"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaya TV to felicitate MSV on 22nd August 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mysixer.com/?p=19455&pid=28708

Some more photos of the event
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related news item appearing in The Hindu :

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article3839756.ece

The Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium wore a festive look when Jaya TV’s 14th year was ushered in, and honour showered on M.S. Viswanathan and T.K. Ramamurthy.

It was nostalgia unplugged for many of the yesteryear actors and musicians in the audience at the celebration to mark the beginning of the 14th year of Jaya TV. The occasion also saw the Kings of Melody -- Viswanathan and Ramamurthy – honoured for their yeoman service to Tamil cinema. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Ms. J. Jayalalithaa, presented the awards and mementoes and delivered the special address. Incidentally, it was the first Jaya TV event that the Chief Minister was attending.

The speeches of the invitees on the dais, were not just succinct, they were sincere, sans the sycophancy attached to such events. If the CM was praised for her thoughtfulness in honouring almost all the stalwarts of film music of the past, it was well-deserved. And if encomiums were heaped on MSV and TKR, again it was because the ‘Mellisai Mannargal’ are wholly worthy of them.

The CM’s choice

Imagine, the Chief Minister herself setting aside time to select and list out around 57 songs from the priceless repertoire of the composer duo, to be sung at the show titled ‘Ninaithaalae Inikkum’! “Such is my love for their timeless music,” said Ms. Jayalalithaa, and exemplified the case of children who take part in reality music shows on satellite channels today, singing the songs of the composers. “The reach of their strains remains unsurpassed,” she said.

The CM presented a purse containing 60 gold coins to the two composers, to commemorate their six decades in cinema, and a Ford Fiesta car. What touched an emotional chord in the crowd and in the galaxy on stage – AVM Saravanan, Rajnikanth, Kamal Haasan, K. Balachander and Ilaiyaraja -- was that almost all the singers of the past were called up on stage and presented medals.

Accepting the honour with humility were the monarchs of music, MSV and TKR. The songs of the evening, presented by Mellisai Mannar’s 100-piece orchestra, began with fervour, as MSV himself, sang one of his religious masterpieces, ‘Pullaankuzal Kodutha Moongilgalae,’ originally rendered by T.M. Soundararajan. Kovai Murali and Ananthu joined him unobtrusively, thus making the effort easy for MSV. But it was rather surprising when singer Kalpana didn’t help out P. Suseela, who obviously found it difficult to steer her course through ‘Maalai Pozhudhin Mayakkathilae,’ an Ilaiyaraja favourite and an all-time hit from the MSV-TKR combo.

Plaudits to the orchestra that included instruments such as the dilruba, sarangi and shehnai! The rehearsals must have been rigorous and meticulous – their overall performance proved it amply. Chinmayi and Vijay Adhiraj, the anchors seemed to begin with trepidation but generally did a neat job.

Adept in the art of the intricacies of music, Vani Jairam sailed through, ‘Aezhu Swarangalukkul …’ the award-winning song from K. Balachander’s ‘Apoorva Raagangal,’ with relative flair, as KB listened intently. Very much like ‘Malai Pozhudhin,’ it isn’t just the tunesmith or the singer, but also the simple yet poignant lyric of Kannadasan hold you in thrall to this day. It was interesting to watch P.B. Srinivos snapping his fingers with gusto for his hit, ‘Nilavakku En Mael.’ For Krishnaraj, singing the same was a breeze.

As the CM pointed out, MSV is the only composer who has given his voice for more than 500 numbers, not just for his compositions but for that of others too. “He can create music with 300 instruments or restrict his canvas to just three. And he is himself proficient on the harmonium, piano and keyboard, while Ramamurthy’s skill on the violin is equally commendable,” she smiled. “Humming, harmony, whistling – MSV could blend them beautifully in his music.” And as if to showcase this aspect of MSV’s talent, Y.Gee. Mahendra went on a scintillating whistling spree for the cheer-infusing number from ‘Kaadhalikka Naeramillai’ – ‘Nenjathai Alli Konjam Thaa’ – sung by Unni Menon, Kalpana and Deepashika.

“At present I’m pleased to honour these two veterans with the title, ‘Thirai Isai Chakravarthy.’ But I assure you there will come a day when I will be in a position to ensure that the Padma awards, which have been eluding these greats, are theirs.” The conviction in her tone left fans of the Mellisai Mannargal thrilled.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I was one who attended the programme from 5.00 pm to the end 11.45 pm.

I feel I should share my feeling with my friends in the forum.

Starting with the Tamil state anthem 'neerarum' with an announcement that it was composed by MSV himself.

A nice introduction was given by Chinmayi, announcing the 14th anniversary of Jaya TV and in lieu of that the honoring MSV-TKR. She also mentioned that while many titles and accolades have been showered on MSV the Central Govt Padma award was not given to them. So Jaya TV decided that they would at least would carry out a survey from public and would be honoring him with him with the title.

Ilayaraja recalled the day when he saw the shooting of the song 'ammamma katru vandhu; from Vennira Aaadai when he was young. He
said with out MSV being the inspiration he would have made to this level.

'Thirai ualagil naan sadhithaleem Avar potta pichai'
'Naan aduthadhellam avar thupia yechai'

AVM Saravanan was full of praise for Jaya TV honoring MSV-TKR but never the less did not forget to bring the point about MSV not given any Padma award. In fact he went to the extent of saying 'If you ask MSV he would say it is enough if I get affection of fans but stressed that may be that is for MSV but he as a fan of MSV wants this on behalf of all the fans. He in fact stressed the fact that the juniors to MSV have been given the awards and though he was happy for that ignoring the senior MSV pained him very much and request the Chief Minister to do the needful.

Director KB mentioned that he worked with MSV for 24 Tamil movies and 10 other languages movies and said that the combination of KB-MSV-Kannadasan produced some unforgettable melodies. He said he submit the fame and accolades whatever he gained to the feet of MSV.

Kamal mentioned that MSV songs had penetrated deep in to next generations and his daughter wanted to meet him and take his blessing which Kamal did was satisfying for him.

Rajini said he was the junior most among the dais to have worked with MSV but said MSV was the first person to have given him the voice with the song in ‘Moondru Mudichu’ followed by ‘Sambo Siva Sambo’ . But he mentioned what was amazing for him was that prior to coming to Chennai when he watched the movie ‘Server Sundaram’ movie in a Bangalore theater when the song ‘Avalukkenna’ appeared there was a thunderous applause and he was not able to understand why and hence asked the nearby person and asked for the reason for the applause and he was answered that the Man appearing in the Coat –Suit is M S Viswanathan. Rajini said that hither to he watched only audience applauding MGR and Sivaji and when he knew that how much MSV music has penetrated the public was amazing. He also said that when was the bus conductor the Kannadiga people would sing the song ‘Ponal pogattum poda’ and ‘paalum paxhumum’ etc without even knowing the meaning of the lyrics mentioning that MSV music has transcended across the language barrier.

But nothing compared to the speech of Chief Minister. The amount of details she collected about MSV showed that she had gone in to the details from many sources and she herself would have personally known many facts.

She said MSV’s music has mingled with every day part of her life. She said that MSV’s skill was that he was able to produce the hits with 300 piece orchestra and some time with only 3 piece orchestra.

Regarding TKR she said apart from being a ‘mellisai manar’ he was also a ‘villisai mannar’ meaning that he was a great violinist. She quoted the song ‘Kan pona pokkile’

But the highlight of her speech was she said while in the history of dynasty ‘Gupta age’ is always portrayed as the golden period . Like wise in the Tamil Film industry MSV-TKR period was the golden age.

Regarding the padma award she said that she also is pained that these two have not been honored and said that last year she recommended the name but was ignored for political reason. She also vowed that a day will come when her words will be respected and she would ensure that they get their recognition among thunderous applause from the audience.

In fact she stressed the fact with MSV’s quote ‘ennakku janadipathi award vendam. Jananga award podhum’ and said MSV may say like that but instead that the day will come when those awards and accolades would reach them on its own.

But I was very impressed with her final concluding comment with a request to them that they should help the next generation as to how to compose quality music. This shows that she really cares that the value system in the music has to be upheld in right earnest.

It was followed by honoring MSV with the title ‘Thirai Isai Chakravarthy’.

MSV-TKR have been presented 60 gold coins each marking their 60 years of service and also with Ford Fiesta car for each them.

I shall follow this up with my next posting about the light music performance shortly.

N Y Murali
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was blessed to have witnessed a light music programme of MSV in my life time. I am saying this with the reason that the size of the orchestra that was present in the stage.

40 violins, 3 chellos,2 double base, original Saranghi, Dilruba, Sitar, Veena, 2 Shenois, Accordion, 2 trumpets, 2 tramphone, 2 saxophone, clarinet. Probably what was missing from those days are the xylophone and Santoor.

Grandeur was the least word to quote.

Most of the songs were selected by the Chief Minister herself. In fact she went to the extent of saying that when she was making the list, the movies like ‘pallum pazhmum’ pasa malar’ ‘kadhalikka neramillai’ , ‘pava mannipu’ ‘ayirathil oruvan’ ‘padakotti’ etc etc since all the songs were super hit she was confused at to what to select and what to leave and she some how managed to bring the list.

I always say that the only problem with MSV’s music is the problem of abundance.

I am giving below the list if songs which wee performed as far as I can remember.

1. Pullan kuzhal kodutha
2. Raajvin paarvai
3. Nenjathai alli konjam thaa thaa
4. Nilavukku en mel ennadi kobam
5. Malai pozhudin mayakkathile
6. Adho andha paravai pola
7. Kamban Yemandhaan
8. Yezhu swarangalukkul
9. Bharathi Kannamma
10. Namma ooru singari
11. Engeyum Eppodhum
12. Mayakkama kalakkama
13. Vizhiye kadhai Yezhudu
14. Andh Manai parungal azhagu
15. Adhisya ragam
16. Ullathil nalla ullam
17. Iravum nilavum valarattume
18. Malligai en mannan mayagum
19. Anubavam pudumai
20. Avalukkenna azhagiya mugam
21. Thulluvadho ilamai
22. Kattodu Kuzhalaada
23. Enge nimmadhi
24. Kan pona Pokkile
25. Vetri meedu vetri vandhu
26. Yaar andha nilavu
27. Naan pesa ninapadhellam
28. Ninakka therindha maname
29. Naan aanaittal
30. Poojaikku vandha malre vaa
31. Nenjam marappadhillai
32. Neenga nalla irukonum nadu munnera
33. Nalai namdhe
34. Partha Gnyabagam illayao
35. Kadavul amaithu vaitha medai
36. Andru oomai pennallo
37. Ulagam pirandhadhu enakkaga
38. Aadavarellam
39. Vaa nila
40. Kavdhai arangerum neram
41. Medley of around 12 songs.

The selection of song though may seem to be every day number but to enjoy the songs live with that level of orchestra will be etched in my memory for ever.

For instance how about feeling the song ‘enge nimmadhi’ with 40 add violins, Cellos with that kind of brass section. The notes played by the orchestra were close to original and I may not able to say that is absolutely correct.

And for the first time I heard the song ‘kan pona pokkile’ in which I could clearly hear the parallel violin section every time when the voice comes ‘kan pona pokkile kal pogalama kaal pona pokkile manam pogalama’\

Same was the experience of hearing the violin section for the song ‘adho andha paravai pola’. What a composition it was when the violins go along with the full pallavi and takes a sharp turn at the time ‘orey geedham’. Amazing feeling.

Recollecting the double shenoi for the song ‘iravum nilavum valrattume’ the combination was close to perfection. Same for the song ‘ninakka therindha maname’

The combination of tabla from Prasad, Ganabathi and co was great. Especially for the song ‘Bharathi kannmma’ when the tabla and other western rhythm section comes in the alternative was enchanting.

Accordionist Rajkumar was like a breeze. Especially for the song ‘Ualagam pirandhadhu enakkaga’ and ‘Thulluvadho ilamai’

The brass section was a thrilling experience for many songs especially for the song ‘Thulluvadho ilaami’

The Hindustani instruments Dilruba and Sranghi could have been used for some more songs. But we had to content with only few songs like ‘iravum nilavum’ ‘ullathil nalla ullam’ and ‘Yaar andha nilavu’.

Flute Raghu was in great mood during the performance. Most of the notes were played perfectly. We have to appreciate that he had practiced the difficult flute piece he played for the song ‘Nilavukku en mel’

It was not that there were some sour points in the orchestra. Especially I was disappointed with them in the song ‘Avalukkena’ before the second charanam where the violin sections with piano punches was not up to the mark. Some more points were there

Coming to the singer points most of them have sung well. Especially the original singers like SPB and Vani were their usual self excepting that SPB missed the charanam order in the song ‘kamban yemandhan’. He also missed to take the first ‘aalabh;’ in the song ‘Bharathi kannamma’ and apologized and hat to start once again from the beginning.

A very novel thing was SPB singing the song ‘Yaar andha nilavu’ and he sought the blessing from TMS who was present there. But I do not know how much he practiced the song he completely misjudged and was singing continuously without giving time for the guitarist to have his play after the line ‘yaro solla yaro endru yaro vandha varavu’. This line is followed with the guitar piece and then the line comes ‘kalam seidha kolam’ but he took the next line without giving the guitarist to play. Being seasoned he felt his mistake and corrected from the first charanam.

Other than these instances SPB was in his full flow for all his songs. He was in full flow in the songs of ‘Ninathale inikkum’. Before he started to sing the first song he called MSV to come to the center of the stage and performed ‘Sashtanga namaskaram’
And told the audience that but for this Mahan MSV an artist called SPB would not have known to the Tamil Film Industry.

Sushila ammas singing the song ‘malai pozhudhin mayakkathile’ was for recalling the nostalgic experience.

Most of the new generation singers though sung well but were seem to struggle in patches. Amongst them Unni Menon was better.

The programme ended at 11.40 pm and considering the amount of practice and time spent by the orchestra we have to give credit to Ganesh Kiruba and Anathu for the efforts put in by them.

All in all it was a very nice and unforgettable experience.

N Y Murali
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள முரளி,

ஜெயா டிவி நம் எம் எஸ் வி க்கு நடத்திய இப் பிரம்மாண்டமான பாராட்டு விழா பற்றி விவரமாக எழுதியதற்கு மிக்க நன்றி.
விழாவில் கலந்து கொள்ளாமல் போனது ஒரு பேரிழப்பே. விழாவின் விவரம் படித்த பின், அவ்விழப்பு உறுதி செய்யப்பட்டது.

ஜெயலலிதா எம் எஸ் வி க்கு அளித்த இக் கௌரவமும், அவரது உள் மனத்திலிருந்து வந்த பேச்சும், மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சி அளிக்கிறது. அதுவும் அந்த உணர்வுகள், நம் எம் எஸ் வி டைம்ஸ் நண்பர்களான நம் அனைவரது எண்ணங்களாகவே இருப்பது பற்றி மிகவும் பெருமையாக இருக்கிறது.

மெகா இசைக் குழு, சித்தார், சாரங்கி, செல்லோ போன்ற வாத்தியங்களுடன் அமர்க்களமாக இருந்ததறிய ஒருபுறம் மகிழ்ச்சியும், மறுபுறம் பார்க்கமுடியாத ஏமாற்றமுமாக இருந்தது.

நம் எம் எஸ் வி டைம்ஸ்.காம் இதே மெகா இசைக்குழுவினருடன், ஜூனியர் பாடகர்களுன் ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சி, வாழ்நாளில் ஒன்றாக நடத்தினால் என்ன என்ற ஒரு ஆசை, பகற்கனவாக வருகிறது !

பதிப்புக்கு நன்றி.
ராம்கி.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

must admit , contrary to all our belief , (that JJ has also not done anything to honour our master) she did what others didnot .

excellent speech , showering appreciations to much deserved duo, she vowed that she would get padma awards to the mannargal .
we should appreciate her spirit. and will fail if we do not record our sincere thanks to her .

i am very eagarly awaiting the telecast after reading muralis reeview .

Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Thanks a lot for posting the vivid descriptions of the programme. It brought the programme 'live' before our eyes! Very thoughtful of you all to provide links to the newspaper reports, pictures, etc. It has really gladdened our hearts.
Regards,
Sai Saravanan
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Murali,

Thanks a lot for the coverage . Indeed, it will be a momentous occasionto witness a large group of orchestration live ! MSV-TKR would have been immensely pleased with this arrangement.

What is really appreciable is that the timing of this honouring by Jaya TV Very Happy

I am sure the entire audience would have given a standing ovation to the Masters of melody.

Thanks again.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்பு நண்பர்களே,
நிகழ்ச்சியை நேரில் காணும் வாய்ப்பைப் பெற முடியாத நமது நண்பர்களுக்காக...

ஜெயா டிவியில் விரைவில் வர இருக்கும் ஒரு சிறப்பு நாளிலோ அல்லது விடுமுறை நாளிலோ இவ் விழா ஒளிபரப்பாகவுள்ளது. அநேகமாக செப்டம்புர் 19 விநாயக சதுர்த்தி அன்றைக்கு இடம் பெறலாம்.

இது உறுதியற்ற தகவல்.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a prog on jaya tv at 8 pm ...MSV thirai isai chakaravarthy.......
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reproducing here the mail sent by Mr. Sivasankaran, one of MSV fans who unfortunately still not able to get his authorization for posting in the site.

Dear Murali,

Great to read your detailed posting. I did see the speech of cheif minister in Jaya tv. Anguish of fans, for Msv not being duely recognised was conveyed by Cm quite vehemently. Good to see stalwarts coming in full strength and paying rich tributes to MM. Iam quite sure all Msv fans must be in cloud nine. Did see Mr. Ramkis posting too. Indeed possible for Msv times to conduct a grand programme. We should meet and think on lines of conducting a grand program. I palce my request for forwarding the mail to Msv times.com

With thanks and regards

V Sivasankaran
Sivasankaran..

N Y Murali
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: 22nd Aug.MSV Prog. Reply with quote

To all members,

When I noticed under the Heading 'Announcement" as informed my
the Moderator to my posting and upon clicking I could find no details
of the programme hence I shot a reply. Even now through the link given
I could see the details I was looking for.

r Vasudevan
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vasudevan,
I feel you have a thinking called ' I am always right' syndrome. The reason I asked you to see in the announcement heading is that the thread was already opened long before. Since by the time you had asked for the information I had already made the postings and hence asked you to follow the thread instead of opening a new one for the same subject.

The other thing I want to mention here is that I am not the moderator and a member and MSV fan like you.

N Y Murali
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: The MSV Show on 29th Aug. Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

I was another blessed person to attend the programme on 29th Aug. I should say I was really lucky to get an invitation at the last minute and what a wonderful experience and treat it was to see our Master conducting the 100-pc orchestra.

For the information of those who could not attend the prog, MSV was conducting the orchestra till the time the CM was present and thereafter got down from the stage. At his age, being present on the stage for such a long time (that is taking into account the long time spent over the felicitations) and conducting the orchestra for almost an hour and a half was really great.

Murali, you have almost covered everything about the show. I would just like to add a couple of things: I

n his speech, Mr K Balachander said "இது திரை உலகம் எடுத்திருக்கவேண்டிய விழா. அதை செய்யாததற்கு நாங்கள் வெட்கித் தலை குனிகிறோம். அதே நேரத்தில் இந்த சிறப்பினை செய்ததற்கு முதல்வருக்கு நன்றியை தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறோம்".

Also, an important instrument missing was the Piano. Probably, it would have been due to space constraint. It was good to see the instruments Sarangi and Dilruba being played by two ladies (they were the only lady members in the orchestra).

For the song "நெஞ்சத்தை அள்ளிக் கொஞ்சம் தா தா தா" the whistling was excellently done by actor Y.G.Mahendra. As usual, YGM mentioned "என் நெஞ்சைப் பிளந்தால் ஒரு பக்கம் நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜியையும், மறுபக்கம் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் MSV-யையும் பார்க்கலாம்".

Thanks for the opportunity.

Long live MSV and his mesmerizing music,

VENU SOUNDAR
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSV Show "நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்" that was held at the Nehru indoor stadium on 29.8.12, is to be telecast on Jaya TV on Vinayaka Chaturthi day, Wednesday, 19th Sept '12, from 11 a.m. onwards. Please don't miss it.

Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: