"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padma Awards 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Padma Awards 2011 Reply with quote

[quote]Dear MSViars
Today Padma awards list is out--I have to vent the pain in the corner of my heart somewhere--I am not sure whether I am posting at the the right thread even--But MSV not figuring in the list even for a padma shrii is unforgivable--
What aggravated the agony is the head lines that Hindi music director Khayyam is awarded Padma Bhushan--He hardly scored music for 30 to 40 films with limited songs of quality unduly praised high--A genius scoring over 1000 films in all south Indian languages is not even acknowledged with a padma shri-?- Even the much hyped Oscar Rahman is yet to scale even one tenth of height what MSV reached
Of course in Nira Radia era you cannot expect awards without lobbying
My real wish is that someday Padma award should be given to MSV to be followed by his rejection--For these awards dustbin is the right destination

Painfully yours
SRS[/quote]

Dear SRS,
It's indeed a pity on the Indian government to overlook the contribution of Mellisai Mannar.
1952ல் முறையாக பணம் திரைப்படத்தின் மூலம் இசையமைப்பாளராக தன் திரையுலக பயணத்தைத் தொடங்கினார் மெல்லிசை மன்னர். கிட்டத்தட்ட 60 ஆண்டுகளாக தொடர்ந்து பயணித்துக் கொண்டுள்ளார்.
அளப்பரிய சாதனைகளை செய்துள்ள மெல்லிசை மன்னரை இந்திய நாடு அங்கீகரிப்பது இருக்கட்டும், தமிழகம் என்ன செய்தது.

இதில் குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது என்ன வென்றால் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் முதல் படத்தில் அவருடன் பணியாற்றியவர் கலைஞர் மு. கருணாநிதி அவர்கள். அவர்தான் செய்ய முடியும். அதுவும் பாரத ரத்னா போன்ற உயரிய விருதை மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்கு அளித்து அந்த விருது பெருமை பெற வேண்டும்.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TN Govt. has instituted MS Subbhulakshmi award from this year. This award has been given to Ilayaraja. It would have been appropriate if the first award had been given to MSV, considering at least his seniority. IR could have been given this award next year. But then with elections coming, the TN Govt. seems to have been in a hurry to honour IR. Apparently IR was unhappy that he was not given the chance to compose the theme song for the Classical Tamil Conference, despite his having been close to the CM, at least during the last few years and he seems to have been placated. Recently the CM said (during the release of the anthology of 1000 poems by Vairamuthu, when both MSV and ARR were on the stage) that MDs ,while composing music, should ensure that the lyrics are heard clearly fin the song. But the one person who took immense pains to do this has not even been taken notice of!
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by the standards set for these awards, they seem unsuitable to grace our MM. I too scanned the newspaper in some child-like curiosity, but then told myself that I need to transcend the material realm of these awards. Our master does not need these, but the awards need him. Let us be realistic and proud of him!
Sai Saravanan
Vatsan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

Yes, repeated show of ignorance or callousness or both. Lets just pray and hope and MSV's spirits are not dampened in any way. Let us also pray and hope that MSV gets the highest Padma Award ever awarded to any film composer, next year. This is not to placate the discontent in me as a fan of MSV's but only to quench the unconscious desire that may sprouted up in MSV's mind as he knew that some work was happening in this regard this year.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

i am sure all of us are aware by now , the awards are not given for which its instituted , but to please , and get milage out of awards .

MSV ,however talented in his field , unfortunately , not good enough to "work for awards "

when the state government, headed by Mr karunanithi ,is not considering to recommend his name - what to say .

his film company , is still earning royalties , on tunes composed by him .

but still he is not remembering --
what surprises me , how spb gets every award (i am not underestimating him ) probably andhra govt backing him up .
i do not wish MSV any award and be little himself .

let us consolidate and institute an award in his name , and give to the best music director , every year during our anniversary .
hope all of you agree with me .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Articles Reply with quote

Dear vk
How can there be another best music director that too every year? May be it is a form of registering our protest over the callous indifference of political outfits. Let us not waste our resources and energy on these non-entities.
Warm regards. Prof.K.R Madurai,
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Articles Reply with quote

madhuraman wrote:
Dear vk
How can there be another best music director that too every year? May be it is a form of registering our protest over the callous indifference of political outfits. Let us not waste our resources and energy on these non-entities.
Warm regards. Prof.K.R Madurai,

there is no comparison between MM and others .
what i meant was best among others .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: