"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The lull
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: The lull Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Notwithstanding any claims of maturity and level-headed sober attitude of our forum friends, we have somehow come under a grip of suspicious silence. There is also an inadvertent polarisation. At the mere mention of names, some of us take sides. Undoubtedly, we are the losers.

Let our friends not mistake me of offering sermons.

After all who am I to don such role? I am no bigger than any other member. Completely aware of my limits and limitations, it just occurred to me that the current impasse needs to be put to an end, lest we should keep looking for slenderest of leads to pick some dispute or the other.

In the melee we have withdrawn into shells of discomfort, with fond hopes that let someone make a posting and we can respond if needed.

Are we the same group who had time for portraying the compositional glories of MM MSV? Have we not drifted far off the median? Have we lost our zeal for those mesmerizing compositions of MM?

It is high time that the moderator[s] stepped in to spell out our forum's plans for the immediate future - be it of the site itself or of our public programmes other than of the conduct of Anniversary some time in Nov-Dec. At this juncture I intend making it clear that I am not finding fault.

In the long silence from moderators, the site appears directionless, besides running adrift.

As a member, my present feeling is our friends must bury differences deep and keep bringing out the fine elements in MSV songs so that there is better delight in visiting the forum.

I trust our friends recognize the spirit of the suggestion. If anyone has any suggestion, please post it here so that better days blossom in the near future.

Also, we must start new threads to break the melancholy and silence in one stroke. Best wishes.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: speak to Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Baskar,
We do understand that emotions are a part of human life and expressing them is all the more human.Please do not tender apology, for,everyone is entitled to views. Every opinion expressed is just a feeling and as far as I know no opinion is superior to another. The question of seeking or tendering apology does not arise so long as we accept the democratic norm of 'freedom of expression'; besides there have been no un-parliamentary outbursts. As you have said 'burying the hatchet' is the best option and a natural panacea to bring all of us out of the emotional tangle if any. The best approach is to analyze MM's grandeur and leave the rest.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor and friends,
My heartfelt thanks for yet another noble effort of bringing back fond memories into our forum. I remember that there were a few stalwarts who were contributing frequently when I first came across this site. After watching for sometime, hesitantly I approached for a small place and was granted one, after a few weeks, by the moderator. Thereafter, I was happily reading lots of older threads and reliving the golden days when you woke us all up to contribute with your message to break the lull. The habit took a long time to pick speed. It is difficult for people like me, of course, to contribute regularly with not so much knowledge of classical music, or the lyrics, etc. All that kept people like me interested were MM's songs. Just his songs and music...We still hope to discover more and more pearls and gems as we dive in the ocean called MM. We really discover mysterious gems, soothing our soul all the time!! We will try and write more about these gems, however insignificant and little they may be, but gems they are as they emerge from this timeless ocean. The only request is that we always want excellent 'boatmen' like you and other seniors to show the 'way'.
Thanks Sir,
Sai Saravanan
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
Outburst is a reaction for provocation. If there is no provocation no issues. Claiming supremacy leads to all sorts of misunderstandings.

You may be aware I have quit as moderator, but continuing as a member for time being. As a fan of MM, I deem it to take his compositions to the next generation as my foremost contribution. Analyses will take its course. Give them the raw material. I am doing only that thing. My foremost task is unearthing very very rare songs as well as various versions of the popular numbers, as you might have observed as a senior member.

When there is emotional exchange of words the response is instant as may be seen in the concerned threads. Whereas the soul of the forum lies in the section Songs composed by Mellisai Mannar. Do people take it the same way as to other threads where they respond spontaneously?

How many songs have received responsive posts from members. Many compositions of 80s might not have been heard even by senior members. MM's energy continues till now and his songs of 80s need special attention and analysis. I have given so many songs in the 1980s but how far has it reached?

This shows our friends are more interested in claiming supremacy than analysing MSV's songs.That's what I come to conclude, at least.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Speak to Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai Saravanan and Mr.Ragasudha,

Thank you very much for expressing your views on the postings and the d[e]riviing force there of . If inadequacy in knowledge about music is a handicap [to make frequent postings], then truly I am the senior most handicap. Slowly, I have come to realize the dimensions of my handicap. I should also admit that my 'half-baked ' status has indeed emboldened me to express ideas frequently. These thoughts of mine are kindled when you call me a 'boatman' in your exploratory efforts.

My recent posting on 'lull' was just a sincere attempt to get back the lively moments of analysis -earlier typical to our forum. It was the sole intention. I did not mean to do it as a smart exercise of outwitting anyone else.
I am fully conscious that I cannot afford the luxury of imagining supremacy or knowledge in any sphere , more so in territories of music. I am quite aware that we have an enviable galaxy of analysts who can painlessly rip apart music to its last atom and beyond.

Perhaps it is hurting for them to assume level playing field with lesser mortals. Still, my effort was to somehow make the place comfortable for all so that when experts come along, the unfortunate lesser mortals can stand the benefit at least to the extent of each individual's capacity to assimilate. So, kindly do not imagine special attributes in me. If such an impression has crept in, I deem it my duty to tell here and now that I am among the novice pathetically looking for some source to learn from.
Nothing more.

I would just be happy if we get going just for the joy of it.
I trust my position is clear ; hope our friends give their best to educate fellow travelers.

ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
Thank you for your kind and prompt response. I find it sometimes difficult to express my views in English hence writing in Tamil. Pls excuse.

தங்களைப் போன்ற விஷயம் தெரிந்த ஞானிகளுடன் பழகுவதை எனக்கு கிடைத்த பெரிய பாக்கியமாகக் கருதுகிறேன். ஏற்கெனவே நான் கூறியிருந்தது போல் சிலருடைய அதி மேதாவித்தனமான பதிவுகள் தங்களைத் தவிர மற்றவர்கள் அனைவரும் அறிவிலிகள் என்கிற மனப்பான்மையுடன் தொனித்தது மிகவும் மன வருத்தத்தை அளித்தது தான் காரணம். இங்கு ஒவ்வொருவரும் அவரவருடைய பல்வேறு அலுவல்களுக்கிடையே தங்களுக்குக் கிடைத்த நேரத்தை நம் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பாடல்களைப் பற்றியும் அவருடைய சிறப்புகளைப் பற்றியும் படிக்கவும் எழுதவும் நேரத்தை செலவிடுகிறார்கள். அது மட்டுமின்றி புதிய தலைமுறைகளை சேர்ந்தவர்கள் பலர் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்களாக உருவாகி வருகிறார்கள். அவர்களை நாம் இரு கரம் கூப்பி வரவேற்று அவர்களுக்கு மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் சிறப்புகளை எடுத்தியல்வது நமது கடமையாக நான் கருதுகிறேன். பலர் அவருடைய இசையை வாசிக்கவும் மிகவும் ஆவலாய் இருக்கிறார்கள். அவர்களை நாம் ஊக்குவித்தால் தான் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையிலுள்ள நுணுக்கங்கள் மேலும் மேலும் பல தலைமுறைகளை சென்றடையும். இதில் ஏற்படக் கூடிய சில சிரமங்கள் புதிய முயற்சிகளில் சில தோல்வியடைய காரணமாக இருக்கலாம், சில நன்றாகவும் அமையலாம். இிவையெல்லாம் காலப் போக்கில் சரி செய்யக் கூடியவை. அதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இசையமைத்த படங்களில் பெரும்பாலானவை நமக்கு நெடுந்தகடு வடிவில் கிடைக்கின்றன. நம்மில் எத்தனை பேர் அவற்றை சேகரிக்கிறார்கள் என்பது தெரியவில்லை. இருந்த போதும் நம்மில் உறுப்பினர்களல்லாத லட்சக்கணக்கான மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்கள் அவற்றை சேகரித்து வருகிறார்கள். அப்படி ஒரிஜினல்கள் நம்மிடம் இருக்கும் போது நமக்கு கவலை இல்லை.

நமக்குப் பிறகும் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் சிறப்புகள் மக்களிடம் சென்றடைய வேண்டும் என்கிற எண்ணம் நமக்கு இருக்குமானால் அதற்கு உதவக் கூடிய எந்த உபாயங்களையும் நாம் நிராகரிக்கக் கூடாது. அதுதான் நம்முடைய முதல் கடமை. இவற்றையெல்லாம் கவனத்தில் கொள்ளாமல் மனம் போன போக்கில் ஒவ்வொருவரும் அதிகப் பிரசங்கித்தனமாக தங்கள் கருத்துக்களை வெளியிடும் போது தான் கருத்துக்கள் உணர்ச்சிகளுக்கு அடிமையாகின்றன.

இவற்றைப் பற்றி மேலும் விரிவாக எழுத விருப்பமே. ஆனால் நேரம் இடம் கருதி இத்துடன் முடித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.

அன்புடன்
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV's music comes from nature through his heart. I strongly believe that because of this he might not have been consciously aware of what is happening. It is because of this factor his music goes in to the heart of the listener. The listener may be musically knowledgeable or not which does not matter.

Here see the situation. The composer and the listener are creating and enjoying the music without knowledge. The composer in this case though knowledgeable yet because it all happens subconsciously is unaware of what is happening.

The work of analyzing etc happens when the song is heard over many times and studied in detail. The same person cannot form a rule for a future composition of MSV. He can only tell the past. That also will be one of the perception but it has to be logically cohesive and can be provable with other similar examples.

So enjoyment is important whether you have the knowledge or not. But knowledge grows with the association of ours.

I can firmly state that my knowledge level increased multi fold because of the friends like you.

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: HIDDEN AGENDA Reply with quote

Dear All,

While all of us are basking under the glory of the Legend & HIS Creations, one member seems to be totally perturbed and goes on indulging in character assassination. Time & again he has been writing about himself I guess (with all his big vocabulary in Tamizh) and wish to thank him from the bottom of my heart for being so open and accepting to the fact of what he is!!!

This is a forum for only Shri. Shri. MSV and I think the more we write about him, the better for the site. Last but not the least, let us not use this site to propagate the glory of others for, we would fail in our mission completely.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

நான் எழுதியது பொதுவான கருத்துத் தான். யாரையும் குறிப்பிட்டு எழுதுவதில்லை. இன்றைய நிலவரம் பொதுவாக இருப்பதைத் தான் எழுதியிருக்கிறேன். அதற்கு சிலர் என்மீது தங்கள் கோபத்தைக் காட்டுகிறார்கள். கருத்து வேற்றுமை என்பது இல்லாமல் இருக்காது. தங்கள் கருத்தைத் திணிக்க முற்படும் போது தான் உணர்ச்சி மோதல்களுக்கு காரணங்கள் ஏற்படுகின்றன. எந்த ஒரு அணுகுமுறையிலும் இரு வேறு விதங்கள் இரு வேறு நிலைகள் இருக்கும். ஒருவர்க்கு சரியென்று தோன்றுவது மற்றவர்க்குத் தவறென்று தோன்றலாம். தன் கருத்தை மற்றவர்கள் மீது திணிப்பது, தன் கருத்தை ஏற்காதவர்களை இழி சொல்லில் ஏசுவது இவற்றை யாராலும் ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள முடியாது. அதற்கு பதில் சொல்லத் தான் வேண்டி வரும்.

குறிப்பிட்டு கர்ணன் திரைப்படத்தை சொல்ல வேண்டிய. அவசியம் என்ன. இப்போது பிரச்சினை கர்ணன் படமா அல்லது மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையினைக் கையாளும் விதமா என்பதே. கர்ணன் படத்தின் புதிய இசையை நான் ஆதிரித்தேன் என்று உங்கள் யாரிடமாவது நான் கூறினேனா. தங்கள் தவறான யூகங்களுக்கு என்னை ஏன் இழுக்கிறீர்கள். புதிய முயற்சிகளில் ஈடுபடும் போது அவற்றை வரவேற்பதும் வரவேற்காததும் அவரவர்களுடைய விருப்பம். புதிய முயற்சிகளை நாங்கள் வரவேற்க மாட்டோம் என்று சொல்லுங்கள். அது உங்களுடைய உரிமை. ஆனால் தங்கள் கருத்துக்கு மாற்றுக் கருத்துடையோரை விமர்சிப்பது எந்த வகையில் நியாயம். தங்களைத் தவிர மற்றவர்களுக்கு மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பேரில் விசுவாசம் இல்லை என்பதைப் போல் எழுதுவதை எப்படி ஏற்றுக் கொள்வது. இது தான் பிரச்னை.

மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்களில் உயர்ந்தவர்கள் தாழ்ந்தவர்கள், என்பது இல்லை. இந்த தளத்தில் இல்லாத படிப்பறிவு இல்லாத ஆனால் மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்காக உயிரையும் கொடுக்கத் தயாராக இருக்கும் கோடிக் கணக்கான ரசிகர்கள் உலகெங்கும் உள்ளார்கள் என்பது நமக்கு நினைவில் இருக்க வேண்டும். நாம் மட்டுமே அவருக்காக உழைக்கிறோம் என்கிற மனப்பான்மை இருப்பது தான் எல்லா மன வேற்றுமைக்குக் காரணம். எனக்கு யார் மீதும் கோபம் இல்லை. கருத்துக்களுக்கு பதில் கூறுவதைத் தவிர யாரையும் விரோதிகளாகவோ எதிரிகளாகவோ நான் நினைத்தது இல்லை. மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் புகழைப் பரப்புவதில் எனக்கென்று தனி பாணியை நான் கடைப்பிடிக்கிறேன். அதில் மற்றவர்களுக்கு மாற்றுக் கருத்து இருக்கலாம் என்பதை உணராதவனில்லை.

நான் ஏற்கெனவே சொன்னது போல் எனக்கு ஆங்கிலப் புலமை இல்லை. ஆங்கிலத்தில் மறைமுகமாக மற்றவர்களை சாடும் புலமையும் இல்லை. எனக்குத் தெரிந்ததெல்லாம் எம்.எஸ்.வி. அவர்களின் இசையை அடுத்த தலைமுறைக்கு எடுத்துக் கூறுவது மட்டும் தான்.

அன்புடன்
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raghavendran,

The biggest problem with you is that you always and by allways trying to bring Sivaji Ganesan somewhere or other here either through emotional issues or some unlinked unwarranted discussions.

Pls be absolutely clear that this Website is mainly dedicated to MSV and you were also playing the role of some moderator or administrator ?? It now looks like you were not clear on your role play here ?

Look..... its not that you are the only greatest fan of Nadigar Thilagam... like what you had mentioned just now about millions of MSV illiterate fans, for NT also there are plenty and silent too.....And its not just Sivaji...even if some MGR movie is converted to modern technology and if someone sees a demolition of MSV's works , there will be a spontaneous reaction.....so, there is no bias on any particular name.....

However, as a MSV fan who has SOME BASIC INTUTION ON MUSIC will definitely get WILD when he sees ONE OF THE GREATEST COMPOSITION LIKE KARNAN GETTING TARNISHED .........this is a natural reaction .....it doesnt mean that the MSV fan is abusing Sivaji Ganesan or his movies.............

You better come out of that emotional blackmailing through Sivaji AND TALK MORE ABOUT MSV here......

This is my humble request to you..... Dont again get into needless arguments and counter arguments.........

As you were also a moderator, pls dont get into any personal attack either directly or indirectly....Else , its a disgrace to moderatorship.....

Despite so many hubbers pleading you to cool down, you continue to pour venom needlessly......

Pls accept by request and remain a neutral hubber and write more about MSV......

Now pls dont get into any argument with me and lets not extend this thread any longer.... Prof. had created this thread with a sincere objective to restore normaly and peace within the members.....so, lets give respect to his concern... Smile
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Lull turning into loll Reply with quote

Dear Friends
It has been laid clear and bare that 'for no tangible reasons' sides have been taken on the mere belief by everyone that ''I know it better". IN THE PROCESS ,OUR EMOTIONS BETTER OR BITTER HAVE COME INTO AN AMALGAM, that segregating one from the other looks just impossible. The best option before us is to cast away the recent past and look ahead to come out with our appreciation of MSV's compositions. Vituperation and counter rebuttals invite more prompt and more caustic expressions. Therefore, from now on let logic prevail among us. Should someone deviate, it is his or her fate.After all, to exercise moderation, only our taste matters and I am sure we abound in the same. In a small way I am happy that we are more participative now and let us take it positively ahead.
LET SOMEONE START A NEW THREAD , SO THAT WE ARE BACK TO OUR TRADITION.
WARM REGARDS K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
I have clearly explained my position and it is left to the others to take it in right spirit or not. Somebody have gone to the extreme of pointing fingers on me. If they derive some happiness from this, ok, let them do. Let me stop here.

As desired, an interesting and curious thread has been started. Old Magazine/ Newspaper cuttings on Mellisai Mannar.

Mellisai Mannar's official first film was released in December 1952 and this year 60 years will be completed since then, though he has been working much before that. Many of us will be curious to have a glimpse of old newspaper / magazine pages covering Mellisai Mannargal. This thread will see such rare images. I propose to upload whatever collection I have in due course. To start with, our dear friend N.Y. Murali has forwarded a few pages from Pesum Padam magazine (probably in end of 1960, because the details of issue is not known, may be he will explain) and I request you to visit that thread.

http://msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12907#12907

You will be happy to see more images of paper cuttings in future.

Raghavendran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Speak to Reply with quote

Dear Ragasudha,
My earnest appreciation and sincere thanks for your sportive participation with delightful recall of magazine data.

I have an entire issue of "GEMINI CINEMA" DATED 1982 , COMPLETELY DEVOTED TO SRI. MSV where in nearly all bigwigs of the then TF have contributed pieces, including the likes of Bagyaraj and Vairamuthu.

If you can send me your postal address , I can send photocopy of the issue[sorry, I can't part with the original. If you feel original would help us better than xerox pages, I seek an assurance that the original would be returned to me after availing of all the data]. If sharing your address in forum is not a favourable suggestion ,please avail of my e-mail id
maduraman@rediffmail.com. Please note there is no 'h' in my mail id.
Thank you for your services to our forum.
Warm regards. K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: