition to the other songs I had mentioned earlier)

M/s NY Murali, Vaidhi, Sabesan (and perhaps other MSVians I might not have noticed) also attended this program and I think they will share my impressions.

Compared to this show, the Jaya TV show appeared lacklustre to me. The singers had played havoc with the songs. Seerkaazhi Sivasubramaniam, Unni Menon, Anuraadhaa Sriram etc. were quite off the mark in their delivery. Even Vaani Jayaraam was not at her best in Bharathi Kannamma, Andhamaanaip pparunggal etc. SPB fumbled almost every song that he sang. Among the young singers, Chinmayi was impeccable while Priyaa and Haricharan did reasonably well.

In several songs, the orchestration did not do justice to the nuances of the masterly original creations. In songs like Andru Oomaip pennalloo, the orchestration fell by the wayside.

While this program might have had its significance in terms of honoring the MMs and also conferring some pecuniary benefits on them, from the perspective of showcasing the prowess of MSV, in my opinion, this program has been inadequate, to say the least. That is to say, if we want to demonstrate MSV's greatness as a composer to someone who has not listened top MSV's music, Jaya TV's program might not have impressed him. On the other hand, the DLF show would have definitely made a good impression.

This is my impression. I always believe and accept that people can have different perceptions and impressions.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.ParthaV,

While the performance of the singers or the orchestra team will be based on the mood of them that day, what mattered to me was the occasion and the honour bestowed on the 2 giants ( also the other great singers . LRE was missing ). You will appreciate that the songs of the 2 have been sung on many many occasions in various forum.

I dont think the singing was the highlight of the evening . Men like SPB or Vani Jayaram ( even Sivamani ) would have come to the stage to show their immense respect for MSV - TKR . Its the recognition shown to these Masters at the highest pedestal possible now which no predecessor , including MGR or Sivaji or any ruling govt even thought of though they were the beneficiaries at large in their movies.

In today's commercial world, honouring someone like ARR or Ilayaraja or any recent composer would have given more mileage to the organisers Jaya TV but they didnt chose them . Instead, they honoured the veterans of the 50s and 60s . That itself is commendable and lets look at positives from this event.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: How to register.. Reply with quote

Dear All,
The portions of telecast of the events of 29-08-12 to honour MMs with title, cash award, car gift and the paraphernalia are bound to be pompous and noisy with the ruling party organizing the event. I am not surprised by the 'off-target singing' even by reputed singers. For them it is an occasion to try 'sangathis' however irrelevant; Cine music lovers refuse to accept anything that drifts from the original in lyric, tune /modulation orchestral peps and so on; for them the closest to the original alone is desirable. But in a stage performance they are not fettered[though it is no licence to be lackadaisical!].
A sense of deprivation, I too feel when LRE's non-appearance is thought about. Does she not deserve the same magnitude of appreciation as the likes of AL Raghavan, Jamuna Rani, MS Rajeswari and a few others who were honoured? The organizers alone can explain.
Equally the non-appearance of KR Vijaya is not explicable either. Certainly LRE's efforts in MSV's masterpieces cannot be that easily eclipsed or ignored.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
MSV-TKR songs looks so simple for a layman. That is the power of their music. In fact the success of the duo was that they made the listeners murmur their tunes. But having said that if any body thinks that they can repeat the original performance it is very very difficult. Even a the seasoned singers would have problems if they do not do rehearsals.

That is what had happened during the programme.

As far as the performance of the orchestra is concerned I feel they have presented a decent performance. W should also keep in mind that unlike Ilayaraja or ARR, none of the original players who have performed are available today.

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: VERY MEDIOCRE INDEED Reply with quote

Dear All,

I also happened to watch the programme on Jaya TV and I must confess it was no better than the rehearsal that Sabesan & I attended. While there can be no excuses in the delivery of quality, what really put me off was the singers who's performance that day wouldn't even the pass the most lenient of tests....

I am sure except for the fact that the Legends were being honoured in a big way, the overall performance of both the orchestra & the singers were absolutely dismal. We as seasoned listeners of our Master's music can't digest such glaring errors. THERE CAN BE NO EXCUSES EITHER WHATSOEVER.

To sum up the event, the programme lacked total co-ordination in the conducting department, the singing, selection of singers to point out the least. I still fail to understand as to what lead Ananthu, Kalpana & Ganesh Krupa to conduct while seasoned conductors could have been used which would have been some justice done to music.....& the Creators!!!

My dream was really shattered as what I expected from a fabulous 100 member orchestra that day turned out to be an absolute damn squib!!!

As an ardent devotee of Shri. MSV, I was thoroughly disappointed. I also wish to add here that the videos uploaded on Youtube in which Kishore, Asha and many more are performing........please listen to the orchestration and the person who conducts it.....With very minimal instruments, they cast a spell on you. Why our musicians can't do it here???Is it lack of will or involvement......Only MSV should answer....

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC !!!

VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear MSVians
may be, expected too much --

the only consolation points are the rewards the duo got , and the fact that other channels Mega broadcasting on one day , and vasanth broadcasting another programme of MSV , showed his grip his tunes have on the public

but unfortunately the same grip he does not seemed to have over the orchestra and singers did not do any justice to the task .
of course the youngsters did fairly a decent job , probably rehearsals did the magic .

the tears i got on hearing Ullathil nalla ullam , not for the tune , but the way siva chidambaram presented that song -forgive me if i am harsh .

mukesh would have done a good job , or even the small guy who made the entire crew at airtel super singer 3 crying , byrendering this song ,

by contrast , Illaya raja 's programme on jayatv was excellant , and very professional . and this is --i am sorry , ,
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
It is our expectations that fail and not the performance. The focus of the evening was to honour MMs which was done justice. No composer can recreate the magic, the perfection, the quality that they produce in the studios with all facilities. MM is no exception because there is none available to meet his requirements and expectations. Naturally it is no wonder if his stage programme turns out to be a mockery, the fault is defnitely not on MM. He has no eminent assistants with him, like Joseph Krishna, Govardhan, Henry Daniel or the like.

This being said, CM needs full kudos for her honest speech on MM and to accept her inability to bestow on MM the coveted awards of Indian government.

It is time young singers are invited to perform MM's songs on stage and the likes of SPB can be invited as guests of honour.

OUR SINCERE THANKS TO MADAM FOR HONOURING THE MELLISAI MANNARGAL AND THE AFFECTION SHOWN ON THEM.

Balaji,
Time and again I have mentioned about MM honoured by Nadigar Thilagam's family. Sivaji Prabhu Charities Trust way back in April 2005 (after almost 4 years of his demise) honoured Mellisai Mannar. I have several times explained that NT never was in height of realm and even after his demise, his family on request by NT before his death that Mellisai Mannar should be honoured by Sivaji Prabhu Charities Trust and they fulfilled his wish. நடிகர் திலகத்தின் அறக்கட்டளை மூலமாக மெல்லிசை மன்னரை 2005ம் ஆண்டிலேயே கௌரவித்தது தங்களுக்குத் தெரியாததல்ல, ஏனென்றால் இங்கே நான் ஏற்கெனவே இதனைக் குறிப்பிட்டிருக்கிறேன். மீண்டும் தாங்கள் நடிகர் திலகத்தைப் பற்றி இங்கே எழுதுகிறீர்கள் என்றால் அது முழுக்க முழுக்க உள்நோக்கத்தோடு என்று தான் நான் நினைக்க வேண்டி வருகிறது. நடிகர் திலகத்தைப் பொறுத்த வரையில் அவருடைய சக்திக்குள் எந்த அளவிற்கு முடியுமோ அந்த அளவிற்கு அவருடைய குடும்பம் செய்திருக்கிறது.

தயவு செய்து மேம்போக்காகவோ அல்லது உள்நோக்கத்தோடனோ நடிகர் திலகத்தைப் பற்றி எழுதுவதை இத்துடன் நிறுத்திக் கொள்ளுங்கள் என்று தாழ்மையுடன் கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன். தாங்கள் எழுதினால் நானும் பதிலுக்கு எழுத வேண்டியிருக்கும். தேவையற்ற விவாதங்களை தவிர்ப்பது நல்லது.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I dont wish to stoop down to street fighting levels with you, i definitely wish to know whether Sivaji had ever spoken anything about MSV's contribution to his movies or for that matter TMS or Kannadasan....what would have been commendable if sivaji had honoured these 3 legends during his lifetime....i vaguely remember mentioning TMS for devane ennai parungal.....otherwise, its total blank .....could be his laack of interest in appreciating nuances of music.....the same is applicable to mgr when it comes to recognising msv's contribution though he he gave a big sum for USV.....hope ur ego is satisfied now because i have mentioned mgr also......if you have any paper cuttings or info, pls share with me to authenticate..dont say that sivaji told this in his last days to his family members......tks.
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji / Raghavendran,

This is a celebration time when our Master is honoured by CM JJ in a grand function like this !

Let us celebrate with a lot of joy with no ill-feeling on others !

It will be nice if we avoid taking the dicussions differently !

As I told you 'we will continue to celebrate' !!! Smile

Thanks for the understanding
Ramki
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki Sir,

I have great respects for you. If you find anywhere I provoked any argument you can immediately punish me. My post was only a reply to the provocation. If you want me to keep quiet for any unwarranted remarks or provocation on NT (which is totally irrelevant here, I feel), OK I shall stop this. I had already quit as moderator and continuing as just a member. If you don't want that too, I shall immediately quit from the membership in the forum. You should have addressed the provocator first and not me.

Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Vatsan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

vk1959, the reason why it is generally felt that IR's program was more professional is first of all, the choice of songs. IR's choice of songs was apt for the stage whereas in this case, there was not much judiciousness in the choice of songs. Songs like "ninaithhEn vanthAi" are not "stageable" in the sense, the song will not necessary light up the stage as there this is absence of grandeur. In general, songs which involve intricate violin counterpoints and at a minimum a bi-part violin arrangement would qualify to be presented on stage. Songs like "parakkum panthu parakkum", "ulagam engum orE mozhi" (with its brilliant countepoints which involve chorus, cello & chorus) would have highlighted the orchestral brilliance, intertwined with a great melody. There was something very unacceptable about the very "sound" that emanated from the orchestra as a whole. The lackadaisical attitude of some of the singers was quite palpable.

But kudos to CM for considering this to be her own function. The sincerity really showed.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Was the second part telecast already? If not, when would it be done? Whoever has any information, kindly inform.

Many aspects of the show went against our own expectations and imaginations, as all of our friends have mentioned...I felt let down when my little son was shocked at the rendering of Ullathil nalla ullam. He quielty remarked 'Mukesh sang this song well'. It took some time for me to realise and remember...

The tabla (Ganapathy's) was overpowering on many instances. Tabla Prasad was not playing with full vigour, excepting on few instances. He was found watching Ganapathi play, every now and then. Ganapathy, as usual, invented his own beats which never ever brings any of our MM's songs without alteration. Why can't he play simply like the original? There are so many tabla players who are able to do this. In fact, one of the dholak players on the stage is a far better tabla player compared to Ganapathi. His playing is really torturous in Mega TV every Sunday in Endrum MSV. I am pained because many of MM's songs with tabla carry equal weightage like all other instruments. And he always distorts...
I only hope he practices and reproduces.
Regards,
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear saravananan

the second part was telecasted last sunday .
thats when the felicitations were made .

do not know whether you have watched mellisai mannarin ISAI payanam
every week , this is telecasted on saturday at 1.30 IN JAYA TV
first week had SPB ,conversing with MM
second week by Sivakumar
3 week by YG mahendran
today none could watch as no power at home .

i think the repeat is on thursday 8 pm .as i accidently saw SPB episode this week .it was better than Endrum MSv .they discussed on the sea shore ? about palooti valartha kili (gauravam), unakenna kuraichal (velli vizha ) Ennakoru kaathali (muthaana muthalavo)and also urimai kural , this i assume with the incidents .

i would like to share about Unakanna koraichal -- he praised kumar as a great melody maker . KB and Kumar bent on MSV singing that song, Msv wanted to kumar to teach him the tune , as he believed the creator has the final say. kumar obviously would have hesitated but MSV insisted
he narrated an incident that the captain of an air craft , in which MSV travelled , on seeing MSv came to him touched his chin , and said Unakenna koraichal

ITS TRUE AVARUKENNA KORAICHAL AVAR ORU CHAKRAVARTHI
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
Thanks and I missed the telecast...
Regarding the other program Isai payanam, I believe this is just a retelecast of their earlier programme shot about 6-8 years back. Then the telecast used to be on sundays, and as expected, it was taken out without any announcement one day. I had watched them all. The only bad thing about this is why they have changed the Karnan songs of this recording (they have replaced with the new version, which obviously sound horrible)? Sorry for mentioning this topic regarding Karnan, but wanted to bring out the change.
Regards,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: