"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

duet - play back singers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: duet - play back singers Reply with quote

[color=green][/color]

In my opinion MSV has used or engaged maximum no.of pair of play back singers for duet which no other composers have tried.

TMS-Sushila
TMS-Janaki
TMS-LEELA
TMS-LR Eswari,

PBS-susila
PBS-janaki
PBS-eswari

JB chandrababu-LR Eswari

Sizkali-susila
sizkali-LR esweari

The list still goes on as I would have missed some more combination.

In the film ALAYAMANI for the song
kalallam maanickam kal auguma
TMS has sung with LR Eswari just humming without uttering a word
and this has gone record as a duet. A unique duet.

A rare kind of feat I would say.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: articles Reply with quote

Dear Friend,
In a duet, one member's role could be humming or interjecting with wordless utterances.
For instances
'nAn nandri solvEn' PS MSV , MSV keeps the gusto with terminal adds as aha ha ha, lalala etc.
'pAlirukkum pazhamirukkum' PS, MSV In this song too MSV peps up with his huhoom huhum as terminal additives.
'mAlai sodum maNa nAL' PS, MSV ;here also MSV joins the fray to wind up the final pallavi singing parallel with PS, only the notes as hum hu hoohum huhum much like an intimate shadow that follows in real time.
'VeeNai pEsum' "VAzhvu en pakkam" KJJ, BSS where BSS hums at the end of the song in polite concurrence potraying a dumb girl's expressions.
'pottu vaiththa mugamO' SPB, B V where BV's rendition of 'lala lala la la' right away lifted the song to heavens in addition to the youthful voice of SPB.
There are several such cases where MSV registered authentic stamp of novelty. SO, YOUR REFERENCE TO A PARTICULAR SONG AS UNIQUE , may be respected as an example for MSV's unique style in duet class but not as a unique example. I appreciate your keenness to bring out such pieces, as they initiate the readers' thought.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Camp: Navi Mumbai
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof
Among the humming duet the special ,i consider are
vellikinnanthhan from uyarntha manthan - tms sings and Ps hums . the point to note Ps was the top and no 1 female singer , who comes to sing only humming (she won her national award for another hit from same movie.of course )shows the concerned involvement and singers belief that MSvs judgement will not go wrong .

similarly tms has hummed for another song with
ps singing the song -but i am not recollecting at present .
another interesting duet is

ninaithaaley innikum - spb -sj - sj hums for entire song but for a last liner

wregds
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Articles... Reply with quote

Dear Mr vk,
Thank you for the extra pieces on the topic. Actually, what I posted was in response to Mr Vasudevan on the topic. Your posting has added further and this is what we need on any topic. Thank you again.
Warm regards K.Raman Camp: Navi Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: