"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ingenuity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Ingenuity Reply with quote

Dear friends,
If there is something exclusive to MSV [with which possibly none can hope to compete] it is his ingenuity which chooses to be indigenous as well. One can go on at length to substantiate this contention with indisputable examples. Truly those have never been for the sake of it. All of them have indeed strengthened the lyric , the mood, the value of the visual and above all in driving the story.

Three major elements are integral to MSV's composition.

1. Utmost importance to lyric expression

2. The 'best fit' opening and seamless orchestration that looks most natural, free-flowing and in a brilliant blend of notes, instruments and percussion.

3. An absolutely careful assembly where orchestral elements recede allowing the voices to lead the song and resume prominence in interludes.

These are standard protocols that MSV specialized, perfected and patented for his compositions. Without sacrificing these 'quality determinants', MSV has used the song domains to display his majesty and authenticity as a composer. He has never permitted any other influence to dabble with the lyrical relevance in a movie situation.

For him it has always been reverence to the lyric than to any gimmick reminding his presence.

How he has precisely exploited singer voices is another chapter in his career.
Let us try to look at those features. It is my respect for his compositions that compel me to write though I am not well -endowed to analyse music nuances.

Hope my effort triggers similar appraisals from friends.

THIS SERIES WOULD BEGIN SOON ; I INVITE ALL FRIENDS TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR PERCEPTIONS.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
I do not know if I understood your writing well...will it be wrong to add another aspect,a fourth dimension, i.e., the choice of voices and the their careful integration into every song? Felt that I should ask you if this could also be one of his hallmarks in all his compositions.
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Articles and writings ... Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai Saravanan,
I have clearly expressed that 'how MSV exploited voice of singers is a SEPARATE CHAPTER in MSV's career'. It can never be ignored. Since this is a thread, you can right away start on voice selection and proceed .Others can add what they want to. After all we want varied perceptions to adore our forum.
Thank you K.Raman Madurai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: