"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOOKING AT LIFE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: LOOKING AT LIFE Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

It augurs well to bringout short pieces of some topics of value to our day -to-day life. Each topic can relate to some definite aspect like 'memory', 'nostalgia', Education, 'learning strategies' small references to health disorders and 'managing them' etc, besides items that may come to mind. It will, to some extent enhance the utility of our site especially by way of vital tips.
As of now, it is just a suggestion to consider if our friends are agreeable to the proposal. Let it be clear that any member of our forum with such ideas/ items can contribute under this thread.
I am confident that we can prove worthy by looking at items of improving our personal profile as knowledgeable citizens in socially relevant concepts.
I am not forcing my views on our friends.
If all of you feel, it can be tried, I shall open out.
If someone feels it is out of place, I would appreciate the frankness and keep off the very thought.
Kindly post your valued opinion about the proposal.
Awaiting your response

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prof

please explain in detail .

do you mean that we can share our views on any topical interest in the form of article or poem .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: looking at life Reply with quote

Dear Mr Bhaskar,
The idea is to avail of the thread to bring for discussion /narration , specific items of value for life and if possible suggest essential methods of handling specific items like 'mind, memory, disorders. medical setbacks' etc. Poems may be thought of, if they can help improving our day-to-day activities at work or home or helping children in their studies. It should basically be a non-cinema domain. But, so far no response is noticed. Probably none wants them.

Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain, but not mine

Wonderful chill evening it was

With breeze covers body canvas

At sudden strike of lightning

Matured though but frightening

Somewhere a drop on body

What its origin guess nobody

With lights on now could see rain play

What a game, it’s ours a foul play

How beauty to be in rain

Worries go like quick drain

Trees, birds everything shiver

But happiness there mentally ever

Down pour loves equality

Falling everywhere in totality

Every drop counts vitality

What we have in our capacity?

We need rains for all our gains

Homeless are there full of pains

Before we run helter skelter

Should not we give loving shelter?

Baskar C.S.

17 Ramarao Road

Mylapore

Chennai 4

98410-33888

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
From <csbaskar@eth.net>
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 03:46:43 GMT
To s.chandramouli@rane.co.in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain, but not mine

Wonderful chill evening it was

With breeze covers body canvas

At sudden strike of lightning

Matured though but frightening

Somewhere a drop on body

What its origin guess nobody

With lights on now could see rain play

What a game, it’s ours a foul play

How beauty to be in rain

Worries go like quick drain

Trees, birds everything shiver

But happiness there mentally ever

Down pour loves equality

Falling everywhere in totality

Every drop counts vitality

What we have in our capacity?

We need rains for all our gains

Homeless are there full of pains

Before we run helter skelter

Should not we give loving shelter?

Baskar C.S.

17 Ramarao Road

Mylapore

Chennai 4

98410-33888

Copyright © 2006 TATA Communications. All rights reserved.
Click here for the Terms of Service | Anti Spam Policy | Privacy Policy | FAQ's.
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear professor,
I think your suggestion is well thought out. It offers great possibilities, This thread can be interesting to the readers and fulfilling to the contributors. Perhaps, it may take time for the waters to flow through this channel.
Mr. Bhaskar has already come out with an effusive poem.
I am sharing an experience:

The value of commitment:

Some of you might have heard about the theatre personality Na.Muthusamy. He runs an institution called kooththup pattaRai. He uses the traditional form of Therukkooththu to present modern themes. He has also presented a couple of dramas based on puraanaas. He is one person accepted by all literary critics swearing by modernism and shunning traditional forms of literature, drama, music and other arts.

This happened sometime in the late nineties. KooththupaataRai was performing plays in a small theatre (appropriately named Sitrarangam), in the Island Grounds, Chennai (where the annual tourist trade fair is held from Jan to March) There was very little advertisement.

On a particular day, I went for a drama called 'Niraparaathigalin kaalam.' This was based (translated with some minor adaptations) on a German play called 'The Guilt of the Guiltless.' I think the ticket was Rs.10 (could have been Rs.5, but not more than Rs.10) There were only two spectators on that day. (Na.Muthusamy himself was selling the tickets.)

But the play was started at the scheduled time of 6.30 pm. It was quite long, running for a little longer than two hours. Thee were no seats. The two of us were sitting on the meadow inside the arangam. The special feature of this play was that there would be about ten people on the stage most of the time. So, ten people were performing and two were watching! No other patron joined us that day. But the actors performed with full involvement and enthusiasm.

They could have cancelled the show and refunded the ticket to the two of us, with a simple apology. But they chose to perform as per the schedule.

I was so impressed by this manifestation of total commitment and sincerity that I wrote about this to Kalki. The magazine published my letter.

Whenever I think about commitment, this incident comes to my mind. I had no occassion to witness any other play of this gentleman (He continues his mission till this time and I read about him in the papers now and then) but he has been occupying a seat of esteem in my mind.
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A correction

It was in the late eighties, not late nineties, as I have inadvertently mentioned. The year was 1988 or 1989.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful sir,

its a case of integrity coupled with love to theatre .

today i see many dramatists getting down from car at 6.55 pm and enters the stage delivering dialogues as if they have been doing kalai thondu .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Looking at Life Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Parthavi etal,
The approach I intended has certainly picked with a poem and write-up on 'KoothupattaRai' as evidence of a virtue called COMMITMENT.
Commitment- a virtue of precision.
We often hear the word 'commitment'. It is almost a virtue preached and seldom practised. I do not summarily universalize the observation; but, certainly it is a commodity that eludes us in daily life. A bizarre feature about this phenomenon is its association with humans of every stratum. It does not have anything to do with one's status, level of education, wealth or any other parameter by which the society views an individual. So to say, this one virtue is highly democratic in associating itself with anyone.Obviously, it is a GOD-SENT character to a person. There is no training strategy or methodology that can 'infuse' this virtue to any one.

It is a magnificent element which helps any system to sustain itself. My calling it democratic could be justified from our familiarity with committed persons who occupy every cadre in a hierarchy from peon to GM though the numeric value of this genre is rather neglibly low. Yet, it is this microscopic segment that keeps all our 'functional systems' intact even, if they encounter difficulties.
For the 'committed' inconveniences are accepted as a part of life; they don't even murmur of such hardships heaped on them by 'relaxed' workers in their ambience. Therefore it is God-sent'.

Prima facie, commitment is inculcatedin a person who is quite 'sensitive'. Being so, they do not allow callous indifference to the woes of others to rule their mind. It is this single factor that drives the committed person to fulfill all requirements in time. Taking advantage of this, quite a few people exploit their 'sensitivity' and burden them with additional work. Even if they ['committed' people ] choose to curse their colleagus of over-burdening, they would not abandon their helping tendency. But, they willingly shoulder burden , not to satisfy the colleague but to help the customer / consumer.

Why this trait in just a few, while a greater majority does not just care?

The most plausible explanation is the bearing from 'Self respect' that a person harbours within. Such persons would not like to place themselves in any awkward slot from where they may have to tender 'explanations' for a lapse.
With commitment in place, precision and perfection follow suit.

That in broad, is the information I perceive of commitment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: