"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KANNADASAN -VISWANATHAN -INDEPENDENTLY BORN TWINS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: KANNADASAN -VISWANATHAN -INDEPENDENTLY BORN TWINS Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I deem it fit to call them twins because to the best of my limited knowledge on TFM, no other pair has churned out such a variety, depth and natural flair that so ably blended with the movie situation as to assume perpetual youth and immortalitry in one stroke. People may launch a defence that that 'later movie-makers' did not offer the scope for such ventures. My polite reminder to all such defendents is, even the likes of AVM, KB, Muktha did not venture such efforts, fully seized of the suffocating limitations of the existing craftsmen. These veterans chose to stay contended with 'all too basic' cacaphony in the name of songs. It is not my figment of imagination with which I try to to eulogize the duo KD, MSV. I recall here what some of these men opined on different occasions.
AVM Saravanan on the occasion of the book release function said "in those days MSV used to sit tight in a composing session baling out any number of tunes until all stake holders were convinced of the product. But nowadays we donot know when and where the items are composed ; we just receive the CD [indirectly he meant -we have no say on the product].
Look at what Ilayaraja said on the occasion of Piano concert by MSV's troupe in chennai museum theatre, soon after he heard "malaippozhudhin mayakkaththile". He said "a song that applies to generations of human life has a value to stay immortal and that the tune that brings the real emotion of the lyric is music. His reference was to the difference in notes between 'malai ppozhudhin' and mayakkaththilE' where MSV has delightfully squeezed the emotions of the lyric and listener alike. He went on to add 'what reward -- a fitting reward could ever be given to MSV" A passive reference to the paramount qualities of MSV's works and a silent submission of the view that his prowess stays unsurpassed.
So, friends add to the thread whatever delights you have up your sleeves so that we all duly enjoy the true value of supremacy.
More would follow.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Camp:NAVI MUMBAI
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The noble traits of these men (or 'twins'!) have fostered a healthy environment in bringing to limelight many a new lyricist. Poets like Vaali's initiation and growing strength never brought any outward show of disrespect or quarrel between them, but made themselves richer with friendliness, accommodation of all, compassion for the needy poets-however small they would have been, and affection towards other lyricists and musicians. Legend has it that Kannadasn humorously pleaded for work from MM after a seemingly long hiatus, with a legendary song 'Viswanathan velai venum..' which we are so well aware of. Their friendship has demonstrated that knowledge, like love and affection, is to be shared, and there is enough opportunity for everyone in this world if we let others live and share!

It is a great start to this evergreen topic, Sir!

Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: KD, MSV independently born twins Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The reference to "KN" number 'ViswanAthan vElai vENum' recalls connected episodes. True that KD was in dire need of money and was willing to pen down any number of pieces and collect his purse from Sridhar; but as his luck would have it, what ever the duo did, did not convince Sridhar of the ideal value for a song.Fatigued , they resorted to News paper where on that day the name of the former US President Eisenhover had figured. MSV being oblivious of worldly things was suddenly attracted by the 'not-so- common ' name. He started muttering 'Eisenhover oola lala,Eisenhover oola lala' and KD picked the note and penned 'ViswanAthan vElai vENum'. A baffled SRIDHAR POUNCED BACK TELLING 'THIS IS WHAT I WANTED' In minutes, the whole lot of Charanams were pouring from KD and in no time MSV set the tune.Interestingly, only subsequently Sridhar named Baliah's character as Viswanathan in that ever green Kadhalikka neramllai. Such was the co-ordination in moviedom then.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman, camp: Navi Mumbai.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

excellant coining of words independently born twins -the musical treasure they have given to the TFM , is unparallel , and unbeatable .
As long as Tamil music is heard by one , their creation will stay , i am sure
GODS GIFT TO tfm

WREGDS
VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: