"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV THIRUMBI PAARKKIREN JAYA TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof 9and Balaji and Murali),
By revelation, I meant revelation to the public at large. SMS shared the truth with Jupiter Somu and it might have been known to a few in the film circles. (It was great of SMS, no doubt, to have accepted something which should have been somewhat embarrassing to him.) But the public at large, which include people like me who had no access to inside information, Visweswaran's interview in Kumudam was the first disclosure and the way Kumudam flashed this info definitely made it sound like a scoop. It was only after this,disclosure by Visweswaran, MSV himself started mentioning this fact, perhaps first in his 13-week program in Doordharshan, sometime in the eighties or early nineties.

As I have already said, SMS was a composer in his own right. I can add some more good numbers like 'Kannil vandhu minnal pol,' 'kanavin maayyaa logaththile' etc. His Aasaimugam numbers like 'neeyaa illai naanaa' 'naaloru medai pozhuthoru nadippu' are especially refreshing. (these could be examples of Professor's mention about MSV's influence on SMS.) There are other good numbers like, 'kaasethaan kadavuladaa,' 'neeye oru neram sollu' and a few more from some of AVM Rajan's films.

But with due respect to the judgement of others, I keep my reservations about 'Singaara velane' which is a masterpiece that could have been created only by MSV or KVM.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SRS sir,

Very thoughtful post Very Happy True that in the 50s and 60s, without a classical music background, noone could have survived because it was such an era of MKT / MS/ G.Ramanathan .

Thanks for bringing to light the Kuyilosai vellum ! a beautiful song

Banumathy's ever famous ' Unnai azaithadhu yaaro ' is a melody at its best !

Parthavi sir,

Konjum salangai was released in the 60s... by then MSV already became an established composer along with TKR and was too busy , do you still feel that Singara velane was his product ?
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,

I don't intend to prolong this debate. But to clarify your point about the period - I am aware that when Konjum Salangai was released (or being produced), MSV was on his own with TKR. In fact, this has happened much earlier, around 1955. But if SMS had wanted to give an excellent song and sought MSV's help, MSV would have readily obliged.

SRS, I am not questioning SMS's knowledge of classical music. But I feel.... I apologize for my temerity to differ with stalwarts!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: how to register Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Parthavi,
Why should you apologise to anyone for anything.Afterall we are a forum of alert minds trying to share perceptions. In theproces, we try to substantiate view points based on what we have heard/ known/ read, just to recall some of the forgotten episodes. It is painful to hear any one tendering apology. None of us is superior to any one else. All we do is just exchange and if in the process we try to cite cross references, let us remember that it is a mere attempt of providing evidence. Nothing more.
Let us keep fighting with mutual respect as always our fights are innocuous with only the objective of staying analytical.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you professor.

I said that since I didn't want to sound adamant. I thought the word 'apologize' will sound lighter in the context, just like saying, 'I am sorry to differ with you but....'

I am sorry that you felt painful but I am not going to apologize, since I know that you would understand!

Thank you again for your understanding and upholding the objectivity and dignity of the process of sharing our views.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: