"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments, Suggestions, Questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Comments, Suggestions, Questions Reply with quote

Post your comments, suggestions, questions on MSVTIMES.COM in this section.
suresh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Dear Guru,

First I would like to thank you for hosting a web site for all your great fans like me. It is great that your musics all times is still alive and we are proud that we are living and hearing the music of all time legent MSV.

Thanks
Suresh.
satheesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great privilige to be a part of MSVtimes. It would be great if the website is promoted through the media so that people can be aware of the happenings here and be a part of it.

When there is more visibility for this site, I am sure there would be more members and we can keep the momentum growing.
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Satheesh!

We need to keep the buzz and word spreading about this tribute to the great MSV!!!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gather all the precious info. on how the songs were composed ? how he got inspired to present the tunes ?

His association with Kannadasan / Valee

The greatest combination IMHO was his days with MGR and all the songs are immortal , especially Ulagam sutrum valiban

If someone can sit with him and gather details of how MGR used to extract tunes from him , how the songs were finalised etc , will make oru forum more interesting and worthwhile ! Very Happy

Take for instance, songs like Thanga padhakathin mele ( Engal Thangam ) , Ninaithen vandhai 100 vayadhu ( kaval karan ) , Viziye kadhai ezudhu ( Urimai kural ) , just to name a few are out of the world compositions . Lets get into the root of such songs as to how MGR grilled MSV for those tunes !

All the best for this portal.
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life History of M.S.V" written by Rani Mainthan has a very extensive information about MSV's association with other Artistes in the industry. It also has many rare info on MSV such as how other film personalities adore MSV, list of singers, other composers and many more, which is not commonly available to the world. Rani Mainthan has spent a lot of time and effort with MSV to come-up with this book. Many info in MSVTimes.com has references from this book. I suggest all MSV club members to buy, read and preserve that precious book.

The site will get updated with many such info, as we move forward.
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram wrote:
"Life History of M.S.V" written by Rani Mainthan has a very extensive information about MSV's association with other Artistes in the industry. It also has many rare info on MSV such as how other film personalities adore MSV, list of singers, other composers and many more, which is not commonly available to the world. Rani Mainthan has spent a lot of time and effort with MSV to come-up with this book. Many info in MSVTimes.com has references from this book. I suggest all MSV club members to buy, read and preserve that precious book.

WHERE TO GET THIS BOOK?

SANKARANARAYANAN
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram wrote:

WHERE TO GET THIS BOOK?

SANKARANARAYANAN
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Life History of MSV. Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

As asked by Mr Sankaran, please let us know the address of the publishers, so that we can write to them and arrange to procure this precious book.

Also, I would like to request if it would be possible to post some important and most interesting portions of this book on the site.

With best regards,
Venu Soundar
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Rani Maindhan's Book on MSV! Reply with quote

Dear MSV Club Members,

Here's the address of the publisher of MSV's auto biography penned by Mr. Rani Maindhan

KALAIGNNAN PATHIPAGAM
19, KANNADASAN SALAI
T'NAGAR
CHENNAI 600 017.

PH: 044 2434 5641

Those who are interested in procuring this book, please contact the above address and get it. I spoke to Mr. Ranimaidhan just now and told him about the interest of many of our club members and he was very happy about it.

Thank you Members
Regards
vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vaidy Uncle! Convey my "hi" to Rani Mainthan sir!

The Articles->Artistes Speak section of MSVTimes.com has most of its information from this book. Also in "News Events" section the news link "MSV's life History"has the details of this book release. Please go through these links.

I was present on this great occasion. Illayaraja was there in the occasion and spoke really great about MSV. He has written a big article in that book about MSV's music and how it has influenced him. He has a very good regard for MSV.

This book is a must for any MSV fan!
raghavankannan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Suggestions: Reply with quote

Sir,

your effort about GURU is excellent and we r all enjoying. May i request to get detailed interview from his assistants, Music Director R. Govardhan who has his asst. for more than a decade and share his experience,because he has worked with MSV-TKR, MSV and later on Ilayaraja and others also. We can know the nature of duties of Associates and experience of BGM arranged by GURU and shared the same to other fellow artists and some of memorable recordings etc. Now a days lots of channels have come to share the trend and experience of the existing MDs. But for MSV Perod there was only All India Radio and Vivd Bharathi came later on only. So his experience was exchanged through PESUM PADAM (MONTHLY ISSUE) and AIR Only. If MSV would have the present facilities he would have been world No.1.

Also as requested earlier I am trying to collect the edition of ISAI PALGALAI KAZHAGAM M S VISWANATHAN, If somebody gives the publisher address i wil greateful to them. Since at Trichy I am not getting such good books.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Mellisai Mannarin Isaip Payanam Reply with quote

Dear Ram / Vaidy,

In 2003, a programme titled "Mellisai Mannarin Isaip Payanam" was telecast on Jaya TV. It used to be telecast on Sunday mornings from 9.30 to 10 AM, when important cine personalities used to converse with the Master and extract his views, experiences on various songs, composings, etc. I don't know whether you people had watched that programme. Even if I had other engagements on Sunday mornings, I used to drop them exclusively to watch this programme.

In the first 4 episodes SPB was in conversation with MSV and the next 3 weeks it was YG Mahendran, followed by others including TKR, Naushad and Sivakumar. It was a very interesting programme; but after 12 episodes or so, it was abruptly stopped even without any announcement.

During this programme, they were asking fans to write their questions to MSV saying they will be answered by the Legend. I had sent out a long letter, listing out many questions. But no question of any fan was ever asked during the programme and as I mentioned above, it was abruptly stopped.

I suggest, people like you should take the initiative to continue this programme on one of the TV channels (I would prefer Sun or Jaya, as I am getting only these two channels here - selfish, right? But, for the sake of MSV I have to be selfish, no other way). Instead of making irrelevant personalities to converse with the Master, we should make his own team members like MS Raju, Nanjundaiah, Murugesh & others to talk to him so that they can recollect some of the important events which the Master might have forgotten.

Please look into this very seriously and let me have your comments.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: MSV's Isai Payanam! Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu,

It was this programme thro which only I came to know MSV. As you had pointed out this programme was stopped abrubtly as there were no sponsors. What a pity? After watching one particular episode in which Shri. MSV was talking about his orechestra members, immediately after the programme on Jaya TV, I called MSV on the phone and suggested to him that all those names we have only heard of but why is that such people are never brought in front of the camera. At once MSV was taken by total surprise and that never has anyone suggested to him like this and hence wanted to meet me and what happened later is My Personal History!!! BVy the way I think this programme was telecast on Jaya TV in 2002 if I am right.
Cheers
vaidy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Mellisai Mannarin Isaip Payanam Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

I am amazed to know that you got acquinted with MSV thro this programme only. By the way, it was very much telecast in 2003 only, may be from March '03 onwards. I am absolutely sure about this, as I still have the copy of my letter that I wrote to MSV on this programme, raising several questions to him. The letter is dated 5.5.2003. I will scan that letter to you separately (as it is in Tamil fonts and if I forward it on E-Mail you need to have the support of Murasu Anjal to see it in Tamil fonts and read it). As I had mentioned in my earlier posting, none of the fans' letters were answered by MSV in that programme. So, I am afraid that the letters were not shown to him at all.

What about my suggestion to continue this programme? I mean a programme on the lines of "Mellisai Mannarin Isaip Payanam", where his old team members can converse with him and bring to light a lot of interesting information behind some of his great compositions, which fans like us may still not know.

I await your (and Ram's) views.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: